Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2006 12:56:38 PM EDT
Alleged UNC Campus Crasher Said He Wanted To Use A Gun
Created: 3/25/2006 3:09:01 PM
Updated: 3/25/2006 3:12:36 PM

Hillsborough, NC -- A man charged with trying to kill students by hitting them with a car says he would have preferred using a gun but screening laws are too stringent.

The statement is contained in a letter read at a hearing in his case.

Mohammed Taheri-Azar allegedly drove a Jeep Cherokee into a crowd of students at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill March 3rd, hitting nine people. No one had life-threatening injuries.

At the probable cause hearing, the man's relatives described him as a kind soul, a NASCAR fan who likes fishing and camping with friends.

Taheri-Azar, a 2005 graduate of the school, also had two cans of pepper spray and a folding knife in the rented vehicle. He has said the act was to avenge Muslim deaths caused by the US.
Associated Press
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:00:24 PM EDT
[#1]

Hillsborough, NC -- A man charged with trying to kill students by hitting them with a car says he would have preferred using a gun but screening laws are too stringent.

Thank god for gun laws.  We'll be hearing about that fr a while.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:04:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Takes some wind outta the Brady bunch saying gun laws are too lax, huh!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:14:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Takes some wind outta the Brady bunch saying gun laws are too lax, huh!

+1

It seems like every time I turn around, I hear about how easy it is for terrorists to walk into any gun store and buy a .50 cal with the intent of shooting down a 747 with a plane full of children

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:18:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Cars should be banned!  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:28:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:31:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Thank god for gun laws.  We'll be hearing about that fr a while.

The irony is that as long as someone is in this country legally, they are can legally buy a gun.  The Islamo-fascist simply didn't know that he could.

But you're 100% right that the news media will talk about how the 'gun laws' did prevent him from getting a gun.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:33:57 PM EDT
[#7]
So, it just shows that if you want to kill people or try to kill people you will get what you can to do it with.  He went and rented that Jeep.  If he could not get a Jeep, no telling what he would have used.  Maybe a midsized 4 door for example.  

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:43:14 PM EDT
[#8]
This letter proves that guns laws do not prevent mahem.  This "student" didn't go back to his dorm, resigned to fact that he couldn't cause mahem.  Rather, he grabbed another tool to use as a weapon, an automobile.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:54:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v439/osprey21/2_21_030406_unc1.jpg

That sad waste of oxygen sure does look Iranian.  Why isn't he dead yet?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:59:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He does? Looks Hispanic to me.

Frightening how they can just blend in, eh?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:27:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know what is really scary: that Syrians and Lebanese Arabs often times are lighter in skin complexion than a lot of "Whites", and look like southern Europeans.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:30:44 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know what is really scary: that Syrians and Lebanese Arabs often times are lighter in skin complexion than a lot of "Whites", and look like southern Europeans.

Yep.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:43:56 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.  Although, if you're familiar with them, recognition is immediate.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:19:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, he looks it, but only because I see him in this context. But f he just walked by, I don't think I'd recognize him.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:21:54 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

bad stereotype, but just look at his nose. It is a common trait of caucasoids from the Middle Eastern region to have larger noses than their more northern caucasoid brethren.

EDIT: funny thing, a few Arabs mistook me for being Syrian... didn't last long though once I started talking to them ;).
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:28:54 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

bad stereotype, but just look at his nose. It is a common trait of caucasoids from the Middle Eastern region to have larger noses than their more northern caucasoid brethren.

EDIT: funny thing, a few Arabs mistook me for being Syrian... didn't last long though once I started talking to them ;).

Exactly, so how is that a bad stereotype?  The abnormally large (aka "Persian") nose, is one of the things that gave it away.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:32:03 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly, so how is that a bad stereotype?  The abnormally large (aka "Persian") nose, is one of the things that gave it away.

It is an un-PC stereotype I mean; as some associate it with anti-semitic portrayals of Jews.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:36:23 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is an un-PC stereotype I mean; as some associate it with anti-semitic portrayals of Jews.

If you're looking for political correctness, you're in the wrong place my friend.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top