Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2006 7:50:02 AM EDT
As in Discus Launched Glider?

www.kennedycomposites.com/media/blaster2.wmv

These are a ton of fun, I've been flying a Texas Twister for a few years now and have an Enigma ready to go. Launches on a good ship are in the 100' range, and the launch style takes out the athletic part of the equation-making it a viable form of fun for those who like their twinkies and cheezie-poofs. This kind of flying is a great distraction from everyday flying (or electric pylon racing in my case) and it just requires a park for a flying space. And o waiting for batteries to charge...

The plane in the vid is called a Blaster, I got to see one last year at the Toledo show... Which is coming up again in 2 weeks. Might hafta git one! I mold composite airframes and I wouldn't build one of these for what they ask....
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:58:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Coolio! What are they worth? It's pretty amazing how high that thing goes after being thrown like that!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:00:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Depends on how "contest worthy" they are, and how much work you have to do..... Sorta like all the SIG Whores pay more for a tactical model!

Low end, $80, high end $350. This is the higher end of it. Basically, you drop your radio in it, balance it and go fly. It comes painted in the mold, pre rigged etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top