Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2006 6:23:30 PM EDT
This is from Sunday - I searched but couldn't find it anywhere.  I s'pose the dupe police will soon show up to let me know where to find the original commentary.

If not, I think this story is interesting in that the DEA agents showed more balls while unarmed than a lot of folks show in similar situations with weapons and armor.  Also, I couldn't help but wonder if the shooter posted here .

Cops: Nurse faces charges after spraying club with gunfire
3/12/2006, 11:34 a.m. CT
The Associated Press

COVINGTON, La. (AP) — A nurse faces charges of attempted murder of federal agents and other crimes after he allegedly sprayed 30 rounds from an AR-15 rifle outside a club in this quiet town, Covington police said.

No one was hurt in the incident late Friday, but bullets pierced an exterior wall of the Columbia Street Tap Room & Grill in downtown Covington and struck several vehicles and a cargo trailer, Covington police spokesman Lt. Jack West said.

Police told the club's owner, Steve Ahrons, that the nurse, 34-year-old Tony R. Lambert, was possibly inflamed by the sight of his girlfriend dancing with another man.

Lambert was brought down by a pair of federal Drug Enforcement Administration agents who happened to be at the club.

"With bullets shooting through the cars they were using for cover, the agents were able to work their way towards Lambert," club owner Steve Ahrons said. "They charged Lambert when he stopped shooting to reload. They were able to disarm him and wrestle him to the ground just as Covington (police) units arrived."

Lambert was charged with two counts of attempted first degree murder of a federal agent and eight other crimes in connection with the shooting spree.

Lambert also was charged with two counts of aggravated assault on a police officer with a firearm, four counts of criminal damage to property, one count of aggravated assault on patrons of the nightclub and one count of illegal use of a weapon.

___

Information from: The Times-Picayune, www.timespicayune.com

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:26:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Throw away the key. That's not what the RKBA is all about.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:27:47 PM EDT
[#2]
shit

more ammo for the antis
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:29:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Anything that has TIMES as a source is

B.S.

It was probally an airsoft.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:29:33 PM EDT
[#4]
need to make an example of HIM, and not the gun.  Like that will ever happen.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:29:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Why was the federal agent dancing with the dudes wife?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:29:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

....was possibly inflamed by the sight of his girlfriend dancing with another man.....

I don't know why folks tend to have a "I will go down in flames" in public attitude...

I'd rather lay and wait for my "target" at the time and place of my choosing and be absolutely sure to get the "job" done right and get back to minding my own business.....

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:53:43 PM EDT
[#7]
[Falling down] Get yourself some shooting lessons[/Falling down]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:04:45 PM EDT
[#8]

...sprayed 30 rounds from an AR-15 rifle ...

Oh Shit! He's got one of those AR-15 Waterguns i saw sum other guy postin about!!!!

"With bullets shooting through the cars they were using for cover, the agents were able to work their way towards Lambert," club owner Steve Ahrons said. "They charged Lambert when he stopped shooting to reload. They were able to disarm him and wrestle him to the ground just as Covington (police) units arrived."

Let's just make the guy sound as bad as possible..... who knows? maybe he's gay!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:12:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

...sprayed 30 rounds from an AR-15 rifle ...

Oh Shit! He's got one of those AR-15 Waterguns i saw sum other guy postin about!!!!

Let's just make the guy sound as bad as possible..... who knows? maybe he's gay!

.223 rounds THROUGH a car????????????????
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:29:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
[Falling down] Get yourself some shooting lessons[/Falling down]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top