Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2006 7:15:07 AM EDT
... Order & Chaos in nature is among the most interesting intellectual study that we humans can ponder.

Whether it quantum physics at the atomic level, natural biologic structure and behavior or patterns of seeming randomness coexistent with distinctly recognizable patterns in the universe, it never ceases to amaze me – the conundrum intrigues me more than anything else in life.

I successfully use the dichotomy in my art by mixing chaos with order - it really does work well together on the canvas.

What’s this got to do with personal affairs? Recently, the girlfriend commented to me that my home was “always in order”. No way Jose – to me it's a big mess.

Whether it’s the office or at home or on my computers, when I make a concerted effort to “organize” (so that it appears to be clean and in order) is when my shit gets lost.
Example: When my office is messy, I know exactly when me shit is – when it’s “visibly” clean (like management mandates) I can’t ever find my stuff.
Example: When my “clutter” at home gets to where I think it would offend mom, or becomes a violation of the fire code, I clean up the mess. Invariably the day after I “organize” my place, I’m looking for some desert-tan MOLLE 7.62mm ammo pouch that I knew exactly where it was, the day before, in my junk-room pile of shit.

Military service instills good discipline in orthodox organizational skills. Never served, so I guess I’ve found my own comfortable level of "personal order" – but it works for me. It may not meet mom’s expectations but it meets mine. Does this mean I‘m a slob? Probably, but I can get to my shit faster than my competitor!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:08:57 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

... natural biologic structure and behavior ...

... this is what is partly what inspired my question: I saw March of the Penguins last night, and I was absolutely amazed by the documentary. I would have never guessed.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:16:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like we have a similar cleanliness pattern to our homes.  Wild swings from, as you put it, offending mom and fire code violations to obsessive compulsive cleanliness.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top