Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2006 12:13:40 PM EDT
Looks like a good show debuting tommorow night, check it out.

military.discovery.com/fansites/gifactory/about/about.html

Kelly Perdew  GI Factory

Premieres Fri, March 24, at 8 p.m. ET/PT

GI Factory takes us inside the fascinating and secretive world of military equipment.  Each episode explores three factories to reveal how they make the gear, vehicles, and weapons America's fighting forces need. In addition to getting deep into the nuts and bolts of the process, host Kelly Perdew (West Point graduate and winner of The Apprentice) will introduce us to the designers who create the product, the engineers who test it before it goes into battle, and the hard-working folks on the factory floor who craft, shape, weld, and hammer raw materials into battle-ready systems. Then he'll field test it himself. Stories include the Abrams battle tank factory in Lima, Ohio; Tempe, Arizona's Armor Works who make body armor for the troops, and FN Manufacturing in Columbia, SC where the legendary M-16 rifles are built.

About the Host: Kelly Perdew

Kelly Perdew is an experienced entrepreneur, having led major negotiations and implemented successful operational strategies at a range of companies. Most recently, Kelly's entrepreneurial skills and strategic thinking abilities were put to the test on the highly acclaimed NBC show, The Apprentice.

Since winning and becoming "The Apprentice," Kelly has been assigned to several high profile projects for the Trump Organization. Prior to that, Kelly held chairman and CEO positions for companies such as www.MotorPride.com, CoreObjects Software, www.eteamz.com and K12 Productions. Kelly was also a strategy manager at Deloitte Consulting and CFO for ImageTel.

Kelly served as a military intelligence officer in the U.S. Army and successfully completed both Airborne and Ranger training. He holds a B.S. degree from the United States Military Academy, West Point, and earned his M.B.A. from The Anderson School at UCLA and his JD from the UCLA School of Law.

Kelly also donates his time as a celebrity spokesperson for Big Brothers/Sisters (www.bbbs.org) and the National Guard Youth Challenge Program (www.ngycp.org).

Kelly has just authored a new book, Take Command: 10 Leadership Principles I Learned in the Military and Put to Work for Donald Trump, which examines the strong connection between military leadership and business success. For more information visit Kelly's website www.kellyperdew.com.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:16:11 PM EDT
[#1]
[Kent Brockman] Men in your town, trained to kill an distroy.  The government calls it the Army.  But we have another name for it.  The killbot factory! [/Kent Brockman]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:17:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I should see if they want to do our company!  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:18:16 PM EDT
[#3]
i want to know how they get the kung-Fu grip.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:20:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm really looking forward to this show. Any show that brings you inside a factory where thousands of government contract M16A2s are being made is worth watching in my book.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top