Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2006 8:26:56 AM EDT
  Since I went to boot camp 19 yrs ago, I hardly ever remember my dreams...when I do, they are usually traumatic.......well, I remember last night's dream, and can't stop thinking about it....here's what happened......

Some crazy SHTF, I'm not sure if it was a domestic breakdown, or some one invaded us......Me and several  other armed Patriots were defending a schoolhouse form the second or third floor.......the school was on a corner of two main roads, and we were looking for the "enemy".....suddenly, from a building across the street, they come pouring out......like they went in the back door and came out the front......so we're blasting them, their dropping, we're taking rounds, but we have good cover being in a brick building, and we're higher up....and then......I RUN OUT OF AMMO..........I get back from the window, and start looking for more......but all I can find is boxes of pens, and chalk and paper, and spoons.......I'm like "ARRRRRGHHH"......then I woke up.....

Now I know I've been spending too much time in these threads ...........but I have to go out and get MORE AMMO.......I have to travel to get it, because yesterday, I bought out my local WalMart of WWB.223..........It was just a crazy dream...........thought I'd share.....
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:28:48 AM EDT
[#1]
They mean your brain is semi-kind-of replaying past experiences in an altered fashion while in a REM-sleep state.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:28:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Nothing. Just the manifestation of physical happenings or desires.

Of course, Im talking out of my ass. I rarely remember a dream, so I put no stock in them whatsoever.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:31:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Not much, if it means anything at all its only because someone has interpreted (IE madeup) what they mean. Psychologists know very little about dreams and what they mean, though Frued's theory is that its an outlet for yall your subconscious desires.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:32:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I think they mean that your are sleeping.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:34:35 AM EDT
[#5]
DIAGNOSIS: Ammo anxiety brought on by the Wal Mart WWB problem.

CURE:  Order yourself two cases of loose pack milsurp and spend a couple of days of QC looking for corroded cases.

By the way, have you had a job change or promotion lately?  Newly married or recently born offspring?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:35:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Does anybody really know for sure?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:49:15 AM EDT
[#7]
You're afraid of becoming impotent.

Dreams mean little if you ask me. Sometimes a reflection of subconcious fears/concerns, most are just brain trash.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:05:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Horders of kids are descending upon you and you've no lesson plan but you've plenty of crayons, chalk and erasers.  You're a bad teacher too.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:09:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Its just a vision from a past life..
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:11:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:40:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Definitely ammo-anxiety. With Wal Mart sold out, where will the next batch of WWB.223 come from?

At least you didn't unfold all the laundry in your sleep like I did recently.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:41:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Dreams mean youre asleep.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:57:58 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Its just a vision from a past life..

I sometimes like to think that.

Sounds damn cool.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:05:32 PM EDT
[#14]
When I dream of water on the floor it usually means it's time to get up and take a leak....
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:34:25 PM EDT
[#15]

.... they went in the back door ....

...I'm like "ARRRRRGHHH"....

It means you are gay!

Sorry.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:40:34 PM EDT
[#16]
dreams don't mean anything, except that you were probably thinking about the same topic recently.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:42:15 PM EDT
[#17]
I doubt they "mean" anything as they are limited by a persons intellectual capacity.

If you are dumb as a stick I'm sure your dreams aren't very remarkable either.

I think it is just what the mind does when it gets bored while you are sleeping.

I used to think they "meant" something until I started lucid dreaming. I noticed even when I controlled and dictated my dreams, if I just let them go for a little bit, it would be some stupid goofy shit.

Sure some dreams, as some waking thoughts, have meaning but mostly it is just your mind goofing off as usual.

If I don't take my dreams in a specific direction my mind (left to it's own devices) will come up with some weird shit.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:44:18 PM EDT
[#18]
It means you need to learn how to use a spoon as a weapon.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:54:46 PM EDT
[#19]
I have dreams, Dreams of things I will never Know of had some Nightmares too,Fish Hooks and Needles piercing my entire body woke up in a Cold Sweat and nobody to hold onto,Hiwathl
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:03:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:34:24 PM EDT
[#21]
You feel you are unprepared.
Spend more time in the SF.
Buy more ammo.
You'll feel better.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:40:49 PM EDT
[#22]
They mean something, I know that for sure.  I have a recurring dream that is always the same..  I am 35 years old, living at home, mom still alive, I am still in HS although I graduated on time and have a diploma.  Parents force me to school everyday.  I hate it.  I tell them I am done with HS since I am older than some of the students.  Then the school says that I didnt have enough credits in English that is why I have to keep going to school.  The dream ends with me walking out after showing my diploma and telling my parents that they can shove it..  And then I have the one where I forget my locker combo.  Or the one where I forget where my locker is located.  All dreams about HS.

