Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2006 6:22:55 PM EDT
My really left wing teacher wants to wach this hunk of crap while some of the under classmen are taking their state test. I am strongly against the idea, i will damn near watch about anything else as long as its not a michel moron movie, i could barley watch columbine and couldnt make it past 15 minutes of fahrenfuck 911.

Im quoting her when i say this "It shows  good view of what lead to the columbine shootings"

I have watched it and it only mentions colmbine to promote their anti-gun agenda

The history channel has a better depiction of what really happened and what lead to it with their episode of Count down to Disaster or whatever the name was, Id prefer to watch that then that pile of shit by Moore even if i have seen it already

Or hell why cant we watch saving private ryan and show my punk classmates the real meaning of war and what its like.

To me saving ryan is symbolic to what all soldiers do for us when they sacrfice themselves to save the rest of us, just in a simpler context.

Ugh we will find out tommorow.....
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:26:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Look up sites like "Bowling for Truth and get the real story..
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:27:54 PM EDT
[#2]
walk out, if they give you shit, raise a stink
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:28:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Look up sites like "Bowling for Truth and get the real story..

......and dare to bring it up in the middle of indoctrination class......
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:30:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:32:27 PM EDT
[#5]
What good would that do?  Show students how NOT to be a journalist?

Check out "Michael Moore Hates America" by Michael Wilson.

He goes to some of the places and talks to the people featured in Moore's film.  Among the interesting things he finds are that Moore is not actually from Flint, but a neighboring town, and that he intentionally misrepresented himself on several occasions in order to gain the trust of several people in addition to Charleton Heston before misquoting them or taking their words out of context.  Don't even get me started on his creative editing of the NRA conventions to make it look like they were insensitive.

Michael Moore is an assclown, plain and simple.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:35:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
My really left wing teacher wants to wach this hunk of crap while some of the under classmen are taking their state test. I am strongly against the idea, i will damn near watch about anything else as long as its not a michel moron movie, i could barley watch columbine and couldnt make it past 15 minutes of fahrenfuck 911.

Im quoting her when i say this "It shows  good view of what lead to the columbine shootings"

I have watched it and it only mentions colmbine to promote their anti-gun agenda

The history channel has a better depiction of what really happened and what lead to it with their episode of Count down to Disaster or whatever the name was, Id prefer to watch that then that pile of shit by Moore even if i have seen it already

Or hell why cant we watch saving private ryan and show my punk classmates the real meaning of war and what its like.

To me saving ryan is symbolic to what all soldiers do for us when they sacrfice themselves to save the rest of us, just in a simpler context.

From your grammar and spelling, it sounds like you are ready for graduation.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:37:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Watch it and write what YOU think about it...............or do what these other guys said
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:39:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
walk out, if they give you shit, raise drydock a stink pickle on the teachers desk

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:40:59 PM EDT
[#9]
bring it up to the teacher that you'll agree to letting her watch BFC ONLY IF she shows another video of a counter view.  If not, go to the Principal and then take it to the media.   You may recall a similar deal here in CO with a teacher who has a bias libtard pov.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:43:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

From your grammar and spelling, it sounds like you are ready for graduation.  

Oh im horrible but atleast i have common sense
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:43:31 PM EDT
[#11]
http://www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html

http://www.mooreexposed.com/

Try checking these out before class.

-K
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:45:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes, watch it, and take notes.  

Then ask to go back, review certain sections... see how the clothing and background change around Charleton Heston.  It is edited together from different speeches at different times and places.  

There are a lot of inconsistencies, and outright fabrications.  

Use this as a basis for, "Is Michael Moore a Journalist or Propagandist?"  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:46:40 PM EDT
[#13]
This steaming pile of a "movie" was shown in my 9th grade World Cultures class.  

I came in when it was about half way over, and I thought it was a comedy.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:46:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Tell your teacher that he/she must also show Waco:Rules of Engagement
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:50:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Yes, watch it, and take notes.  

Then ask to go back, review certain sections... see how the clothing and background change around Charleton Heston.  It is edited together from different speeches at different times and places.  

There are a lot of inconsistencies, and outright fabrications.  

Use this as a basis for, "Is Michael Moore a Journalist or Propagandist?"  

Oh if we watch this i will be pointing that out
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:02:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Don't forget to tell your teacher that Michael Moree owns stock in Halliburton.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:07:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Print out the information on this website and show her the truth about that so called documentary!

www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:10:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Marxist propaganda like B.F.C. really would get the panty gravvy flowing for a commie lib-Dem fuktard teacher ,  i have had several , and they are all full of SHT !

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:12:59 PM EDT
[#19]
In addition to the above, you could also ask her to switch films.

Suggest "another wonderful title by the genius documentary filmmaker Michael Moore" -- Fahrenheit 9-11.

I only suggest that because I'm not too well-versed on the counter-film to BfC, but I am for F9-11.  It's called Fahren-hype 9-11.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:28:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Do what I did:

In my senior year "Government & Politics" class, my uber-leftist teacher decided it would be a good idea to force us to watch "Bowling for Columbine". I raised the biggest stink I could, and finally convinced her to let me get up in front of the class for twenty minutes and do a sort of "counter point" presentation. It was fun, destroying all the anti's arguments.

