Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2006 6:40:59 PM EDT
WTF!  Everything is boneless.  Boneless buffalo wings?  Why bother.  Are we that lazy that we can eat meat the way it was ment to be eaten?  Off the bone?  

Nothing makes me happier then some ribs or half a chicken.  Getting the meat off the bones is half the pleasure.  Same goes for crab legs and shrimp.  

If you dont like bones, you might as well become a vegetarian.

God put meat on bones for a reason!

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:42:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Every time I eat ribs, I get the strong urge to throw the bones over my shoulder onto the floor for the dogs to fight over, pound my fist against the table, and shout "MORE GROG, WENCH!"  

Having said that, I prefer a nice (boneless) New York Strip.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:43:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I like how they call them boneless buffalo wings - especially when they are breast meat.  A proper term would be buffalo style chicken tenders.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:43:50 PM EDT
[#3]
The hot dawg and bologna industries are saddened by your proclamation.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:44:24 PM EDT
[#4]
boneless buffalo wings are nasty
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:44:27 PM EDT
[#5]
She don't like the meat, but she sure likes the bone.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:44:58 PM EDT
[#6]
bones are ok  except for fish, fish bones suck and god gave me skill with a knife for a reason
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:45:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I like how they call them boneless buffalo wings - especially when they are breast meat.  A proper term would be buffalo style chicken tenders.

I noticed that at Applebees.  They were white meat strips.  They had no bones and were not wings.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:46:47 PM EDT
[#8]
When the bones are crunching in my teeth, I imagine that I'm a giant who is eating terrified villagers whole. It makes the meal much more fun.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:46:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Breast meat is no good for that purpose, because it is far too dry.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:47:08 PM EDT
[#10]
A real man eats filet mignon because he is good enough at what he does to afford it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:49:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Chicken fingers are for 8 year old girls.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:51:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
bones are ok  except for fish, fish bones suck and god gave me skill with a knife for a reason

i hate finding a bone in a piece of fish.  it ruins the whole piece for me because then i am ultra cautious of finding more bones
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:54:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Give me whole chicken breast on the grill, ribs, chicken wings, etc.... You are 100% right, girls like boneless meat.

Fish bones suck.

T-bone is the best cut of beef IMO. YMMV.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:56:59 PM EDT
[#14]
yer all making me hungry for ribs.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:00:03 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Every time I eat ribs, I get the strong urge to throw the bones over my shoulder onto the floor for the dogs to fight over, pound my fist against the table, and shout "MORE GROG, WENCH!"  

Having said that, I prefer a nice (boneless) New York Strip.Ribeye

Fixed it for ya!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:02:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks, but I'd rather not pay for something that I can't eat.

You "real men" can have fun sucking on bones, connective tissue, and sinew. I'll pass on that.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:08:01 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

She dont eat meat, but she sure likes the bone...end deadeye dick correction
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:09:02 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
She don't eat meat, but she sure likes the bone.

/Deadeye Dick correction
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:13:02 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i hate finding a bone in a piece of fish.  it ruins the whole piece for me because then i am ultra cautious of finding more bones

Finding unwelcome bones in your favorite fish?       Sorry NT!   I'll make sure I leave before you get home next time!!          
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:39:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Yummm!  Famous Daves ribs with lots of bones.  I also love their corn muffins.  Almost ate a whole slab by myself.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:42:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Gayest thread title of all times.

I'll go "boneless", thank you.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:44:37 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Finding unwelcome bones in your favorite fish?       Sorry NT!   I'll make sure I leave before you get home next time!!          

wait! i dont understand.... what's that mean!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:47:16 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Then why click on it and read it?   Maybe its not the thread thats ghey.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:37:14 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then why click on it and read it?   Maybe its not the thread thats ghey.

I'm sensing hostility. Do you two want to be alone for a while?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:53:39 AM EDT
[#25]
It's a growing industry
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:59:21 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Actually it is " She don't eat meat, but she sure like the bone"

ETA:  Shit, missed all the corrections.  

BONE in ribeye!!!  Harry's Farmers Market 2.26lbs 2 inches thick.  OH YEAH..  sorry no pic, it got deleted
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:02:06 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
It's a growing industry
www.bundlings.com/rich/boneless.jpg

OMG 2 seconds after I thought about searching for this pic I see this.  You have to be fast at arfcom.

My wife has a friend (female) who will not eat any meat if there is a bone.  We went out to dinner once. Her steak was juicy. She said "blood that's it." She lost her appetite and did not eat.  She did take the steak home to 'fully' cook and eat later.