Occasionally I'll have a shitty dream about an ex GF.  Ususllay one I dated years ago that broke my heart.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:46:02 PM EDT
[#23]
I had one a couple of weeks ago that really stuck with me.

I was Marine in Iraq, walking down this road with my fireteam, and some insurgents from down the street abit start shooting at us, we take cover and return fire, Iam behide a short wall on a set of steps in front of a building, I the ensuing firefight I runny out of ammo, a yell to my buddy and he throws me a empty mag, I was like "what the hell?" then like "well, fuck it" get out my M9 and procedd to get up and go after the Insurgents, about the time the I stand up and the insurgents see me start to come towrd them I wake up.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:26:39 PM EDT
[#24]
I've had some interesting ones 4 gun related ones come to mind:

Dream 1:

I'm standing on my front porch, and I see a large group of punks "dissadvantaged urban youths", walking around the corner on the other side of the street comeing my way, I'm watching them, and when there directly accross from me they throw about 4 or 5 molotov cocktales at me in unisson, they land on the porch but don't explode, I'm running around trying to kick them off the porch before they blow up, but when I get to the last one it wont budge, I kick at it, and it won't move, it finnaly starts to move, and just as it gets to the edge of the porch it explodes, splashing me with burning gas, I wiped it off, it felt kind of like heart burn. I run inside, and look in the bathroom mirror, and my face is kindof red, but otherwise theres no damage, then I run into my room to get a rifle to return fire.  The rifles in my dream were aranged exactly as they were in real life, and at that time my most accessable rifle that had a loaded magazine in it was a Romanian M-69 trainer (5 shot .22 long bolt action....), I'm in a hurry so I grab it, and run back to the porch.  There still moveing (calmly walking like before....), and are a bit farther down the street (subdivision 50's style levitt town....) then they were before, at maybe slightly less than 45 degrees to me, I shoulder the rifle, and fire into the crowd (I hadn't fired this rifle yet in real life....) I hit one of them in the shoulder I think, he breaks off from the crowd, and comes twards me, I cycle the bolt, and fire again, but it's a dud, he's at the porch now, I cycle the bolt, and fire again, another dud, hes through my door, and I'm backing up into the liveing room, I cycle the bolt, and fire again, another dud, hes about halfway accross the room now, right on top of me the rifle is about level with my stomach, and the muzzle is pressed into his chest, I cycle the bolt, and fire again, yet another dud, I'm at the hall way now, pushing him back with the muzzle of my rifle, while I cycle the bolt, and fire, you guessed it another dud, the rifle is now empty.  I keep backing up, pushing him with the muzzle, thinking I have to get to my room for another rifle, I give him a hard shove, and run down the hall with him chaseing me, I go through my door, slam it shut behind me, through the M-69 on the bed, and run for another rifle, I pick up the K-31, cycle the bolt to chamber a round, and run back to the door just in time for him to burst through, I fire a round point blank into his chest, and it went through him, and hit the wall behind him, he stumbles back but is still comeing, I cycle the bolt, and put another round point blank into his chest with the same result, I pump another round into his chest, and he turns, and runs back down the hall twards the liveing room, I cycle the bolt, and shoot him again right between the shoulder blades, that worked he staggered, stumbled, and fell face down infront of the TV in the liveing room, I'm pissed, I cycle the bolt, walk up to him, press the muzzle into the back of his head, and fire again, after all the way this guy fought he might get back up....  I cycle the bolt, stand there for a second, and think that I'de better see were all those bullets went, I walk down the hall, look at the blood splattered bullet ridden wall, and nirvesly look at the other side of the wall, to my relief non of the bullets penetrated all 3 are still in the wall, so then I go back out to the liveing room look at the body infront of my TV,  and think, oh shit how am I going to explain that coup de gras to the police, and I start wishing I hadn't have done that as I start running possible excuses through my head, then I think that I'de better go see where that round went, so I lift up his head to see a tiny 30 caliber hole with singed edges through the throw rug below (there was a curiouse total lack of blood from the head wound, non on his head, and non on the carpet....), indicated that the bullet had gone into the basement, then I started thinking that I hoped it didn't hit the washer dryer, or water heater, which were roughly directly below, but before I could check to see where it went, I thought that I'd better see if theres any more of them, so I go back out to the porch just in time to see them rounding the corner again, they must have gone completely around the block, they were still walking calmly, I brought the rifle to my shoulder, but before I could fire, they threw another volly of molotov cocktales, these ones exploded on impact, and spashed me again, I wiped it off my face again getting the same kind of heart burn feeling as before, except this time it feels like some skin is going with it, but it feels kind of like that crusty stuff on the outside of a roasted marshmallow thats slideing off my face, my eyes sting to, but one again there doesn't appear to be any actual damage, so I shoulder my rifle, and fire the last shot into the crowd, one of them is hit, and goes down, I run back inside for another rifle....

