Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2006 9:22:07 PM EDT
So I was at the uniform shop getting some alterations done and I decided to kill some time and rent a P239 to see how I like it cause I'm thinking about buying one (can you guess which store I was at!!!).  So into the range I go and the first person I come across is shooting in some wierd mutated Weaver/isoscoles/FBI/super-ninja stance that looked painfully uncomfortable.  I moved down a little further as I was afraid he was eventually going to pass out from the unatural position and have a negligent discharge and wound me.  Then there were the wanna-be black gangsters with the Glock "foty" and the ass-cracks showing.  This was after signing in and hearing the uber-tactical counter chick wearing out her pie-hole educating a customer about laser sights and how they just transmit your position and she will shoot you dead in .00000000003 seconds after picking up your laser on her radar (she really f-ing scares me.....no, really).  I don't know how I shot such good groups as I was cringing the whole time just thinking about what a dangerous position I had put myself in being surrounded by such retards and all.  

I really love just heading out into the desert and being free to shoot at what I want to, set up multiple targets and blast cans and what-not (and, yes, I pick up all my trash)  

I don't think I will be going to another indoor range
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:26:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Fo schizzll. Iys Gots yo Back Bro wit ma 9M&M
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:34:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Fo schizzll. Iys Gots yo Back Bro wit ma 9M&M

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:35:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I try to avoid indoor ranges too.
They draw a dumbass crowd.
Can't wait til I'm out West with plenty of desert.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:38:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I hate a

MALL NINJA
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:40:24 PM EDT
[#5]
No thanks on the indoor ranges for me, I'll stick to  shooting outside
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:55:25 PM EDT
[#6]

But look at the bright side, you can get lead poisoning while you're there too!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:57:39 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
But look at the bright side, you can get lead poisoning while you're there too!

Thanks....almost forgot about that one!!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:00:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I was shooting at a range and the dude next to me was shooting a 45.  A case came over and burnt the hell out of my arm.  I was not happy.  It had a really weird ejection pattern, one that just looped it over the partion and hit me everytime.  I had to move.  I still have a scar.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:00:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I've seen some wanna-be gangstas holding/shooting their guns sideways at my indoor range.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:02:41 AM EDT
[#10]
So beamz are bad?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:08:20 AM EDT
[#11]
So,  did you like the P239?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:14:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Absolutely...I figured I would.  I have had a 226 since 1988 and every Sig I have ever picked up seems so natural.  I have rented Glocks, shot Hi powers and even bought an XD9, but they never felt like a sig.  My Sig eats everything I have ever fed it and seems so smooth.  Just my opinion!  I am getting a 239 soon!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:26:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Oh, and I forgot to mention the "firearms instructor" that came in wearing a full-on tactical "uniform" complete with body armor!!!!!!!!!!!!!  WTF?  His shirt was all embroidered up advertising who he is.  I do give him a little credit for not having a badge displayed on his belt!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:34:19 PM EDT
[#14]
I be hazzin azz much ritee ta be shootin ma DEAGLE wif BEAMZ az yo , homie !
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:38:39 PM EDT
[#15]
my range is nice. so is pie.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:45:18 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Oh, and I forgot to mention the "firearms instructor" that came in wearing a full-on tactical "uniform" complete with body armor!!!!!!!!!!!!!  WTF?  His shirt was all embroidered up advertising who he is.  I do give him a little credit for not having a badge displayed on his belt!

IF you visited the place often, given what you have said about the other shooters, Body armour is not a stupid idea.... Maybe even a full Bomb suit with helmet....

www.rusmilitary.com/html/maska_helmet.htm
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:49:34 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IF you visited the place often, given what you have said about the other shooters, Body armour is not a stupid idea.... Maybe even a full Bomb suit with helmet....

www.rusmilitary.com/images/maska_helmet.jpg

For inside the range it would be a wise move.  I thought it was hilarius because he strolled into the shop for whatever reason and then soon left to go back out in public dressed like that
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:58:59 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.rusmilitary.com/images/maska_helmet.jpg

For inside the range it would be a wise move.  I thought it was hilarius because he strolled into the shop for whatever reason and then soon left to go back out in public dressed like that

There are some strange people out there.....
An IPSC club I belong to has a guy who regularly turns up in the full all black Mall Ninja gear. Strange guy to talk to, but harmless enough.  Need to keep a bit of an eye on him, as he tends to forget the finer points of safety sometimes.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:02:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Last week some guy came in next to me shooting a .50Mag revolver (that's what he said it was.)
The concussion was so great I could feel the pressure on my chest and my groups went to crap.
Made for some realistic stress shooting.  Good thing is he obviously could only afford one box
of ammo and left but not before giving me one heluva headache.

Today my experience was much better.  I asked a guy a I had seen in there before practicing
for matches if he had any tips to help me get my flinch under control.  He wound up giving me
plenty of training and even had me using one of his guns to do drills with.  Found out he is a
local LEO, pretty cool guy, we BS'd more than we shot.   I might wind up helping him with some PT
since he said that was the only area he had a problem with for his SWAT tryout.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:45:58 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I was shooting at a range and the dude next to me was shooting a 45.  A case came over and burnt the hell out of my arm.  I was not happy.  It had a really weird ejection pattern, one that just looped it over the partion and hit me everytime.  I had to move.  I still have a scar.

I was shooting at an indoor range today, and twice the hot empties from my 1911 bounced off the partition and down the back of my shirt.  Left a nice blister.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:53:09 PM EDT
[#21]
The only thing that I hate about indoor ranges is the people who poke their head around the partition to let me know my cases are landing on them. Too bad so sad. I actually like when cases come into my lane.  Can I still get good groups with that distration? In a real world situation you cant change the conditions, you have to just react. I remember one guys gun bounced his cases off my ear protection every time. Fun shit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top