BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/16/2006 8:15:51 PM EDT
Let the sellout begin...

Senators near compromise on immigration reform

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Under pressure to produce broad immigration reform legislation by the end of the month, a U.S. Senate panel on Thursday neared agreement on a proposal that would give some of the 12 million illegal aliens living in the country an opportunity to earn citizenship.

Although no vote will be held until after a weeklong congressional recess, the Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday appeared ready to back a proposal by panel member Sen. Edward Kennedy, a Massachusetts Democrat, who has worked on the issue with his Republican colleague John McCain of Arizona.

The panel, which is working on comprehensive immigration and border security legislation, will also consider a related proposal that would allow foreigners to enter the United States as legal guest workers and then have a chance to earn permanent status.

Republicans are divided over immigration policy, and the Judiciary Committee plan is likely to spark a firestorm from conservatives who oppose regularizing the status of illegal immigrants, saying they would be rewarded after breaking U.S. immigration law.

But backers cite both economic and security reasons. They say that providing a path to permanent residency and eventual citizenship will avoid creating a permanent underclass of workers and help bring illegals aliens out of the shadows.

Sen. Charles Grassley, an Iowa Republican who opposes giving permanent status to illegals, said after the meeting that the panel would probably vote for the Kennedy plan.

"The votes are there," Grassley said.

NO AMNESTY

Kennedy told the committee the proposal was not an amnesty. People seeking legal status would have to pay a $2,000 fine, apply for a six-year temporary status, have a job, pay taxes, learn English and show an understanding of U.S. government.

They would not get permanent status faster than the three million foreigners awaiting legal entry, he said.

"There is no moving to the front of the line, there is no free ticket," Kennedy said. "This is not amnesty."

Sen. Lindsey Graham, a South Carolina Republican, quipped that the requirements "probably exclude half of my family."

The panel also reached tentative agreement on a guest worker program sought by President George W. Bush has said he wants. A compromise struck between Kennedy and Sen. John Cornyn, a Texas Republican, would give future temporary workers an opportunity to seek permanent status after four years.

U.S. business groups favor creating a temporary worker program to help fill jobs that Americans either cannot or will not do. Both business and labor groups also favor giving current undocumented workers a way to legalize their status.

Committee members said details would be worked out during the recess.

The panel is working against a deadline set by Majority Leader Bill Frist. The Tennessee Republican, and possible contender in the 2008 presidential race, wants the Senate to take up a bill addressing only enforcement and border security. He threatened to do that on March 27 if the Judiciary Committee failed to reach agreement on comprehensive legislation.

Whether Congress will finalize immigration legislation before the November congressional elections is unclear. Both Democrats and Republicans are likely to use the issue to gain advantage.

The House of Representatives has voted for tough border security and enforcement legislation with no guest worker program. The two sides would have to work out their differences before a bill could be sent to Bush for his signature.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:19:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:20:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Our country is doomed as both parties are racing to pander to people who break our laws.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:20:34 PM EDT
[#3]
FYI the House plan included NO SUCH THING.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:21:33 PM EDT
[#4]
This is such BS.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:21:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't even know what I could say that wouldn't get me booted from the site, the Feds kicking my door down and my dog getting shot.

That about sums it all up for me.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:22:16 PM EDT
[#6]
VIVA EL PRESIDENTE JORGE BUSH !!!!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:24:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

And the Song Remains the Same.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:27:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:29:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:31:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey fellow Republicans, allow me to paraphrase Lieutenant Jon Kavanaugh from the last episode of The Shield:

"He's pissing on you. How does it taste, cause I'll tell you how it tastes to me... LIKE PISS!!!"

BTW, I fully expect all the dick licking GWB sycophants on this site (you know who you are & so do the rest of us) to conviently ignore this topic.

Funny how that works...
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:33:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
www.david-sadler.org/image/people/bushw/bush_fox.gif

+1

You want to know why they are doing this? It is because which ever party pushes this through the door has a free 12 million votes come the next election, and nobody cares if it is in the best interest of the country or not.