Do it, I urge you.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:06:20 PM EDT
[#21]
It's a documentary:  It must be real.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:20:56 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
bring it up to the teacher that you'll agree to letting her watch BFC ONLY IF she shows another video of a counter view.  If not, go to the Principal and then take it to the media.   You may recall a similar deal here in CO with a teacher who has a bias libtard pov.

+1   Show the teacher how to teach instead of being a propagandist bitch.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:50:55 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
This steaming pile of a "movie" was shown in my 9th grade World Cultures class.  

I came in when it was about half way over, and I thought it was a comedy.  

It was a comedy- even MM says so. Although the hollywood elites were quick to cover him in glory for what they called a "documentary" MM has said it was a "mockumentary".
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:01:20 AM EDT
[#24]
don't be a reactionary.  use spin.  in the movie, michael moore actually comes out and says "so guns are not the problem."  use that.  tell them it's a pro-2nd amendment film.  in actuality, if you watch closely, moore blames the media for violence--he talkes about the "culture of fear".  he points out that canada has 1+ gun per capita, but has very little gun crime.  hammer the teacher with that.  don't let her change the subject.  if she obfuscates, keep asking "so michael moore is wrong?"

you aren't going to convince anyone of anything by acting like a reactionary.  use your head, and you might make a difference.

all politics is spin.  ignore that at your own peril.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:48:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:13:49 AM EDT
[#26]
My English 202B prof at PSU did that.

I skipped those two days.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:26:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Good luck, but it's a college course, and profs whine about freedom of speech- THEIR freedom of speech, not yours.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:48:25 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Good luck, but it's a college course, and profs whine about freedom of speech- THEIR freedom of speech, not yours.

+1 (usually)

When it comes to the avg. profs, you're just there for "Advanced Indoctrination" (i.e. what the public school system couldn't get you to swallow before college)

When it comes to the great profs, they just want you to be able to think critically about their subject -- even if your ideas run contra to theirs.  I've been blessed/lucky enough to have a few of those.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:51:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Use that freedom of speech.  Tell the prof you want  he/she or it to watch you jack-off!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:05:54 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

What school you at?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:19:46 AM EDT
[#31]
What a poor excuse for an educator.

Letting MM think for her instead of using her own brain is the ultimate in non-critical acceptance of propaganda and abdication of her own responsibility to seek the truth.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:38:25 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
What a poor excuse for an educator.

Letting MM think for her instead of using her own brain is the ultimate in non-critical acceptance of propaganda and abdication of her own responsibility to seek the truth.

Maybe she thinks its for entertainment, even though this fil is probably one of the most boring ive seen in my life
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:40:25 PM EDT
[#33]

What school you at?

I go to school in north St.Louis
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:03:26 PM EDT
[#34]
I dunno - I thought Bowling for Columbine wasn't really anti-gun.  It TRIED to be anti-gun but a lot of the points he made ended up being neutral on guns.  I thought it was more anti-violence / anti "culture of violence"  He points out that Canada has just as many guns per capita as the US but WAY less gun violence and a which I thought was a good, pro-gun argument (guns don't kill people - people kill people).

If anything, the film presents the opportunity to talk about guns, how canada has just as many and yet has significantly fewer gun deaths.  It speaks more to the culture in the US where using a gun to kill someone is more "acceptable" for a multitude of reasons.

mike (not a sociologist)
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:39:22 PM EDT
[#35]
I swear, I might be the only pro-gun English teacher in America.  For my composition class, I am encouraging one of my students (a future Marine) to write an essay of argumentation for the replacement of the M16A2 with the M4A1 as our standard issue long arm in the US armed services.  This isn't something that most kids can argue with their teachers about.

Tell your teacher that "Bowling for Columbine" is propaganda, not journalism.  Tell him if he can't tell the difference, he isn't fit to teach the course.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:44:30 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I dunno - I thought Bowling for Columbine wasn't really anti-gun.  It TRIED to be anti-gun but a lot of the points he made ended up being neutral on guns.  I thought it was more anti-violence / anti "culture of violence"  He points out that Canada has just as many guns per capita as the US but WAY less gun violence and a which I thought was a good, pro-gun argument (guns don't kill people - people kill people).

If anything, the film presents the opportunity to talk about guns, how canada has just as many and yet has significantly fewer gun deaths.  It speaks more to the culture in the US where using a gun to kill someone is more "acceptable" for a multitude of reasons.

mike (not a sociologist)

see?  watch it critically, and you pick up on this.  THIS is the kind of idea that changes minds.  my bro and i are working on his green-party liberal girlfriend using stuff like this, and she's now conceding that she's been brainwashed to hate guns.  she's actually angry about the fabrications of the left on this particular issue.

you can bang your head into a wall forever and do no good.  come at it from another direction, and you get people to think.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top