User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/26/2006 11:50:03 PM EDT
I didn't say it!

Marriage Is for White People'

By Joy Jones
Sunday, March 26, 2006; B01

I grew up in a time when two-parent families were still the norm, in both black and white America. Then, as an adult, I saw divorce become more commonplace, then almost a rite of passage. Today it would appear that many -- particularly in the black community -- have dispensed with marriage altogether.

But as a black woman, I have witnessed the outrage of girlfriends when the ex failed to show up for his weekend with the kids, and I've seen the disappointment of children who missed having a dad around. Having enjoyed a close relationship with my own father, I made a conscious decision that I wanted a husband, not a live-in boyfriend and not a "baby's daddy," when it came my time to mate and marry.

My time never came.

For years, I wondered why not. And then some 12-year-olds enlightened me.

"Marriage is for white people."

That's what one of my students told me some years back when I taught a career exploration class for sixth-graders at an elementary school in Southeast Washington. I was pleasantly surprised when the boys in the class stated that being a good father was a very important goal to them, more meaningful than making money or having a fancy title.

"That's wonderful!" I told my class. "I think I'll invite some couples in to talk about being married and rearing children."

"Oh, no," objected one student. "We're not interested in the part about marriage. Only about how to be good fathers."

And that's when the other boy chimed in, speaking as if the words left a nasty taste in his mouth: "Marriage is for white people."

He's right. At least statistically. The marriage rate for African Americans has been dropping since the 1960s, and today, we have the lowest marriage rate of any racial group in the United States. In 2001, according to the U.S. Census, 43.3 percent of black men and 41.9 percent of black women in America had never been married, in contrast to 27.4 percent and 20.7 percent respectively for whites. African American women are the least likely in our society to marry. In the period between 1970 and 2001, the overall marriage rate in the United States declined by 17 percent; but for blacks, it fell by 34 percent. Such statistics have caused Howard University relationship therapist Audrey Chapman to point out that African Americans are the most uncoupled people in the country.

How have we gotten here? What has shifted in African American customs, in our community, in our consciousness, that has made marriage seem unnecessary or unattainable?

Although slavery was an atrocious social system, men and women back then nonetheless often succeeded in establishing working families. In his account of slave life and culture, "Roll, Jordan, Roll," historian Eugene D. Genovese wrote: "A slave in Georgia prevailed on his master to sell him to Jamaica so that he could find his wife, despite warnings that his chances of finding her on so large an island were remote. . . . Another slave in Virginia chopped his left hand off with a hatchet to prevent being sold away from his son." I was stunned to learn that a black child was more likely to grow up living with both parents during slavery days than he or she is today, according to sociologist Andrew J. Cherlin.

Traditional notions of family, especially the extended family network, endure. But working mothers, unmarried couples living together, out-of-wedlock births, birth control, divorce and remarriage have transformed the social landscape. And no one seems to feel this more than African American women. One told me that with today's changing mores, it's hard to know "what normal looks like" when it comes to courtship, marriage and parenthood. Sex, love and childbearing have become a la carte choices rather than a package deal that comes with marriage. Moreover, in an era of brothers on the "down low," the spread of sexually transmitted diseases and the decline of the stable blue-collar jobs that black men used to hold, linking one's fate to a man makes marriage a risky business for a black woman.

"A woman who takes that step is bold and brave," one young single mother told me. "Women don't want to marry because they don't want to lose their freedom."

Among African Americans, the desire for marriage seems to have a different trajectory for women and men. My observation is that black women in their twenties and early thirties want to marry and commit at a time when black men their age are more likely to enjoy playing the field. As the woman realizes that a good marriage may not be as possible or sustainable as she would like, her focus turns to having a baby, or possibly improving her job status, perhaps by returning to school or investing more energy in her career.

