Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/14/2006 7:44:48 AM EDT
www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/03/13/bootcamp.death.ap/index.html

I wonder what the chances of any of those cops doing time for this?

They murdered that 14 yr old boy, regardless of his petty crime.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:45:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:50:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Seems funny .........2 autopsy and 2 differant answeres........you think one or both side may have an agenda???..I think the kid was no angel........Somebody is going to jail!!..no mater what!!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:50:37 AM EDT
[#3]
hmm.  interesting
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:52:05 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
countrystore.blogspot.com/images/care-o-meter.jpg

+1

Though I'm sure he was a fine young man and a pillar
of his community.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:52:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, I would be concerned if it were my child.  The kid died in incarceration, and this shouldn't have happended.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:53:46 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Seems funny .........2 autopsy and 2 differant answeres........you think one or both side may have an agenda???..I think the kid was no angel........Somebody is going to jail!!..no mater what!!!

apparently michael baden has gotten involved, he is one of the top forensic guys in the country and AFAIK has a stainless record. while the county coroner who said the kid died from sickle cell was working for the same county as the cops who murdered that kid.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:54:54 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

If {god forbid} one day your son gets into trouble and has something like this happen, I'll be sure to keep that pic.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:12:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If {god forbid} one day your son gets into trouble and has something like this happen, I'll be sure to keep that pic.

YEAH!  And I bet those evil cops went home after their shift too!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:16:40 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

They are likely not Police Officers working there, probably not even COs.  Boot camps are where the final disposition of a juvenile case can take place, generally the workers there are considered "counselors" or some such and pretty much have no legal/corrections training.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:22:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They are likely not Police Officers working there, probably not even COs.  Boot camps are where the final disposition of a juvenile case can take place, generally the workers there are considered "counselors" or some such and pretty much have no legal/corrections training.

Shhhh...This is a cop-bashing thread.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:22:54 AM EDT
[#11]
I dont have a dog in this fight but think about this-

There was a REASON he was in the Sheriffs BootCamp...

Frankly I dont care one way or the other
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:28:02 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shhhh...This is a cop-bashing thread.

They looked like cops to me apparently they are just wanna bes or hoping to move into LE, regardless of that. these POSs should be charged in this death.
I don't give one shit why he was there (tresspassing and taking grandmas car) they murdered that kid. he was not sentenced to death by his keepers, but that is exactly what happend on day one.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:29:00 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I dont have a dog in this fight but think about this-

There was a REASON he was in the Sheriffs BootCamp...

Frankly I dont care one way or the other

Here is the reason:

Anderson entered the camp for a probation violation for trespassing at a school after he and his cousins were charged with stealing their grandmother's car from a church parking lot.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:31:46 AM EDT
[#14]
This is the part I have a problem with:

"Outside the office Monday, members of the NAACP, the Southern Christian Leadership Conference and the Rainbow/PUSH Coalition were among about two dozen demonstrators in what they were calling a "Resurrection for Justice" rally."

If it is'nt enough for these groups not to have accountablity amongst it's race...they blame their plight on Government and white people, every single time. They never accept any responsiblity...ever.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:42:49 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm curious as to the second coroners report myself. The family has promised that they will immediately release the findings, no matter what it is. We shall see if that is true.

I wouldn't be surprised if this coroner doesn't agree with their "professional" findings and they move on to yet another coroner.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:45:06 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
This is the part I have a problem with:

"Outside the office Monday, members of the NAACP, the Southern Christian Leadership Conference and the Rainbow/PUSH Coalition were among about two dozen demonstrators in what they were calling a "Resurrection for Justice" rally."

If it is'nt enough for these groups not to have accountablity amongst it's race...they blame their plight on Government and white people, every single time. They never accept any responsiblity...ever.

I must have missed the black "councelor" beating on that kid.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:49:07 AM EDT
[#17]
The beating might not have killed him, but he did get the shit kicked out of him.  
Link to video:

kutv.com/topstories/topstories_story_048152552.html

Longer (7 min 39 sec) video:
multimedia.realcities.com:8080/ramgen/miami/news/bootcamp_video.rm
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:02:31 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
The beating might not have killed him, but he did get the shit kicked out of him.  
Link to video:

kutv.com/topstories/topstories_story_048152552.html

the "councelors" actually held him up after his legs wouldn't hold him anymore.

