Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2006 5:54:06 AM EDT
My wife has booked us a vacation week at Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina (just north of Myrtle Beach) from April 14th thru the 19th.  It looks nice, but I can only take so much sand and sea.

Please tell me where the nearest gun shops are in this area, and if there are any gun shows or “events” taking place during that period.  Thanks for your help!

Ken
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:00:10 AM EDT
[#1]
There are some indoor ranges in Myrtle Beach. Shooters Choice in Wilmington has a nice new indoor facility, too.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:02:19 AM EDT
[#2]
There is an indoor range south of MB on Hwy 17.  I don't know the name.  They also have a Bass Pro just North of MB.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:57:38 PM EDT
[#3]
You can always down to Charleston, go out to Ft. Sumter and lead a cheer for the 54th.

Actually Ft. Sumter and Ft. Moultrie are worth a visit.  Not sure that Patriots Point is significantly different thatn the museums down in Fall River.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:59:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Take a ride up to Wilmington and see the Battleship North Carolina.

Well worth your time.  And it will be much easier to tour the innards of the ship at this time of the year.  When I was there last July, the temp outside was 105* and the temp inside the ship was prob. around 140*.  I almost had a heat stroke.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:09:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
There is an indoor range south of MB on Hwy 17.  I don't know the name.  They also have a Bass Pro just North of MB.

Myrtle Beach Indoor Shooting Range, i work there part time, Tues and Thurs 5-till close and Saturday mornings. We still have a good selection, even though we had a fire a couple weeks ago, some slightly damaged firearms still on sale. The range is open from 10-8, 2 rifle lane and 4 pistol lanes, only 25yds on each. We have handgun rentals, all we ask is you purchase all ammo for the rentals there..(insurance liability reasons)...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top