As men mature, and begin to recognize the benefits of having a roost and roots (and to feel the consequences of their risky bachelor behavior), they are more willing to marry and settle down. By this time, however, many of their female peers are satisfied with the lives they have constructed and are less likely to settle for marriage to a man who doesn't bring much to the table. Indeed, he may bring too much to the table: children and their mothers from previous relationships, limited earning power, and the fallout from years of drug use, poor health care, sexual promiscuity. In other words, for the circumspect black woman, marriage may not be a business deal that offers sufficient return on investment.

In the past, marriage was primarily just such a business deal. Among wealthy families, it solidified political alliances or expanded land holdings. For poorer people, it was a means of managing the farm or operating a household. Today, people have become economically self-sufficient as individuals, no longer requiring a spouse for survival. African American women have always had a high rate of labor-force participation. "Why should well-salaried women marry?" asked black feminist and author Alice Dunbar-Nelson as early as 1895. But now instead of access only to low-paying jobs, we can earn a breadwinner's wage, which has changed what we want in a husband. "Women's expectations have changed dramatically while men's have not changed much at all," said one well-paid working wife and mother. "Women now say, 'Providing is not enough. I need more partnership.' "

The turning point in my own thinking about marriage came when a longtime friend proposed about five years ago. He and I had attended college together, dated briefly, then kept in touch through the years. We built a solid friendship, which I believe is a good foundation for a successful marriage.

But -- if we had married, I would have had to relocate to the Midwest. Been there, done that, didn't like it. I would have had to become a stepmother and, although I felt an easy camaraderie with his son, stepmotherhood is usually a bumpy ride. I wanted a house and couldn't afford one alone. But I knew that if I was willing to make some changes, I eventually could.

As I reviewed the situation, I realized that all the things I expected marriage to confer -- male companionship, close family ties, a house -- I already had, or were within reach, and with exponentially less drama. I can do bad by myself, I used to say as I exited a relationship. But the truth is, I can do pretty good by myself, too.

Most single black women over the age of 30 whom I know would not mind getting married, but acknowledge that the kind of man and the quality of marriage they would like to have may not be likely, and they are not desperate enough to simply accept any situation just to have a man. A number of my married friends complain that taking care of their husbands feels like having an additional child to raise. Then there's the fact that marriage apparently can be hazardous to the health of black women. A recent study by the Institute for American Values, a nonpartisan think tank in New York City, indicates that married African American women are less healthy than their single sisters.

By design or by default, black women cultivate those skills that allow them to maintain themselves (or sometimes even to prosper) without a mate.

"If Jesus Christ bought me an engagement ring, I wouldn't take it," a separated thirty-something friend told me. "I'd tell Jesus we could date, but we couldn't marry."

And here's the new twist. African American women aren't the only ones deciding that they can make do alone. Often what happens in black America is a sign of what the rest of America can eventually expect. In his 2003 book, "Mismatch: The Growing Gulf between Women and Men," Andrew Hacker noted that the structure of white families is evolving in the direction of that of black families of the 1960s. In 1960, 67 percent of black families were headed by a husband and wife, compared to 90.9 percent for whites. By 2000, the figure for white families had dropped to 79.8 percent. Births to unwed white mothers were 22.5 percent in 2001, compared to 2.3 percent in 1960. So my student who thought marriage is for white people may have to rethink that in the future.

Still, does this mean that marriage is going the way of the phonograph and the typewriter ribbon?

"I hope it isn't," said one friend who's been married for seven years. "The divorce rate is 50 percent, but people remarry. People want to be married. I don't think it's going out of style."

A black male acquaintance had a different prediction. "I don't believe marriage is going to be extinct, but I think you'll see fewer people married," he said. "It's a bad thing. I believe it takes the traditional family -- a man and a woman -- to raise kids." He has worked with troubled adolescents, and has observed that "the girls who are in the most trouble and who are abused the most -- the father is absent. And the same is true for the boys, too." He believes that his presence and example in the home is why both his sons decided to marry when their girlfriends became pregnant.