And for my last story I'll recount the TV show about the 'rat catchers of India'.  Not all Indians are vegetarians.  The sight of people cooking rats then eating them like chicken wings had be hunched over the trash can gagging.  I kept down my breakfast but I don't think I ate a chicken wing for 2 months.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:52:46 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm old enough to remember when chicken wings were what you threw away.

Is there even any meat on a chicken wing, or is it all just greasy "buffalo" flavored skin?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:27:52 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
The hot dawg and bologna industries are saddened by your proclamation.

I dont think so....hotdogs and bologna is made out of the same stuff.....i dont know what part of the cow the beef comes from or what part of the pig the pork comes from...but i know for a fact that the "mechanically processed chicken" is nothing more than the chicken frame ground up very very fine. When i say frame i mean the bones and flexible cartiladge thats left after they cut off all the good pieces...lol...working at a meat plant will open your eyes big time
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:57:59 AM EDT
[#30]
In true ARFCOM fashion, I have to say...

I like both!

I love a good filet mignon, but I also like T-Bone, and Porterhouse (my personal favorite, because, it has both...). The best is when one purchases a whole short rib (looks like the Fred Flintstone cut) from the butcher, and you cut the steaks off yourself...

I'm also a fan of buffalo wings, as ARDOC knows, the best are from Mr. Spots in Ann Arbor.

However, sometimes, I want flavor and food, and I don't want to deal with the bones in the wings, so I gotta say...boneless.

We had some boneless chicken at (of all places) Pizza Hut the other night as an appetizer, and their Buffalo style sauce was good.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:32:10 AM EDT
[#31]
eating meat with the bones is like eating corn on the cobb, it tastes better
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:39:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Generally I agree with you. I like pork chops on the bone, Porterhouse steaks, etc BUT I'm about to put a beef brisket on the barbeque and it doesn't have any bones .

Bomber
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:45:29 AM EDT
[#33]
i hate getting bbq chicken that isnt skinless.  i dont mind bones, but the skin has no health benefits, and  definitely has a few negatives.

when i remove the skin, all of the bbq sauce is gone, and its regular chicken.  stupid.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:08:52 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:09:56 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
i hate getting bbq chicken that isnt skinless.  i dont mind bones, but the skin has no health benefits, and  definitely has a few negatives.

when i remove the skin, all of the bbq sauce is gone, and its regular chicken.  stupid.

the skin is the most flavorful part!  forget living longer, live better!  enjoy life while you have it, because you could get hit by a bus tomorrow
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:30:59 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
When the bones are crunching in my teeth, I imagine that I'm a giant who is eating terrified villagers whole. It makes the meal much more fun.

You.......scamp!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:41:11 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
In true ARFCOM fashion, I have to say...

I like both!

I love a good filet mignon, but I also like T-Bone, and Porterhouse (my personal favorite, because, it has both...). The best is when one purchases a whole short rib (looks like the Fred Flintstone cut) from the butcher, and you cut the steaks off yourself...

I'm also a fan of buffalo wings, as ARDOC knows, the best are from Mr. Spots in Ann Arbor.

However, sometimes, I want flavor and food, and I don't want to deal with the bones in the wings, so I gotta say...boneless.

We had some boneless chicken at (of all places) Pizza Hut the other night as an appetizer, and their Buffalo style sauce was good.

Spots!  

I wasted a lot of my tuition money there.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:46:51 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

the skin is the most flavorful part!  forget living longer, live better!  enjoy life while you have it, because you could get hit by a bus tomorrow

Holy shit!  For the first time I actually COMPLETELY agree with something you said.  Very well put.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:00:17 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Holy shit!  For the first time I actually COMPLETELY agree with something you said.  Very well put.

Carpe Diem

No kidding, you dont know when it will end.  I think about it everytime I put money away.  I realize I will most likely never get to see the benefits of saving.  My family will but I will be worm food.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:13:18 PM EDT
[#40]
"I bought my love a chicken, it had no booones.....

Mmmmmm......chiiicken..."

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:24:47 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
WTF!  Everything is boneless.  Boneless buffalo wings?  Why bother.  Are we that lazy that we can eat meat the way it was ment to be eaten? Off the bone?

I prefer boneless pizza and hamburgers, but whatever floats your boat.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:48:05 PM EDT
[#42]
ummmm, chicken pot pie on rice, uuummmm no bones.  

ummmmm, fresh trout from the 'hooch, ummmm lotsa bones.

All good.

Pot pie ready now. Adios arfcom.

rj
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:51:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Meat.....bone.....*snicker*
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:52:53 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Want a free pap?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:55:31 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Want a free pap?

Don't expect me to ask if you want to turn your head and cough.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top