Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2006 9:48:07 AM EDT
I just set up my dish, I get 112 signal strength on the 110 satellite, same on the 119 but it is in red and says wrong sat. I am only getting half of my channels because I cannot get 119 to work. I have a PVR 510 receiver.  Any ideas? I have been on the phone with Dish 3 times, I keep getting some flunky at a call center.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:05:28 PM EDT
[#1]
What type of LNB do you have?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:13:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you reaim it yourself.  I found aiming it myself was hard to do.  Professionals can do it quickly.  Make sure you don't have any obstruction out there.  

Also I assume you did the "check switch" button thing a bunch of times already?  

This is one nice thing about DirectTV....I have had it for 5 months now with zero satellite problems, even in some big snow and rain storms.  

GunLvr
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:21:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Find sat 110 then find sat 119 then go to where you get the best signal from both of them .

You really should have a  sat locater tool. Also you will only get half of the channels if you have a bad connection  somewhere. It is called signal loss.

Then run "check switch"  in the installation set up format.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:25:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I no longer have dish, but I was able to aim by hand (with the aid of a compass) easily.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:31:13 PM EDT
[#5]
It sounds like you are getting the 110 sat on the 119 lnb.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
I just set up my dish, I get 112 signal strength on the 110 satellite, same on the 119 but it is in red and says wrong sat. I am only getting half of my channels because I cannot get 119 to work. I have a PVR 510 receiver.  Any ideas? I have been on the phone with Dish 3 times, I keep getting some flunky at a call center.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:49:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I think Dennis is right. I had a problem like this and it drove me up the wall. I had my Diseqc settings wrong.

Easily to tell if it's your problem. If you put your hand infront of the 119 LNB and the signal drops out on the 110 signal then that's obviously your problem.

I don't think with your reciever you can edit the Diseqc settings, you you just have to re-aim.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top