Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2006 6:52:16 AM EDT

Houston at her Whit's end
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006140354,00.html

By VICTORIA NEWTON
Showbiz Editor
SUPERSTAR Whitney Houston has spiralled into a world of squalor and degradation on deadly crack — as the shocking pictures in today's Sun newspaper reveal.

It shows the disgusting mess in the singer’s bathroom after a drug binge.  

Drug paraphernalia including a crack-smoking pipe, rolling papers, cocaine-caked spoons and cigarette ends are strewn across the surface tops.

But Whitney, 42, no longer cares.

She was one of the biggest female artists of her generation — with a string of ’80s and ’90s hit singles like I Wanna Dance With Somebody and more than 100million albums sold.

Now she is a paranoid wreck hopelessly hooked on crack.

Drugs have devastated her once-famous beauty.
Voice loved by millions

WHITNEY burst into the charts in 1985 with her debut Saving All My Love For You.

Chart toppers like I Wanna Dance With Somebody and One Moment In Time followed.

I Will Always Love You, from the soundtrack of her hit 1992 movie The Bodyguard, sold an astonishing 37million copies.

She won 21 American Music Awards and six Grammys.

She is haggard, with dark circles under her eyes and a deranged look on her face.

She regularly disappears for days and weeks at a time — holed up in seedy crack dens in dangerous parts of town.

And she has blown much of her multi-million pound showbiz fortune on her habit.

Now family and friends fear the addiction will end in her death unless she can beat it.

The bathroom photo was taken by Whitney’s sister-in-law Tina Brown at the five-bedroom mansion the star shares with her drug-abusing hubby Bobby Brown in Atlanta, Georgia.

Tina, sister of Bobby, is herself a self-confessed former addict who once regularly took crack with mum-of-one Whitney.

She is now clean. But she said: “The truth needs to come out. Whitney won’t stay off the drugs. It’s every single day. It’s so ugly. Everyone is so scared she is going to overdose.”

In a shocking interview, the mother of six told how Whitney spends days locked in her bedroom amid piles of rubbish.

There the woman who co-starred with Kevin Costner in the 1992 hit movie The Bodyguard smokes crack, uses sex toys to satisfy herself and ignores personal hygiene.

When high on drugs, she imagines she sees demons and is being beaten by them.  

The sad truth is that she bites and punches her own body without realising it.

Millions of fans will find it hard to believe that THIS was once the wholesome girl admired for her stunning looks and amazing voice.

The artist who started out aged 11 in a church gospel choir, encouraged by a family of top singers like her mother Cissy Houston, first cousin Dionne Warwick and godmother Aretha Franklin.

Tragically, drug-crazed Whitney has refused all offers of help to get clean and has had failed spells in rehab.

Tina, 42, said: “She’ll point to the floor and say, ‘See that demon. I’m telling you somebody’s messing with Bobby’. She always thinks it’s something to do with Bobby. But it’s her, hitting herself.”

In her paranoia, Whitney made a hole in the bathroom wall so she could see who was in the house.

Tina said: “She breaks everything — mirrors, phones, cabinets, appliances.”

She revealed Whitney’s 13-year-old daughter Bobbi Kristina was often frightened by her mum’s weird behaviour.

Tina also claimed Whitney was so wasted on drugs that she wet herself — then put on a baby’s nappy.

And once Whitney smoked crack on the way to a rehab clinic.

Tina recalled: “She’d say, ‘I’m just gonna act crazy’.”

Whitney allegedly calls a stream of dealers to her house and buys “eight balls” of crack — eighth of an ounce rocks.  

Users usually break an eight ball up into smaller pieces.

But Tina said Whitney cuts open a cigar, puts an entire eight ball inside it with marijuana and smokes it.

Whitney was also rushed to hospital in 2003 with blood gushing from her nose — and emerged with a bizarre bandage on it.

A source said: “Everyone wondered what happened to Whitney’s nose.”

Witnesses at a Las Vegas hotel described how she had earlier looked “completely trashed”.

Tina added: “I understand what she’s going through. Addiction is a disease. Maybe this interview will save her life.”
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:54:28 AM EDT
[#1]
"Cocaine is a helluva drug."
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:55:36 AM EDT
[#2]
So where's the pictures???

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:56:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:00:46 AM EDT
[#4]
This can't be true because she makes too much money to do crack.

"Crack is whack."

What a stupid bitch. Now maybe I'll never again ever here THE MOST ANNOYING song ever created.
'I'll Always Love You', the theme song to The Bodyguard. It's like screwdrivers being pushed into my ears.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:01:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:02:07 AM EDT
[#6]
This is all that fuckin' Bobby Brown's fault.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:04:09 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

What a stupid bitch. Now maybe I'll never again ever here THE MOST ANNOYING song ever created.
'I'll Always Love You', the theme song to The Bodyguard. It's like screwdrivers being pushed into my ears.

Isn't that a Dolly Parton song, btw?

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:04:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
yeesh, I'll do it

[Vincent Vega]That's a damn shame.[/Vincent Vega]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:04:57 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Isn't that a Dolly Parton song, btw?

Yes.

And it is just as annoying when she sings it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:08:04 AM EDT
[#10]
I thought this thread was going to be about drug-pushing Katrina refugees in Texas.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:08:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Wonder how much the siste in law got paid.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:09:01 AM EDT
[#12]
what a waste
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:10:16 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Now maybe I'll never again ever here THE MOST ANNOYING song ever created.

It really is!

That's a shame though, she had it all and now look at her. I never understood why she married Bobby Brown, he's not talented, not good looking and not richer than her.

I feel sorry for their kid.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:11:16 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.drudgereport.com/whit.jpg

Holy crap.....
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:13:12 AM EDT
[#15]
What a waste, she HAD tallent and smoked it away.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:18:21 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I thought this thread was going to be about drug-pushing Katrina refugees in Texas.  

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:26:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Drudge just posted this link too:

I did crack with Whitney
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:31:23 AM EDT
[#18]
She never seemed to be very smart.  Marrying Bobby Brown is a big clue to just how smart she was.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top