But human nature being what it is, if marriage is to flourish -- in black or white America -- it will have to offer an individual woman something more than a business alliance, a panacea for what ails the community, or an incubator for rearing children. As one woman said, "If it weren't for the intangibles, the allure of the lovey-dovey stuff, I wouldn't have gotten married. The benefits of marriage are his character and his caring. If not for that, why bother?"

www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/25/AR2006032500029.html
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:56:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I just want to have sex, she can have my babies and her too and her and her

Marriage is looked down upon any more...More and more guys/girls don't want to marry while the queers are trying to get married.

This country is going to hell in a handbasket rather quickly.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:57:05 PM EDT
[#2]
This thread is overty racist, and I have no idea why.

IBTL

<married and white, btw>
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:59:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:04:38 AM EDT
[#4]
It's a long way to the bottom, but we're making great time getting there!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:07:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

+1  

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:18:09 AM EDT
[#6]
White liberals are to blame for much of it.  Single mothers get more welfare.  WE are paying them NOT to get married.

Also, maybe black guys are just quicker learners than the whites.
Why marry when it carries such economic risk.

Perhaps I'm cynical, but I can only understand marriage in the context of raising children.

- Another happily married cracka with children here.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:24:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, I gues thats proof racism works both ways.

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:25:07 AM EDT
[#8]
When my wife and I went to the hospital to have or firstborn, there was another family there anxiously awaiting the arrival of a kid.....everyone was anxious except for one guy who I figured was a family friend (native hospital...black dude).  I overheard someone asking him if he was nervous or something and he said "nope...this is my 14th".

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:00:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
When my wife and I went to the hospital to have or firstborn, there was another family there anxiously awaiting the arrival of a kid.....everyone was anxious except for one guy who I figured was a family friend (native hospital...black dude).  I overheard someone asking him if he was nervous or something and he said "nope...this is my 14th".

White guy, right??
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:43:47 AM EDT
[#10]
If married and receives State or Federal aid the spouse becomes responsible in repaying it back in garnish wages or tax return withheld or risk any type of license or other being locked.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:50:19 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

+2 lol
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:55:28 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
White liberals are to blame for much of it....

Feminists and lawyers.

Men who don't want to get married aren't afraid of commitment, they're just making a realistic assessment of the odds.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:57:22 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm just waiting for markm to respond...
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:16:30 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Feminists and lawyers.

Men who don't want to get married aren't afraid of commitment, they're just making a realistic assessment of the odds.

For some men that may be true.

But I doubt that is the motive for most, as the "babby daddy" type men are scoundrels who don't really have anything to loose in a divorce proceeding.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:25:34 AM EDT
[#15]
tag
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:30:38 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
As one woman said, "If it weren't for the intangibles, the allure of the lovey-dovey stuff, I wouldn't have gotten married. The benefits of marriage are his character and his caring. If not for that, why bother?"

Yeah right, if that is all they wanted then why do the always demand the house, the car, and the savings when they leave?  Sure when women are talking to guys about a guy they don't mention it but if you have ever overheard a group of women talking about a new guy that one of them is dating you always hear comments like "he has his own house and a brand new car".

In my view marriage just isn't worth it to the guy anymore more, unless you plan on having kids and raising a family.  I also think people are getting married way too young.  You need to wait until you are older, have had most your fun out of your life, have a good idea of what you want, and know where you are going.  I'm 30, escaped getting married once, but will probably married in 5 years.  My cousin is 29, married his high school sweet heart when he was 22, divorced her about 3 years later, remarried a slightly nutty controlling girl a couple years later, she cheated on him, and their divorce was just finalized last week.  The kicker is he doesn't want kids.  Luckily the divorces haven't been too rough on him.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:06:31 AM EDT
[#17]
well i got married at 25 and have been for the last 16 years and it's been rougher at times than smooth. i grew up in a house hearing all the time if you want kids you need to be married. till my brother had a kid out of marrage. guess things are different for the oldest.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:41:15 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Feminists and lawyers.

Yup.
I'm a white male who has never married.  I found myself reading the above article thinking about how true much of what the author was saying about black women was true for me as a white male.