The dream starts to get fuzzy here....

....I grab an Ishapore Number 1 Mark 3 wire wrapped Lee Enfield, and run back out to the porch....

Fuzzy again....

....I run out of ammunition, and run back in for another rifle, I'm out of rifles with loaded magazines so I uncase my Yugoslavian M-59/66 SKS, a loaded ammunition pouch with 100 rounds of full metal jacket on 10 round stripper clips, and two stripper clips full of soft points, I load one of the strippers of soft points....

Fuzzy....

....I run out of ammunition, and go back in for the other stripper clip of soft points....

Fuzzy again....

....I run out of ammo, and run in for more ammo, I open the ammunition pounch, and take out a stripper clip....

It gets fuzzy again, but I return a number of times for more ammo....

....I look down at the porch at the pile of empty 7.62x39 shell caseings on the porch, and on the ground, and think I've been busy....

It gets fuzzy but the fight rages all day, there group gets smaller with each pass they make constantly slowly walking around the block occassionaly throwing molotov cocktales, it's like my own private shooting gallery, finnaly the last of the group charges me, over runs my position, and the fight moves inside, eventually to the basement....

....I'm hideing behind a box with the SKS, and the magazine pouch with the last couple of stripper clips in it, fighting a pop up gun battle with a couple of them who are hideing behind boxes on the other side of the room, they are now shooting back....

More fuzz....

....Theres only one left in the basement I fire my last couple of shots but miss, I'm now completely out of ammunition, the only ammo left in the house is maybe one round of 7.5mm Swiss for the K-31 that I think is rolling around on my computer desk somewhere, and I'm trying to remember where, and a box of 545 .22 Long Federal hollow Point ammunition for the M-69 that I have no confidence in at this point I cant get to any of it right now though, so I flip out the bayonet on the SKS, and charge him, I skewer him....

It's fuzzy here again, I get into hand to hand combat (with the bayonet....) with the rest of them, finnaly it's down to one, it's pitch black I cant even see my hand infront of my face, I know he's nearby, and I'm stabbing blindly into the dark, I think the fight moves outside at some point....

....I think he's in front of me somewhere, I'm stabbing blindly into the dark, and keep hitting something hard, a wall, the side of the house I think, finnaly I hit something soft, I got him....  It's the next day it's fuzzy but I'm walking around looking at the aftermath, running the last day through my head, and generaly admireing my handy work, at some point I get to the driveway, and look at the side of the house this must be where I fought the last guy because theres a body here, and a crater is worn into the brick wall from repeated bayonet strikes, then I see aparently in my head terrorists with AK-47's landing at the airport, and I just remember thinking that I've got alot of work to do, and I come to the realization that the punks were working for the terrorists as some kind of first wave, and I wonder how many other groups that there were....

