Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2006 8:24:55 PM EDT
well i am going there for the first time this april, and i am wondering what to expect. i have been to a few gun shows locally(milwaukee waukesha area in wisconsin) and have been very disappointed with them in that the prices are way too high, as well as the items present are nothing to write home about usually.
I am looking at picking up a used beater AR-15, a ruger mark II or III 22 pistol, 223 brass, 223 FMJ's, 45 acp FMJ's and 9mm FMJ's along with powder for reloading these along with a bunch of other things i have my eye on. granted i will not make the purchase unless the price is right(fair or a good deal)
how do prices at knob creek compare to other gun shows? i know it should not deviate much since it is still supply and demand, however the supply should be higher at this show considering how much bigger it is to the local gun shows.

thanks
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:31:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I have configured the work around this. this will be my first time also but I am taking my brother with me.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:38:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Wait, there's a gun show in Knob Creek?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:48:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Hi All,

This will be my second trip to Knob Creek.  I will be camping again.....

As for the AR15, you shouldn't have too much trouble there.

The .22 pistols are plentiful, BUT all of them that I saw up there have suppressors on them!!!  That is where I bought my suppressed MKII.

This is the best gunshow I think I have ever been to.  The SARCO guys are there and it looks like they bring every item from their adds in Shotgun News. All the big names in Class 3 are there. Ammo is pretty cheap too, but it wont last till saturday so if you see some you want you better get it then. Bring your camelbak with come water, you will need it.  Bring CASH, there was like two dealers that could accept a credit card up there due to the lack of telephone or cell phone service.

I could go on and on........

Maybe we will run into each other,

Targethunter
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:55:13 PM EDT
[#4]
there wont be better "deals" on saturday afternoon as the show progresses? maybe they dont want to load everything back into the truck?
if not i think i will have to arive earlier on friday
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:02:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Knob Creek is a blast. I've been going for the last four years. Wouldn't miss it.
Best gun show ever. Anything you need is there. Plus all that full auto goodness.
It would be cool to meet other arfcomers there. Anybody use FRS.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:13:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a couple of the FRS radios.  How do you suggest we find each other?  I will be wearinga t-shirt with "Saylors Machine & Design Works" on it in large print if that will help.  I plan to shoot in the Assault Rifle Match on Friday afternoon with my SBR so maybe we can hook up.

Targethunter
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:38:57 PM EDT
[#7]
We can designate channel 8 or something. I'll be wearing camo but so will everyone else.
Might try to get there Fri maybe camp.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:40:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:09:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Bring a folding chair, 'cause seating is sometimes scarce.

Also, bring a lot of cash.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:21:14 AM EDT
[#10]
I can't wait for it  
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:22:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:24:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Am I missing something?  How could he legally buy and immediately take home any firearms at Knob Creek when he is from Wisconsin?

(B3) May an unlicensed person obtain a firearm from an out-of-state source if the person arranges to obtain the firearm through a licensed dealer in the
purchaser's own state? [Back]

A person not licensed under the GCA and not prohibited from acquiring firearms may purchase a firearm from an out-of-state source and obtain the firearm if an arrangement is made with a licensed dealer in the purchaser's state of residence for the purchaser to obtain the firearm from the dealer. [18 U. S. C 922( a)( 3) and (5), 922( b)( 3), 27 CFR 178.29]

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:25:21 AM EDT
[#13]
No other gun show can prepare you for the experience. Usually the best prices around on mags and ammo.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:00:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It is a NFA show, so if you are looking to see silenced Rugers, fully automatics, etc, not semi auto AR15s that are a good deal.

quote]

I must agree here but I would like to add to it.  I saw Model "1" Sales, Vector, Rock River Arms, DPMS, and several others that had semi-auto hardware for sale. Model "1" sold almost all of the uppers they brought!!!! (There was a lot of them) I bought one of the TiN Cam pins from DPMS for my rifle there. So there is a good bit of semi atuo stuff at the show, just like he said, it is mainly a Class 3 show. I saw things there that before I had only seen in books. M134, MK19, Browning .50cal, you name it.......

Targethunter
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:09:40 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Wrong gunshow for you. Being a non KY resident best case you could only buy a long-gun across state lines, most of the dealers there will be non KY state dealers so they can not sell guns at all, just take orders. It's not a reloading gun show, it's a show for buying cases and cases of machinegun ammo. Not reloading supplies. It is a NFA show, so if you are looking to see silenced Rugers, fully automatics, etc, not semi auto AR15s that are a good deal.

You could possibly find a guy in the crowd selling an AR15 rifle of some type privatly, willing to do an off paper sale. Not likely, but to buy the rifle you want from a dealer you would have to find a KY dealer who had what you wanted. Plus why would this dealer sell to you cheap when the attendance at this show will be close to 15,000 no reason to discount guns, everything they bring will sell.

Thanks David. I was going to tell him the same but didn't want to rain on his parade. If he is going for the NFA goodies he will think it is heaven!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:59:37 AM EDT
[#16]
I have a few questions about this show too.  Most important: what is the breakfast buffet like?  Also, how smart is it to fly there rather than driving?  I could see driving but that's a lot of gas for my truck, plus about a 10 hour+ trip.  Southwest flies to Louisville from here and it can be a cheap flight.  But the problem is how to get all those goodies home from KY?

GunLvr
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 11:17:22 PM EDT
[#17]
I might be able to make KC for once -- can I just show up and get in, or are tickets only available in advance?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:40:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Just show up with $10 in your hand and you're in.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:05:07 AM EDT
[#19]
If I bring $20, can I get a "happy ending"?

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:56:17 AM EDT
[#20]
You can find about ANYTHING you want there. There are plenty of firearms, FA, semi, and bolt for sale and can be purchased and sent to your FFL in your home state. If you have a FFL that you want to use to recieve your purchases, stop by and get 2 or three copies of his FFL to bring with you.

Most goods for sale are cheaper at Knob Creek than anywhere else I have found and the vendors include most of the who's who of manufacturers and vendors like SARCO.

The Knob Creek range has their own gun shop seperate from all the vendors set up outside. Their prices aren't bad and they have a shitpot full of AR 's and pistols.

We are planning to camp there Friday night and I will put up a sign reading ARFCOMers WELCOME on the tent. Y'all stop by and have a drink! Look for the digital Jeep Cherokee.

If you have never been to a Knob Creek shoot, come early plan to stay for the night shoot on Saturday night! You aint never seen so many tracers in yer life! Lot's of exploding target goodness too!

April 7, 8, 9 for the Spring shoot! Be there or be square!!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:20:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Now why did you have to remind me of this? I already want more stuff than I can afford.

I've only been once. It was fun. I got to shoot an MP5, an AK-47 and an M-16.  It was like $30 per mag. Definitely cheaper than buying.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:40:59 PM EDT
[#22]
So what is the campground like?  How primitive is it, and how private are the sites?  Can a person have a campfire there?

GunLvr
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:20:33 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
So what is the campground like?  How primitive is it, and how private are the sites?  Can a person have a campfire there?

GunLvr

Primitive, depends on where you set up, and yes - how does one expect to enjoy our fine Kaintucky Bourbon and a fine cigar without a campfire?

Portapotties primitive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top