I don't need a wife.  I certainly don't need one to "homemake" for me, at any rate.  I have a very nice house that was furnished and then left to me by my mom after she died.
I don't need the financial burden of kids, especially not with my income level.  I'm better off saving for my own retirement without the burden of worrying about how to pay for college for kids who sure as hell don't need the burden of caring for me when I get old.  And I'm better off not depending upon them.

I would like to find a female companion, but she would have to genuinely enjoy doing some of the things I like to do.  I've learned the hard way that trying to rearrange my life to "please" someone else can never work out, at least not for me.  And the statistics on divorce are unforgiving; 50/50.

It's not going to happen as near as I can tell and really, that's alright.  I've learned that I can take responsibility for my own happiness and my own needs.
This is the nature of modern life.  I didn't create this situation, but I can deal with it; even enjoy it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:57:43 AM EDT
[#19]
This article is a must-read and provides more insight into the situation........

The very notion of black victimhood is idiotic

By Walter Williams- Author Homepage

If you listened to the rhetoric of black politicians and civil rights leaders, dating back to the Reagan years, you would have been convinced that surely by now black Americans would be back on the plantation. According to them, President Reagan, and later Presidents Bush I and II, would turn back the clock on civil rights. They'd appoint "new racists" dressed in three-piece suits to act through the courts and administrative agencies to reverse black civil rights and economic gains. We can now recognize this rhetoric as the political equivalent of the "rope-a-dope."

As my colleague Tom Sowell pointed out in a recent column, "Liberals, Race and History," if the Democratic party's share of the black vote ever fell to even 70 percent, it's not likely that the Democrats would ever win the White House or Congress again. The strategy liberal Democrats have chosen, to prevent loss of the black vote, is to keep blacks paranoid and in a constant state of fear. But is it fear of racists, or being driven back to the plantation, that should be a top priority for blacks? Let's look at it.

Only 30 to 40 percent of black males graduate from high school. Many of those who do graduate emerge with reading and math skills of a white seventh- or eighth- grader. This is true in cities where a black is mayor, a black is superintendent of schools and the majority of principals and teachers are black. It's also true in cities where the per pupil education expenditures are among the highest in the nation.

Across the U.S., black males represent up to 70 percent of prison populations. Are they in prison for crimes against whites? To the contrary, their victims are primarily other blacks. Department of Justice statistics for 2001 show that in nearly 80 percent of violent crimes against blacks, both the victim and the perpetrator were the same race. In other words, it's not Reaganites, Bush supporters, right-wing ideologues or the Klan causing blacks to live in fear of their lives and property and making their neighborhoods economic wastelands.

What about the decline of the black family? In 1960, only 28 percent of black females between the ages of 15 and 44 were never married. Today, it's 56 percent. In 1940, the illegitimacy rate among blacks was 19 percent, in 1960, 22 percent, and today, it's 70 percent.

Some argue that the state of the black family is the result of the legacy of slavery, discrimination and poverty. That has to be nonsense. A study of family structure in Philadelphia in 1880 shows that three-quarters of black families were nuclear families, comprised of two parents and children. In New York City in 1925, 85 percent of kin-related black households had two parents. In fact, according to Herbert Gutman in "The Black Family in Slavery and Freedom: 1750-1925," "Five in six children under the age of 6 lived with both parents." Therefore, if one argues that what we see today is a result of a legacy of slavery, discrimination and poverty, what's the explanation for stronger black families at a time much closer to slavery - a time of much greater discrimination and of much greater poverty? I think that a good part of the answer is there were no welfare and Great Society programs.

Since black politicians and the civil rights establishment preach victimhood to blacks, I'd prefer that they be more explicit. Were they to be so, saying racists are responsible for black illegitimacy, blacks preying on other blacks and black family breakdown, their victimhood message would be revealed as idiotic. But being so explicit is not as far-fetched as one might think. In a campaign speech before a predominantly black audience, in reference to so many blacks in prison, presidential candidate John Kerry said, "That's unacceptable, but it's not their fault."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Walter E. Williams is professor of economics at George Mason University in Fairfax, Va. You may write to him at Creators Syndicate, 5777 W. Century Blvd., Suite 700, Los Angeles, CA 90045.  

