Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2006 7:20:36 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:23:11 PM EDT
[#1]
There were about 800 at the Statehouse. Then you always have the dozen or so idiots standing on the corner of High & Broadway here in Columbus EVERY Saturday.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:25:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Last year on the 2nd anniversary there was an anti-war 'protest' here at school, more people showed up to protest the protestors/support the war than the actual anti-war hippies.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:23:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Actually, I disagree concerning your music critique. There is a lot of really good music - both lyrically and musically - from current musicians. They're just not "pop stars", or at least the biggest pop stars, and don't appear to be the type of music you like. Jimmy Eat World and Greenday both have come out with some incredibly songs in the last 5 years (The entire Bleed American album from JEW which plays really well as an album, as well Wake me up when September ends from Greenday), and that's just naming a couple bands. I'm not really all that up to speed with what's going on in the "music world" but I do know that there's good music out there to be had (though most of it isn't "mainstream", being advertised to 15-year-old girls, but to young adults, who are the smaller of the two markets).

Just because you don't like the style doesn't mean that it's not both musically talented and lyrically deep music.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:25:12 PM EDT
[#4]
i'm glad i didnt have to go to campus today.  CNN spoon fed sheep
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:30:40 PM EDT
[#5]
About 2 years ago there was an anti-war protest on the campus I work at. One of our student workers went to check it out he reported back that there was almost no students at the protest. Rather it was several dozen old hippies, you know the same people who were protesting back in the 60's. Afterwards there was an article in the campus paper by some liberal student decrying the fact that activism is almost non-existent here. I hope it stay that way I really hate hippies.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:51:12 PM EDT
[#6]
You know,  we should have at least gotten some good music out of the whole anti-bush ant-war crap. Something that would be a change from the 50 cent crap at lest.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:43:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:48:03 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Actually, I disagree concerning your music critique. There is a lot of really good music - both lyrically and musically - from current musicians. They're just not "pop stars", or at least the biggest pop stars, and don't appear to be the type of music you like. Jimmy Eat World and Greenday both have come out with some incredibly songs in the last 5 years (The entire Bleed American album from JEW which plays really well as an album, as well Wake me up when September ends from Greenday), and that's just naming a couple bands. I'm not really all that up to speed with what's going on in the "music world" but I do know that there's good music out there to be had (though most of it isn't "mainstream", being advertised to 15-year-old girls, but to young adults, who are the smaller of the two markets).

Just because you don't like the style doesn't mean that it's not both musically talented and lyrically deep music.

Give me a break, Greenday has turned into a bunch of radio queens. I'd like to put a boot up Billy Joe's ass.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:52:52 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Give me a break, Greenday has turned into a bunch of radio queens. I'd like to put a boot up Billy Joe's ass.

Has-been radio-homogenized Berkeley leftovers singing in bogus Joe Strummer* accents who wear eyeliner don't exactly sound like courageous fighters for freedom of speech, unless it is the freedom to whine. They were OK ten years ago, but how much more leftist anti-American bilge can they throw at people, in the hope of staying "relevant"? Half the lyrics are understood by almost nobody, and in ten years, once people grow up, nobody will admit they bought "American Idiot."

And of course, Joe Strummer's accent was bogus, too. He was middle class, posing as working class.....
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:06:09 AM EDT
[#10]
I work in downtown Atlanta and have only seen protestors once, outside my building.

As I drove by, I waved, got their attention, gave them the one finger salute and yelled out to them:

F*ck You, Stinkin' Hippies!!

Was fun watching their faces turn from glee (they thought I was one of them when I honked) to a little sadness .

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top