If I would be able to find a better job in say, Mexico or Canada, than I could here, I would enter either country illegally if I had to; however, I would not expect my new country to allow me to become a citizen.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:34:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

And I'll bet some don't think this cartoon is accurate......
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:41:30 PM EDT
[#13]
DEPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:42:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Let the sellout begin...

Senators near compromise on immigration reform

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Under pressure to produce broad immigration reform legislation by the end of the month, a U.S. Senate panel on Thursday neared agreement on a proposal that would give some of the 12 million illegal aliens living in the country an opportunity to earn citizenship.

Although no vote will be held until after a weeklong congressional recess, the Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday appeared ready to back a proposal by panel member Sen. Edward Kennedy, a Massachusetts Democrat, who has worked on the issue with his Republican colleague John McCain of Arizona.

The panel, which is working on comprehensive immigration and border security legislation, will also consider a related proposal that would allow foreigners to enter the United States as legal guest workers and then have a chance to earn permanent status.

Republicans are divided over immigration policy, and the Judiciary Committee plan is likely to spark a firestorm from conservatives who oppose regularizing the status of illegal immigrants, saying they would be rewarded after breaking U.S. immigration law.

But backers cite both economic and security reasons. They say that providing a path to permanent residency and eventual citizenship will avoid creating a permanent underclass of workers and help bring illegals aliens out of the shadows.

Sen. Charles Grassley, an Iowa Republican who opposes giving permanent status to illegals, said after the meeting that the panel would probably vote for the Kennedy plan.

"The votes are there," Grassley said.

NO AMNESTY

Kennedy told the committee the proposal was not an amnesty. People seeking legal status would have to pay a $2,000 fine, apply for a six-year temporary status, have a job, pay taxes, learn English and show an understanding of U.S. government.

They would not get permanent status faster than the three million foreigners awaiting legal entry, he said.

"There is no moving to the front of the line, there is no free ticket," Kennedy said. "This is not amnesty."

Sen. Lindsey Graham, a South Carolina Republican, quipped that the requirements "probably exclude half of my family."

The panel also reached tentative agreement on a guest worker program sought by President George W. Bush has said he wants. A compromise struck between Kennedy and Sen. John Cornyn, a Texas Republican, would give future temporary workers an opportunity to seek permanent status after four years.

U.S. business groups favor creating a temporary worker program to help fill jobs that Americans either cannot or will not do. Both business and labor groups also favor giving current undocumented workers a way to legalize their status.

Committee members said details would be worked out during the recess.

The panel is working against a deadline set by Majority Leader Bill Frist. The Tennessee Republican, and possible contender in the 2008 presidential race, wants the Senate to take up a bill addressing only enforcement and border security. He threatened to do that on March 27 if the Judiciary Committee failed to reach agreement on comprehensive legislation.

Whether Congress will finalize immigration legislation before the November congressional elections is unclear. Both Democrats and Republicans are likely to use the issue to gain advantage.

The House of Representatives has voted for tough border security and enforcement legislation with no guest worker program. The two sides would have to work out their differences before a bill could be sent to Bush for his signature.

And where do these illegals live that allows them to do jobs that americans CAN'T do?  Is it never-never land?  Is it a magic place where only illegals can find shitty homes to live in yet American poor can not?  Every American must be eating well and have a satisfying job that pays them great sums of cash since they WON'T do these jobs.

Fucking cocksucking, cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life,
snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking,
dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed,
stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit, jackass politicians.  

Holy shit!  Where's the asprine?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:44:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Like I said the House has refused so far an amnesty
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:46:41 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
U.S. business groups favor creating a temporary worker program to help fill jobs perform the gang rapes that Americans either cannot or will not do.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:50:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Once again our politicians sell the American People down the drain. FUCKERS
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:52:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:58:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Where's LARRYG, Lord_Grey_Boots, Absolut, etc.???

Don't they want to comment?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:13:15 PM EDT
[#20]
If that passes the border will be bumrushed and the "tourists" will fill up those incoming flights. I give up!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:15:05 PM EDT
[#21]
It's simple really.  If sufficient numbers break the law, the law gets sh!t-canned & the violators get a pass.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:17:36 PM EDT
[#22]
 edit .........................ah fuck it
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:19:30 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

The Republicans in the House have not proposed an amnesty
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:00:03 PM EDT
[#24]
What the fuck?
*smacks jukebox*
I put a fucking quarter in cause I wanted to hear a new song!
Where the hell is the song I asked for!