Dream 2:

This one is fuzzy but I'm sitting at home, and I remember that the Dunhams store is going out of bussinness, and I wonder what they have on sale, so I go up there to look, unfortunetly they are about wiped out but they have a couple of things they didn't have before one M-1941 Johnson, which I had to climb a ladder to get, it was sportorized though with a cutdown barrel, and there was at least one M-1 Garand I looked at it, but the bore was completely smooth, with just a couple of inches of faint rifleg visible near the center of the bore on one side, the rest were like 11 K-31's, and I think some other stuff, I asked how much, and the prices were insanely cheap, I don't recall how much but I worked out that I could eighther buy the 11 K-31's, and the other stuff, or the M1 Garand, at the time I didn't have a Garand, and really wanted one so it was a touch choice, I finnaly deside on the 11 K-31's, and the other stuff, but just as I started to fill out the stack of 4473's my alarm went off....

Dream 3:

It's another fuzzy one, but I'm at K-Mart, at the gun counter, and I'm amazed to see that they have millitary surplus rifles now, not only that but 2 full counters of them, plus 2 end caps, some at least 2 deep, I start looking at everything some of it's pretty rare stuff, and some I haven't even seen before, and one of the things I noticed was SVT-40's, what was unusual though, was that they were at least 5 feet tall....

Dream 4:

This is just a fuzzy fragment of a dream, something major has happened SHTF, but the feeling I got was more like TEOTWAWKI, it's unclear but I think that we were under attack by someone, and they were getting closer, I was in my liveing room arming my nieghbors, I'm pulling guns, and ammo from a box I hand a rifle to each person, and some ammo to go with it, and I think I may have given them a brief description of how to use them, some rifles I had ammo for, and some I didn't, the ones that I didn't I said so, and set them asside, one of the ones that I said I didn't have ammo for that I remember looked really neat, then I woke up, and the first thing I did was go to my guns, because I wanted to fondle that neat one from my dream, then I remembered that it was a dream, and that I didn't actually have that one yet....  Furthermore I had never seen a rifle like that before, and just chalked it up to my imageination, a few months later though I'm going through my collection, and notice something I recognised but didn't notice before, it was a rifle that I had picked up a month, or two back it was an Ishapore Number 1 Mark 3 wire wrapped Lee Enfield.... it was the mystery rifle from my dream.... At the time of my dream I didn't have one, and had never heared of, or seen one before that I know of....  Annother thing that struck me about that dream was how REAL that dream felt it was spooky....  I keep a couple of boxes of .303 British around now....

Cue the X Files Theme....
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:08:48 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
  Since I went to boot camp 19 yrs ago, I hardly ever remember my dreams...when I do, they are usually traumatic.......well, I remember last night's dream, and can't stop thinking about it....here's what happened......

Some crazy SHTF, I'm not sure if it was a domestic breakdown, or some one invaded us......Me and several  other armed Patriots were defending a schoolhouse form the second or third floor.......the school was on a corner of two main roads, and we were looking for the "enemy".....suddenly, from a building across the street, they come pouring out......like they went in the back door and came out the front......so we're blasting them, their dropping, we're taking rounds, but we have good cover being in a brick building, and we're higher up....and then......I RUN OUT OF AMMO..........I get back from the window, and start looking for more......but all I can find is boxes of pens, and chalk and paper, and spoons.......I'm like "ARRRRRGHHH"......then I woke up.....

Now I know I've been spending too much time in these threads ...........but I have to go out and get MORE AMMO.......I have to travel to get it, because yesterday, I bought out my local WalMart of WWB.223..........It was just a crazy dream...........thought I'd share.....

Inpotence?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:58:10 AM EDT
[#26]
It simply means that you need to buy more ammo.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:16:42 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I'm one of those guys who thinks dreams are a window into what you're really thinking about.  I often dream that my teeth are all falling out.  Little suprise, I haven't seen a dentist in years, have a cavity and am worried about gingervitis (though I brush and floss).  I constantly dream about women, but not purely sexually (granted, as a man it's a large component) but mostly relationshipally.  Why?  I'm fucking lonely.  I think it's little wonder that many of those on this site have dreams about their state of preparedness or that they will flinch in the face of the things we concern ourselves with on this site.

