Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2006 7:12:57 PM EDT
SPECIAL TO WORLD TRIBUNE.COM
Wednesday, March 29, 2006
AMMAN — A leading U.S. security firm has offered to provide forces for any counter-insurgency mission around the world.

J. Cofer Black, vice chairman of Blackwater USA told the Special Operations Forces Exhibition (Sofex-2006), that his company could supply private soldiers to any country. Black, a former U.S. State Department counter-terrorism coordinator, said Blackwater has been marketing the concept of private armies for low-intensity conflicts.

"About a year ago, we realized we could do it," Black said.
Blackwater has been a leading private security firm in Iraq. The company provides thousands of foreign and Iraqi personnel for government and private security missions.

In his presentation in Amman, Jordan, on March 27, Black said Blackwater could supply peace-keeping forces. He said the company was capable of providing a brigade-sized force on alert.

One option, Black said, was for Blackwater to provide forces for Sudan's Darfour province. He said the company could bolster existing peace-keeping forces from the African Union.

"I believe there is a contribution to be made by a small force," Black said. "The issue is who's going to let us play on their team?"

Black said Blackwater would not participate in conventional military operations. He said he has discussed his concept with the United States and NATO.

"There is clear potential to conduct security operations at a fraction of the coast of NATO operations," Black said. "It's unusual and that's why I'm raising it. This is not what you do if your objective is more money."

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:13:46 PM EDT
[#1]
The search functino is a pretty good tool. You should try it some time
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:14:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Already discussed all day long.

HH
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:16:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Dupe.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:17:30 PM EDT
[#4]
havent heard about it, and you have to provide a link if you call a dupe
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:19:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:20:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
havent heard about it, and you have to provide a link if you call a dupe

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=450271
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:21:45 PM EDT
[#7]
aw heck, IBTL.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:22:34 PM EDT
[#8]
No comment from the "secret service, CIA, space shuttle door gunner, super uberl para military, under cover" guy that I became somewhere in some thread.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:26:12 PM EDT
[#9]
After seeing a report about Blackwater concerning Scott Helfsted's death, I view Blackwater w/ some skepticism.

This should piss in someone's cornflakes.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:28:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:28:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:28:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Insert attempted witticism from first thread on this subject, here.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:31:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Dupe.

+1
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:19:59 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
After seeing a report about Blackwater concerning Scott Helfsted's death, I view Blackwater w/ some skepticism.

This should piss in someone's cornflakes.

Helvenston. Not "helfsted".

What report did you see? The one on PBS??  
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:34:13 AM EDT
[#16]
How do you join?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:04:34 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
"Blackwater" in Subject Search had nothing so I thought I was good.

One of the reasons there are so many dupes is because fucktards are constantly posting topic subjects like 'WOW!," "I thought this was funny!," "This is Great!," or "You Gotta Check This Out."  In this case someone needed to search for "low-intensity" to find it.  At least you used a descriptive, searchable title.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top