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:07:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Homosexuality is flourishing, marriage is declining, parenting is suffering under dual-income households,  people get paid to punish their children and live in sin, and the loyalty to our country is being watered down by weak immigration policies.  The end of the US Empire speeds toward us like an oncoming train in a tunnel.  I fear for our children.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:09:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Here's some more interesting stats.

12.6% Of Black Males Between 25-29 Are In Prison

WOW 12.6%!!! This article is trying prove that Blacks are locked up at a higher rate because of racial discrimination. I don't believe that for a minute.

On June 30, 2004, there were 2,131,180 people in U.S. prisons and jails. That's a rise of 2.3% during the 12 previous months. Federal prisons are growing almost 5 times faster than state prison populations.

As of June 30, 2004, the U.S. incarceration rate was 726 per 100,000 residents. But when you break down the statistics you see that incarceration is not an equal opportunity punishment.

U.S. incarceration rates by race, June 30, 2004:

Whites: 393 per 100,000
Latinos: 957 per 100,000
Blacks: 2,531 per 100,000

Gender is an important "filter" on the who goes to prison or jail, June 30, 2004:

Females: 123 per 100,000
Males: 1,348 per 100,000

Look at just the males by race, and the incarceration rates become even more frightening, June 30, 2004:

White males: 717 per 100,000
Latino males: 1,717 per 100,000
Black males: 4,919 per 100,000

If you look at males aged 25-29 and by race, you can see what is going on even clearer, June 30, 2004:

For White males ages 25-29: 1,666 per 100,000.
For Latino males ages 25-29: 3,606 per 100,000.
For Black males ages 25-29: 12,603 per 100,000. (That's 12.6% of Black men in their late 20s.)

Link
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:17:55 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Here's some more interesting stats.

12.6% Of Black Males Between 25-29 Are In Prison

WOW 12.6%!!! This article is trying prove that Blacks are locked up at a higher rate because of racial discrimination. I don't believe that for a minute.

On June 30, 2004, there were 2,131,180 people in U.S. prisons and jails. That's a rise of 2.3% during the 12 previous months. Federal prisons are growing almost 5 times faster than state prison populations.

As of June 30, 2004, the U.S. incarceration rate was 726 per 100,000 residents. But when you break down the statistics you see that incarceration is not an equal opportunity punishment.

U.S. incarceration rates by race, June 30, 2004:

Whites: 393 per 100,000
Latinos: 957 per 100,000
Blacks: 2,531 per 100,000

Gender is an important "filter" on the who goes to prison or jail, June 30, 2004:

Females: 123 per 100,000
Males: 1,348 per 100,000

Look at just the males by race, and the incarceration rates become even more frightening, June 30, 2004:

White males: 717 per 100,000
Latino males: 1,717 per 100,000
Black males: 4,919 per 100,000

If you look at males aged 25-29 and by race, you can see what is going on even clearer, June 30, 2004:

For White males ages 25-29: 1,666 per 100,000.
For Latino males ages 25-29: 3,606 per 100,000.
For Black males ages 25-29: 12,603 per 100,000. (That's 12.6% of Black men in their late 20s.)

Link

Actually, TS, I think the stats are higher if you include all those black males of all ages AND include  those working through ALL levels of the criminal justice system; arrest, trial, jail terms, parole, etc.
If the problem is examined with all of those considerations I think that something like the Majority of black males are in some way or another "marriagably ineligible".        
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:21:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:28:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:36:32 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
They need to find what is too loose and tighten it up!

Did someone say toulouse?

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:50:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Isn't that amazing?  Marriage for blacks began to fall in the 60's, just when "The Great Society" welfare state replaced the black man as "Daddy", "Husband", and provider for the family.

The welfare system rewards people for living the worst possible lifestyle, and for the man to not be part of the household.  If there is a man around, the woman and her family is penalized.

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:45:17 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Isn't that amazing?  Marriage for blacks began to fall in the 60's, just when "The Great Society" welfare state replaced the black man as "Daddy", "Husband", and provider for the family.