As to how you can better remember your dreams...
Tomorrow (as I'm sure you've gone to bed already and I missed you on this) place a notepad and a pen next to your bed.  Whenever you wake up (be it when your alarm clock goes off or if you wake up at 3am to take a piss) write down what you've dreamt.  There IS something to write down, but if you wait until after you take a shower or till after you have your coffee it will be gone.  Expect that early on you'll only recall one, maybe two dreams a night.  After a couple of days or weeks CONSISTENTLY recording your dreams you'll notice that your dream recall becomes better.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:36:05 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Inpotence?

Holy shit, , NO....thank god....not yet anyways........
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:38:15 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

definitely......my wife is already asking me why I need the 700 rounds I have now........I said "Shit, honey, what are you going to say when I have 7,000 rounds?"........actually, what I have now is for the next trip to the range.......
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:48:01 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

definitely......my wife is already asking me why I need the 700 rounds I have now........I said "Shit, honey, what are you going to say when I have 7,000 rounds?"........actually, what I have now is for the next trip to the range.......

When my wife realized I had over 7000 rounds (in one caliber alone) she just rolled her eyes.

Then I think she bought some more shoes.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:18:07 PM EDT
[#31]

I have this recurring dream where I'm walking around an old shipyard.  There's dozens of warships there of all different nations, but they're all old (cold war era) and rusting.  Some are sinking at their moorings.  Sometimes there's a section of the shipyard where old nuke boats are kept.  And I'm (justifiably) scared to go near them as there's even signs warning of radiation hazards.  The shipyard in general is very "compact" with ships close to each other.  I'm usually the only living creature in the shipyard.  I get this dream usually about once every couple of months and it has been recurring for at least 10 years or so.

I've never found any sort of explanation as to why this particular dream should constantly recur.

Only gun-related dreams I get usually involve me acquiring firearms from somewhere, but I'm unable to get ammunition.  When I do get ammunition it is of very poor quality (rusty, falling apart, poorly loaded).
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:47:26 PM EDT
[#32]
I have a very strange recurring dream.

Ever since 2001, about once every 4-6 months, the dream starts the same way: I wake up in my room, laying around, the sun warm on my face. I am comfortable, and think that this is going to be a great day. As soon as the thought crosses my mind, I sit bolt upright. Things kind of fade out/jumble out, like my mind is searching for the next scene.

Then, I am standing in the roadin front of my house, but instead of the normal green vegetation, the sun is BEATING down brightly, almost white, and the lawns are burnt brown and the trees are stick-like. All the houses look long abandoned, and I know in the depths of my heart that I am alone. The scene jumbles again.

I am walking now, and know that while I am alone, there are things in the darkness that wat to kill me. Worse than that, is the feeling that I am going somewhere to protect something/someone, but the things in the shadows, I *know* want to get there first and take that last thing from me. The scene shifts.

I am standing far down the road from before, as it cuts through a sun-burnt meadow, now cracked like dry bristles. An old man stands in the distance, he looks older than Time.  I walk to meet him, but his hobbled steps approach and match mine two for one. Within minutes he is in front of me.

The old man looks like no one I can remember, but in my heart I know this man is my grandfather, or great grandfather, or some other long-past ancestor. He just looks at me, with the saddest eyes in the world, and whispers, "I wouldn't wish this on anyone; and you the last."

In his hands he holds an outstretched Colt Navy (or Army, I suppose) revolver in his hands. One of the confederate styled models with brass frame showing an ancient patina, and worn old grips with the finish long missing. I greedily accept it, because in the depths of my mind, I have been aching for one of my weapons to defend myself from the creatures in the darkness, and because this big old gun has presented itself, the fear inside of me is stayed. The scene fades, jumps or whatever one last time...

The old man is long gone, and I am again walking down the road, a wet cloth tied around my head and neck to keep the impossibly white-hot sun off my skin. All around me are signs of civilization many years gone, yet in my mind it was only there a night before. I am very tired, and seek shade in a ruined barn I often pass on my way to school. I close my eyes, my head hurts so bad, and a few minutes of rest is in order. As i sit there resting, words repeat in my head like leaves rattling in the wind. It is the voice of the old man, "...and you the last."

I wake up and it gives me the same chill after all these years. I don't know what it means, but it makes me want to buy an 1851
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:08:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Most of my recurring dreams involve Lindsay Lohan.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top