Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2006 5:58:37 PM EDT
I'm so pissed at Illinois this week.  There is absolutely no hope for this state after what just happened in our primary.  They're about to pass an AWB that will be state-wide, turn-them-in type, etc.  I cannot stay here.  My lease is up in June and I can leave sooner than that if I want.

I work for the US Postal Service, in the maintenance department, so there must be a mail processing facility nearby wherever this place is.

Other than that, it needs to be gun friendly, and somewhere that a normal blue collar person can afford to live.  A warm climate is a plus.  Other than that, I'm not sure where I want to go, but I just can't stand Illinois anymore.

Anyone have any suggestions?  It's such a shame that the politics in this state are so fucked up beacuse of Chicago.  The rest of this state is actually a great place to live.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:00:18 PM EDT
[#1]
If Rod gets elected there will be a statewide AWB.

In two years i am moving to kentucky. So close, yet another world when it comes to politics.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:00:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Oklahoma!!!

All class three is good..........concealed carry.......low cost of living.....hot chicks!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:01:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Come to West Virginia, we're all gun friendly and all of our elected officials have a pro-gun stance
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:03:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Eastern Oregon.

Great Elk/Bear/Deer/Cougar/Antelope/Bighorn Sheep/Mountain Goat/Coyote/varmnt hunting.

Great Steelhead/Salmon fishing.

Mountains, Lots of BLM and forest service land to go shooting.

No Sales Tax

You are allowed to own silencers/nfa weapons.

Shall issue CCW.

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:04:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Oklahoma!!!

All class three is good..........concealed carry.......low cost of living.....hot chicks!

I have visited Oklahoma and I love it.  They're definitely in the consideration.

I like a country atmosphere but I must be near a large city so I can get a job.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:20:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Oklahoma!!!

I have visited Oklahoma and I love it.  They're definitely in the consideration.

I like a country atmosphere but I must be near a large city so I can get a job.

Piedmont-Deer Creek-Edmond  All suburbs w/ good schools, country atmosphere, few undesirables
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:39:15 PM EDT
[#7]
You will soon be worse off than Maryland.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:02:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

GunLvr

Maryland has concealed carry.  Illinois is right denied.  We are already worse off than Maryland.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:03:30 PM EDT
[#9]
TEXAS!  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:18:28 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

GunLvr

Maryland has concealed carry.  Illinois is right denied.  We are already worse off than Maryland.

Only for the well-connected.  The State Police issue CC permits here, and not one but legislators, celebrities, and well-connected lawyers get them.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:23:59 AM EDT
[#11]
They say home is where the heart is!

So get your ass ( which is attached to your heart ) to a gun friendly state!
KY, IN, OH

Move from the Stinkin' Lincoln!!
Sorry but Tarheel is all full
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:34:39 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

GunLvr

Only for the well-connected.  The State Police issue CC permits here, and not one but legislators, celebrities, and well-connected lawyers get them.

And how is Illinois better where NOBODY gets a permit?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:48:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Montana
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:56:19 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Eastern Oregon.

Great Elk/Bear/Deer/Cougar/Antelope/Bighorn Sheep/Mountain Goat/Coyote/varmnt hunting.

No Sales Tax

Shall issue CCW.

*shudders*

Hippies.

Eastern/SE Colorado is always good.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:58:14 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Eastern Oregon.

No Sales Tax

Shall issue CCW.

I'm with you.  Eastern Oregon is a great place.  The only problem is Portland and Eugene dictate the politics of the whole state.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:09:17 AM EDT
[#16]
I would reccomend Texas.

We have plenty of big cities, warm weather (trust me ), concealed carry, beer barns, chicken fried steak, good Mexican food, no gun registration or "assault weapon" laws, NFA friendly, no state income tax, affordable real estate within decent commuting distance of the cities, gun shows, hog hunting, legal lethal force in defence of property, Dr. Pepper made with cane sugar, good fishing, gun racks in pickups, good looking women, big ass bottle rockets and artillery shell fireworks for sale on the holidays, your choice of topless or BYOB all nude strip clubs, the Alamo, and Mrs. Baird's bread.

Oh yeah, and Zieggen Bach beer, brewed and available only in Texas.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:45:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Postal workers and guns.  Is there any better combination?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:51:28 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I would reccomend Texas.

We have plenty of big cities, warm weather (trust me ), concealed carry, beer barns, chicken fried steak, good Mexican food, no gun registration or "assault weapon" laws, NFA friendly, no state income tax, affordable real estate within decent commuting distance of the cities, gun shows, hog hunting, legal lethal force in defence of property, Dr. Pepper made with cane sugar, good fishing, gun racks in pickups, good looking women, big ass bottle rockets and artillery shell fireworks for sale on the holidays, your choice of topless or BYOB all nude strip clubs, the Alamo, and Mrs. Baird's bread.

dude are you employed by the Texas Tourism Dep I am fucking sold !!!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:53:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Gonna make life fun for DSA and Armalite.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:53:51 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Murderers and executions maybe.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:56:26 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

there are plenty of postal workers that hacve not went crazy and shot everyone in the office
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:59:51 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I would reccomend Texas.

dude are you employed by the Texas Tourism Dep I am fucking sold !!!

Nah, just a 5th generation Texan, makes me an ambassador by default.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:06:57 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I would reccomend Texas.

+infinity
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:10:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Zeggin Bach? How bout some Shiner!!!!

TEXAS
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:14:37 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

there are plenty of postal workers that hacve not went crazy and shot everyone in the office

Yep, about 800,000 of us.

I'm a mechanic anyway.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:24:05 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Montana

Actually we are full, sorry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top