When will this song change???
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:03:41 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I love it.  

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:07:28 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
It's simple really.  If sufficient numbers break the law, the law gets sh!t-canned & the violators get a pass.

Can gun owners use this to our advantage? Perhaps everybody could come out to the ranges with select-fire unregistered ARs and AKs, and just 'cause there'd be millions of us the lawmakers would leave us alone, right?

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:12:30 PM EDT
[#27]
If the bill included an ironclad provision for building a wall I would support it.  You really think there is any way on God's green earth you are going to deport all the illegals already here?  It's never going to happen, especially when the Republicans pander to the hispanic vote even more than the dummocrats.  We pretty much have to swallow the bitter pill over what happens with the current intelopers, but we absolutely have to stem the tide of the massive arterial hemmorage in our southern border. Yes, I know it's an unpopular opinion, and you will rant and rave and foam at the mouth, but you won't affect the impending "amnesty" one damn bit, and you know it.  

Build the damn wall already!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:30:04 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Hey fellow Republicans, allow me to paraphrase Lieutenant Jon Kavanaugh from the last episode of The Shield:

"He's pissing on you. How does it taste, cause I'll tell you how it tastes to me... LIKE PISS!!!"

BTW, I fully expect all the dick licking GWB sycophants on this site (you know who you are & so do the rest of us) to conviently ignore this topic.

Funny how that works...

I'll drink to that

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:36:32 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
If the bill included an ironclad provision for building a wall I would support it.  You really think there is any way on God's green earth you are going to deport all the illegals already here?  It's never going to happen, especially when the Republicans pander to the hispanic vote even more than the dummocrats.  We pretty much have to swallow the bitter pill over what happens the current intelopers, but we absolutely have to stem the tide of the massive arterial hemmorage in our southern border. Yes, I know it's an unpopular opinion, and you will rant and rave and foam at the mouth, but you won't affect the impending "amnesty" one damn bit, and you know it.  

Build the damn wall already!

I agree that the notion of mass deportation is probably difficult to the piint of impracticality, but it isn't necessarily impossible.  This demonstrates (once again) how limp-wristed the gov't is; it doesn't have the nads to draw a line in the sand & hold it; backs down everytime this sort of bullsh!it is pulled.  Then OTOH, it continually tightens the screws on its own.  We lose more all the time even as the criminal element gains ground.

Right is wrong, & wrong is right.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:50:21 PM EDT
[#30]
We only have ourselves to blame as most Americans just sit on their asses doing nothing.

Keith
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:58:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:01:07 PM EDT
[#32]

Sometimes I think this country is really going down the tubes.

What is the point of legal immigration if you can get legal status by sneaking in illegally?

This is like advertising that we can't secure our borders, so come on in. Truly pathetic.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:25:14 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Sometimes I think this country is really going down the tubes.

What is the point of legal immigration if you can get legal status by sneaking in illegally?

This is like advertising that we can't secure our borders, so come on in. Truly pathetic.

Notice that NO politicians talk about LEGAL IMMIGRATION anymore, nor do the asswipe traitors that openly support illegals, it's ALL "immigration" now.  If you DARE mention "illegal immigration" you get instantly branded as a racist xenophobe.

Control the language and you control the perceptions and debate.

This nation will fall from within more quickly than many will admit.  We are rapidly approaching critical mass with MILLIONS of illegals within our borders, where no one in a position to do anything about it will speak out lest they be shouted down.

Well, the libs keep screaming about how this is a "democracy", the TRUTH that we are a Constitutional Republic has been subverted and we're damn close to it.... Democracy meaning 50% + 1 (ie: mob rule).

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:22:42 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can gun owners use this to our advantage? Perhaps everybody could come out to the ranges with select-fire unregistered ARs and AKs, and just 'cause there'd be millions of us the lawmakers would leave us alone, right?

Actually.......yes.

