BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2006 6:06:34 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:09:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:13:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Somewhere, there's a nail head getting hit with a hammer. Excellent post.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:19:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes it is. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:29:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Amen.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:38:45 AM EDT
[#5]
+1
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:44:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Well said.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:49:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Folks:

Alot has been said here over the years.  On this board we have had people arrested for violations of various laws up to and including being Terrorists who have in fact turned outright traitor and sold out the plans of their own military units.  We have had people arrested for violating various gun laws and invariably we have someone who is innocent post on whether or not they should sell a gun to someone interstate without benefit of an FFL.

My advice given all of this is DON"T.  You know the law.  While there are a few tinfoilers out there, how many of us on a regular basis fear walking into a sporting goods retailer and buying a common long gun in the conventional manner?  I would think very very few.  If someone is asking you to knowingly commit a felony ask yourself why and don't give them the benefit of the doubt.  There is a reason that they don't want the transaction recorded or a nics check done and 99% of the time that reason is that they can't pass the nics check and they know it.  I have met many people that I call friend through arfcom.  99% of them proved to be good people who would not harm a fly and have no ill intent towards anyone or anything.  They however also presume that everyone they encounter is like them.  A good honest person.  Unfortunately this is not always the case.

Ronald Reagan said Trust but verify.  Just yesterday we had nearly the whole board duped by good intentions only to find out that the subject was not what we thought.  Even the fellow's close friend didn't know until late in the day that this guy was a felon.  It now seems however that the reason he was rolling his own was because he couldn't buy one legally. You can agree or disagree with the law all you want, but a true friend would not ask you to commit a felony for them or try to deceive you into doing so to cover their own past deeds.  

The net is a great place to make friends, but as in real life, use caution.  Think of it as a large night club.  You may strike up conversations with many people, but only after getting to know them will you truly realize who you want to associate with.

Wow stop the presses!  Is this in regards to the Shoot-n-scoot thread?  He is a felon?!  I haven't checked that thread since sometime last night, geeze boy you are right we were duped really bad (myself included)
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:03:26 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Wow stop the presses!  Is this in regards to the Shoot-n-scoot thread?  He is a felon?!  I haven't checked that thread since sometime last night, geeze boy you are right we were duped really bad (myself included)

Tell me it ain't so!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:08:32 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tell me it ain't so!

Found this in the Shoot-n-scoot thread

Quoted:
Yes, the update is the felony possession. The lady who left that comment is a reporter and happens to be a friend of a freind. Any way, she confirmed it and, in private correspondence, read off the database the felony conviction, including date, probation, location, etc. I have no reason to doubt her and her story will appear in the local paper next week.

That said, I think they went for the MG. Then manufacturing. Then, finally, the felon thing would stick. It was a fishing expedition and, unfortunately, they dug deep enough. But something don't seem right as most felons don't have custody of their kids.

Any way, I feel like a bag of dicks for bringing all this up, though I did so based how it was presented to me. And I feel I wasted everyone's time. And, in short, I blew it.

Sorry, all.

ETA: Flame away, I deserve it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:42:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:54:47 AM EDT
[#11]
It is important. Good post.

I hope some of the people that were jumping on you, Shotar, will show some restraint next time until all the facts are laid out.

BTW thanks for not shooting their dogs anyway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top