Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2006 4:48:15 PM EDT
I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop w/ a 1.1 GHz celeron and 240 MB ram.  I am using the latest WMP.  I have already tried the driver update and to turn off the acceleration, and the playback got worse.  Anything I can do to smooth out the playback?  Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:01:11 PM EDT
[#1]
My WMP wouldn't play dvd's until I installed PoverDVD, and used it's codec, keeping WMA as the player.

The first time I installed it (PDVD), playback was poor. Removed and reinstalled it, and it works fine now.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:12:21 PM EDT
[#2]
What type of video are you trying to play? DVD, mpg, avi, etc..
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:13:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Add some ram and kill any useless processes running in the background.  Is this DVD or an .avi or some other type of movie file?  Also how full is your hard drive?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:51:14 PM EDT
[#4]
the files are videos I have downloaded. one of the files that skips is one I just got from here, some full auto shooting.  it is a WMA video.  My hard drive is on the empty side.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top