The welfare system rewards people for living the worst possible lifestyle, and for the man to not be part of the household.  If there is a man around, the woman and her family is penalized.

Spot on in my view.
Another reason to thank a liberal!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:52:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Read it. Tagging it. Trying not to weep over it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:53:41 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Yup, why marry a guy who will cheat on you and not support you when the government will pay you for each kid you have with a new daddy.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:57:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Duh.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:04:24 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
White liberals are to blame for much of it.  Single mothers get more welfare.  WE are paying them NOT to get married.

Perhaps I'm cynical, but I can only understand marriage in the context of raising children.

Agree with most all of that.
How many of these "independent women" would have "made it" without Welfare or the courts stripping the baby daddies of their income?

The biggest issue as far as I am concerned is that marriage these days is a shitty deal for men.  All you do is set yourself up to be royally screwed and less guys are interested in being cannon fodder for a family court and social service system run amuck with anti-male hatred.

I love my wife of 23 years dearly but I doubt I would marry again if anything ever happened to her. What is available out there is really poor. I dated a LOT of women to find her and I am not interested at 47 in having to date 100 or more women to find another one worth keeping.

I am really looking forward to having grandkids but am just about to the point of telling my son just to not marry.  I am afraid it is just not worth it anymore. If I were young again, I would probably date, etc at least an hour from where I live and use an alias. Seriously.

End entitlements, end the anti-male hate that pervades our society and the rest will fall into place.  Yeah, I really believe that.
One question we should ask ourselves is why has gov't done NOTHING to even encourage that? Quite the contrary, in fact.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:08:04 AM EDT
[#32]
How about breaking down the statistic between black Repubs and democRats.  The truth will reveal its ugly face.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:08:11 AM EDT
[#33]
The statistics don't surprise me at all.

Its a cultural thing.  You wouldn't understand.

(btw White and Married here also)
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:14:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Actually I think Whites should look at this as a Canary In A Coal Mine thing. If you look at Europe, the White marriage rate is also falling.

There are a lot fewer reasons to get married anymore. And people living by themselves has shot up to the highest rates ever in the states.

I think it is bad news, kids being raised in a single parent home suffer.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:20:57 AM EDT
[#35]
What about the effect of Black men marrying more white women?   That would tend to make more Black women unmarried, no?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:23:55 AM EDT
[#36]
I blame the president.

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:25:41 AM EDT
[#37]
I wish I could be surprised by this but I'm not.

The traditional family, the cornerstone of a healthy society, is completely under attack.  The consequences are ugly now and they'll only get uglier over time.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:27:04 AM EDT
[#38]
<----- White and not married. I'll take one for the team here boys.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:30:45 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I wish I could be surprised by this but I'm not.

The traditional family, the cornerstone of a healthy society, is completely under attack.  The consequences are ugly now and they'll only get uglier over time.

Yes they are. And it is no surprise, in retrospect, that it was the very first target of the socialist 5th column in this country.

End "Entitlements".

It is the lifeblood of the entire socialist agenda.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:49:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Rome fell from within.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:50:48 AM EDT
[#41]
i'm so white i got married twice!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:08:39 AM EDT
[#42]
    word.

Title: Artist: HOLLA POINT Song: BABY MAMA

[Hook]
I hate (My baby mama)
Don't need (My baby mama)
Can't stand (My baby mama)
Dislike (My baby mama)
I hate (My baby daddy)
Don't need (My baby daddy)
Can't stand (My baby daddy)
Dislike (My baby daddy)

Aiyo, fella's don't you hate when
Ya baby mama git around all her fake friends
She take one lil problem and she make ten
And try to git all the lout that you take in
I should've listened to my dawg's when they warned me
I should have never let that hoochie come and join me
I try to compromise but she be ignoring me
And she love to try and put them boys on me (woo)
Tell me this, why the f*ck you wanna trip now
Talking all that bullsh*t out ya lip now
Running keys on the side of my whip now
Looking like Gladys Knight without 'The Pips' now
I love my shawty but you just getting on my nerve
Till the point where I can't stand hear you say a word
All that baby daddy talk save it for the birds
Fella's what should I do (KICK HER TO THE CURB)
Damn right

