Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2006 10:14:41 AM EDT
This morning i woke up with another one. Vomited twice and took a copious amount of Excedrin and am now feeling better somewhat.   Drs:How many of these do i get before i qualify for a MRI?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:31:50 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are waking up with them.. make sure your not clenching your jaw during sleep.. Get a mouth pice to wear.

if you dont have presription meds..

4 200mg ibuprofen + high caffein drink, dew or something.. not an energy drink, the other stuff in those can make them worse.

most OTC migrain specific meds have caffein in them.. excedrin migrain... all I know is I need at minimum 800mg total of ibuprofen and a mtn dew.  I do not drink caffenated beverages EXCEPT for when i have migrains.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:09:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you try to eliminate caffine WindGap?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:11:42 PM EDT
[#3]
i very rarely have any caffiene and even so nothing in my intake has changed in the past few weeks. i am assuming it is from a neck injury i have. i have three herniated disks right now.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:21:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey man, I knew a lady that had a similar problem. She kept a lot of everything she had eaten, drank, activities, etc. to figure out what the problem was. She figured out that it was flourescent lighting. She can only handle it for about 4 hours before it bothers her. She has switched lighting and hasn't had a migraine in 7 years. You might consider trying something like that.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:21:34 PM EDT
[#5]
How about other stimulants. Nicotine and Vicoden are just as bad. Anything that blocks adonosine receptors.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:53:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Didn't we already go through this?  Please take the advice from the other thread and go see a physician.  The internet can't tell you anything more than you already know.  You will only complicate matters by taking OTCs or even prescription meds, especially if you are taking them frequently.

It is more than possible that it's from a neck injury, however, only a doctor should be DXing that for you.  Only trying to help.  I have migraines and they suck.  

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:57:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I've heard that many headaches are due to an allergic reaction. (Verify this on your own)

It may be something you ate or drank (or even touched or smoked).

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top