Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2006 9:02:07 PM EDT
Think some crap is going down soon in Iran and was wondering if any Battlegroups have been moved?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:08:36 PM EDT
[#1]
There is usally one or two tied up to Pier 12 at Norfolk
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:14:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh sure! Let me just post a fleet map for you
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:17:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Well there is usually one steaming donuts in teh I.O. and I was wondering if they moved it...
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:27:48 PM EDT
[#4]
am i the only one that thought this was going to be another bird flu thread?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:41:32 PM EDT
[#5]
What makes you think something is going on?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:42:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

No.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:53:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What makes you think something is going on?

something we don't know about  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:13:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No.  

Exactly.  I was wondering if he wanted chickens,turkey and emu farm locations..
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:24:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Of course I know where they are and I sure ain't gonna tell you.

Haven't looked at it for a while, but the Navy used to have a site that said where most of the ships were, although when at sea they were pretty general, but identified which were in port and where .  Not all that surprising, not easy to hide a Carrier  tied to the local pier.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:00:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Sir, FWIW ship movement times/dates are classified.  However, when I came to work this morning I could see three CVNs at pier 11/12 Norfolk Naval Station.  Additionally, there is one in shipway 11 at the shipyard where I work.  AFAIK CVN-69 is off the east coast cutting donuts in the ocean so the jets at NAS Oceana can practice on the real thing.  HTH, 7zero1.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:38:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Specific dates and times and routes usually are.  But the real time locations often are not.  Like I said classifying the location of something you can see for miles is overkill.  Like before fleet Week in NY you can usually find out who is going to be where.

The closer the ship is to actual operations the more sensitive the information is.  Then again in the good old days when the Soviet AGI was always the turning bouy for the Pearl Harbor channel.

If I happened to be in San Diego and saw the carriers all beat feet away from North Island on a weekday afternoon, I would probably think seriously about heading for Anza-Borrego ASAP. well in the old days when Dago could get nuked, but these days probably not.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:46:33 PM EDT
[#12]
I thought this was about poultry farms.
I have 2 turkey farms within 5 miles of me
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:46:34 PM EDT
[#13]
well half of em are generally in port, rest are general 2 lant 2 pac 1 med 1 indian 1 asia i believe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top