[Hook]
I hate (My baby mama)
Dislike (My baby mama)
I hate (My baby daddy)
Dislike (My baby daddy)

Girlfriends don't it upset you
When baby daddy want to follow you and sweat you
Staring all up in yo business trying to catch you
Talking bout you do this he's gone to hit you
And he ain't wit you
****, he can be da baddest
But he'll never stop them boys wit them damn badges

Somebody need to come and show him what a real dad is
Point blank his poor behind shouldn't of never had kids
Tell me this, Why you wanna show ya ass now
Child Support make you pay a little cash now
What's wrong with ya big Lex its out of gas now
Mister man I don't see you actin' bad now
I love my shawty, but yo ass is getting on my nerves
Till the point where I can't stand to hear you say a word
All that baby mama drama save it for the birds
And ladies what should I do (KICK 'EM TO THE CURB)
Damn right

[Hook]
I hate (My baby mama)
Dislike (My baby mama)

I hate (My baby daddy)
Dislike (My baby daddy)

She always wanna talk bullsh*t (KICK HER TO THE CURB)
Wanna trip with the clique (KICK HER TO THE CURB)
She don't wanna cook food (KICK HER TO THE CURB)
Always in a bad mood (KICK HER TO THE CURB)

Wanna mess wit other hoes (KICK 'EM TO THE CURB)
Never buy the baby clothes (KICK 'EM TO THE CURB)
Never wanna take you out (KICK 'EM TO THE CURB)
When other hoes call ya house (KICK 'EM TO THE CURB)
Damn right

I hate (*echoes)
Don't need (*echoes)
Can't stand (*echoes)
Dislike (*echoes)
(Repeat w/ female)

[Hook]
I hate (My baby mama)
Dislike (My baby mama)

I hate (My baby daddy)
Dislike (My baby daddy)
(Repeat then end)
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:09:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Why practice racism when blacks are very good at hurting themselves?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:17:33 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Spot on in my view.
Another reason to thank a liberal!

The black family survived 200 years of slavery but was exterminated by 40 years of 'liberalism'.  Welfare and 'the great society / war on poverty ' killed the black family and was the spark for the great upswing in black crime.  Thanks l.b.j. for fucking up our country.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:23:21 AM EDT
[#45]
I just want to add a little bit of personal experience:

I've known some educated black men who are great contributing members of society.  Great neighbors, co-workers, fathers, etc.

My point is that when a person from any race chooses to seek an education and succeed, that person can do so.

Having said that, I also see many minorities trap themselves by rejecting oportunities to succeed.  In the end, success or failure is primarily the responsibility of the individual.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:23:26 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

The black family survived 200 years of slavery but was exterminated by 40 years of 'liberalism'.  Welfare and 'the great society / war on poverty ' killed the black family and was the spark for the great upswing in black crime.  Thanks l.b.j. for fucking up our country.  

Ain't that the truth.
Worst President ever. And to think that socialists were dismayed when he decided not to run in '68.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:28:25 AM EDT
[#47]

Marriage is for white people  

"My baby's Momma" and "My baby's Daddy" are for black people.

I remember when I was a delivery manager for a lumber yard.  I had several black drivers.  One of them kept talking about his baby's momma.  I finally had to ask him what he was talking about.  I guess I'm just a white person.  I don't know what it is like to have bastard children.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:35:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Marriage is like education in the young black community.....looked down upon by those who have it.  Stupidity and infidelity are more in trend.  Seriously....read what black writers have put out there about stigmas in the black community.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:49:59 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
This thread is overty racist, and I have no idea why.

IBTL

<married and white, btw>

oh boy!

"racist"

the modern day all purpose word - fits all occasions

what a joke

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:53:04 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

they're fast learners huh?

sounds like they're heading for total disintegration of their culture

i'm glad i'm not a fast learner
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top