If EVERY gun owner broke the law at once and in the open, there is nothing the govt could do about it.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:43:32 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
 edit .........................ah fuck it

Nah, it's not that.  What Corporations want, Corporations get.  Corporations are our government.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:47:03 AM EDT
[#36]

the difference between the parties is not "if", but "how" they will eventually destroy this nation.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:48:25 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We'd just be shooting the firearms that other Americans don't want to shoot.
Works for me.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:06:05 AM EDT
[#38]
 I was at my libtard college the other day. I had to do a report on educating illegal immigrants. Well most of the class seemed to have a problem with me bringing up the issue. It seems that its a racist issue for just talking about it. Overall we spend about 30 billion a year educating the kids of illegals and that's just the ones we know about. After I gave them a few dollar figures they started to understand the problem. Except for the illegals in the class!! Jesus put up the wall and cut entitlements  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:06:49 AM EDT
[#39]
If they do this AND if ALL the illegals sign up, REMEMBER MY PREDICTION ---

35 MILLION or more will come out of the woodwork.

we're doomed

rj
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:13:37 AM EDT
[#40]
These politicians are ALL fuckin' traitors, No Party is doing ANYTHING to fix this nation and Ted Kennedy is still helping Illegals along, just like he did in the 60's. They are selling out this country and no one on either side of the aisle is doing much to stop it.

This nation will cease to exist in everything except name within 50 years, all our ideals will be null and void as will our Constitution. The special interest minority groups are running roughshod all over everyone and anyones rights but their own. We are being invaded and the politicians are only concerned about votes regardless of the cost .

*sigh*
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:27:18 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Like I said the House has refused so far an amnesty

/\  It's no secret the Senate is filled with RINOs.  
I think amnesty is a BAD idea, but we need to come up with some plan to deal with the millions of illegals that are already here.  Despite what some may say, just up and deporting all of them would bring our economy to a screeching halt.  So what's the solution? I don't know, do you?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:30:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Why can't they do what Kali did with gun registration. Trick them into identifying thselves then shipping the out.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:33:36 AM EDT
[#43]
WTF?  ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

It's time for new Reps across the board. This is nothing more then treason in my eyes.Our Gov. is a complete joke anymore and has sold us all out. Welcome to the United States of Mexico I guess... Why do we even bother paying our taxes and follow laws when criminal illegals get benifits for breaking the law.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:41:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Funny how non-federal cops can enforce federal weapons laws but not federal immigration laws. How does that happen? Welcome to the land of Orwell.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:49:13 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Great cartoon....if it weren't fucking true. As it stands, it makes me sick.

The Republican Party the Bush Administration has SHIT THE BED.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:53:16 AM EDT
[#46]
70 House members have just written the Senate saying no amnesty will pass the House
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:00:28 AM EDT
[#47]

Figures.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:11:06 AM EDT
[#48]
The 12 million illegals supposedly in this country equal about 1/4th the number of abortions in the USA since Roe v. Wade.  We are importing their replacements.  We are still about 35 million people short.

Open the flood gates.  Let them in.  

Were it not for the wholesale salughter of Americans in the past 33 years, we would have a large enough workforce so that 1) we wouldn't have to import workers, and 2) we wouldn't have to export jobs.  

We are now paying a huge social debt from abortion on demand.  Why does this stuff come as a surprise to any of you?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:14:48 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
The 12 million illegals supposedly in this country equal about 1/4th the number of abortions in the USA since Roe v. Wade.  We are importing their replacements.  We are still about 35 million people short.

Open the flood gates.  Let them in.  

Were it not for the wholesale salughter of Americans in the past 33 years, we would have a large enough workforce so that 1) we wouldn't have to import workers, and 2) we wouldn't have to export jobs.  

We are now paying a huge social debt from abortion on demand.  Why does this stuff come as a surprise to any of you?

So aborted American babies would work for below minimum wage if they hadn't been aborted?

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:15:36 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Your title "Get Ready, Cause it's HERE... AMNESTY FOR ILLEGALS!!!" is misleading,it's far from a done deal.
The sky didn't fall today and probably won't tomorrow either.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top