Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2006 9:52:33 AM EDT
I was watching the movie, Cinderella Man.   I was so impressed by the self-reliance and honesty of the Crowe character.  The scene where he makes his son return the stolen salami that would have fed his hungry kids and the scene in which he returned his public assistance money was truly impressive.

If all of us had only half of what Braddock had as a man, there would be less problems in the world.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:55:16 AM EDT
[#1]
It was a very sobbering film to watch. Made me feel guilty for complaining about relatively non-essential things.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:56:18 AM EDT
[#2]
How about the part where he walked into the room with his aquaintences were seated and held his hat out for donations to pay the heat to get his children back....
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:00:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Excellent movie...one of the best we've seen in quite some time.

HH
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:05:13 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
How about the part where he walked into the room with his aquaintences were seated and held his hat out for donations to pay the heat to get his children back....

He promised his kids he wouldnt farm them out.  He had to swallow his pride for his children.  I wish some of patients had that kind of devotion to their children.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:23:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He promised his kids he wouldnt farm them out.  He had to swallow his pride for his children.  I wish some of patients had that kind of devotion to their children.  

That scene made me tear up.

How big would that lump be to swallow?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:38:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Truly, one of the best movies I have ever seen.

Makes a man think.........
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:14:57 PM EDT
[#7]
That was a great movie.

Showed the importance of family and friends.

Another good scene was when his trainer gives him money to train, and Braddock's wife comes to the managers apartment fuirious and yelling about how rich he is, and when he opens the door she sees he sold everything to get the money.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:24:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
That was a great movie.

Showed the importance of family and friends.

Another good scene was when his trainer gives him money to train, and Braddock's wife comes to the managers apartment fuirious and yelling about how rich he is, and when he opens the door she sees he sold everything to get the money.

That was a good scene.  You see them sitting at a card table and 2 folding chairs.  All their furniture has been sold and is gone.  

I wonder if those days will return one day. It scars the hell out of me because I think it can.  I also dont think people will be as clam now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top