ETA: from your link

The county sheriff's office, which runs the camp, said Anderson was restrained after he became uncooperative. But the camp also admitted Friday that mistakes were made, CBS News correspondent Jim Acosta reports.

sounds to me like these were cops and not "councelors"?

this went on for an hour and a half according to your link as well.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:26:59 AM EDT
[#19]
were this 9 mexicans doing the beating, you folks would be ready to hand down the death penalty.
I find it amazing that the new gang can get a pat on the back for doing the same.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:52:07 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good for you.  I'd have beat the shit out of him myself if he stole his grandmother's car.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:06:56 AM EDT
[#21]
How could anyone have predicted that a person who goes to jail for violating his felony probation might die a violent death? It was a senseless end to a promising life.

But seriously, thieves are pieces of shit. There is high correlation between between being a piece of shit and dying an early violent death. His parents sentenced him to a wretched life and an ignominious death before his 5th birthday. I guess it's sad, but it's how things work.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:10:12 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
were this 9 mexicans doing the beating, you folks would be ready to hand down the death penalty.
I find it amazing that the new gang can get a pat on the back for doing the same.

I wouldn't.

If somone tried to steal one of said Mexican's
cars, and, they stomped a mudhole in him until he
died, I doubt I'd care even a little bit.

Thieves get very little no sympathy from me.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:17:43 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wouldn't.

you'd be one of the few in here according to the postings I've seen. thieves are shitbags no doubt, but 9 cops beating a 14 yr old kid to death, now that's some serious shitbaggery.
Do you think this boot camp releases kids better for society or worse?

Also if you care to, tell me this since you could care less. who is the worse criminal in this situation?
I know my answer.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:19:00 AM EDT
[#24]
So guards are now Cops??  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:22:25 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wouldn't.

you'd be one of the few in here according to the postings I've seen. thieves are shitbags no doubt, but 9 cops beating a 14 yr old kid to death, now that's some serious shitbaggery.

In this case, I'd have to say "better."
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:23:10 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
So guards are now Cops??  

apparently they are working for the sherriffs dept who runs the camp, so yeah they are.

I betcha if I punched one in the face, I'd be charged with assaulting a Po Po.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:24:26 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wouldn't.

In this case, I'd have to say "better."

would it be safe to assume that if they are in jail they all could be killed like this and you wouldn't give a shit either way?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:25:29 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So guards are now Cops??  

apparently they are working for the sherriffs dept who runs the camp, so yeah they are.

]Bullshit.  Even the article you quote refers to them as guards.  I'm sure the sherrif has a secretary.  She works for him.  Does that make her a cop?  

Why not stick to calling them by their title.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:28:43 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
So guards are now Cops??  

]Bullshit.  Even the article you quote refers to them as guards.  I'm sure the sherrif has a secretary.  She works for him.  Does that make her a cop?  

the title at this point is shitbags, but Ok "councelors" I still bet I hit one it'd be assaulting a Po Po.
these guys ain't secretaries by any stretch.

ETA:
Watching the video again you'd be hard pressed to convince someone just seeing the tape and no other info they were not cops. sure look like ducks to me
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:30:35 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
So guards are now Cops??  

the title at this point is shitbags, but Ok "councelors" I still bet I hit one it'd be assaulting a Po Po.

I'll give you shitbags.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:33:01 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
So guards are now Cops??  

I'll give you shitbags.  

agreed.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:37:05 AM EDT
[#32]
I think the all the mother sees is dollar signs
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:52:36 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I think the all the mother sees is dollar signs

That is surely a possibility, But blame the 9 shitbags.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:55:46 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
So guards are now Cops??  

Not even guards, but juvenile counselors.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:59:50 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Because it does not fit his little paranoid worldview.  I'll bet he thinks the kid behind the counter at McD's is a cop to because of the uniform.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:12:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Ehhh. I'll wait on the official report. Not some ravings of racists.

ETA: Looks like a real winner to me.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:19:24 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
So guards are now Cops??  

Look like Sheriff's deputies to me!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:27:41 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because it does not fit his little paranoid worldview.  I'll bet he thinks the kid behind the counter at McD's is a cop to because of the uniform.

thanks for the input Mr police apologist #3

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:42:20 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So guards are now Cops??  

Yep, they are not "cops" in any stretch of the imagination.  In county run max security detention facilities (juvenile prisons) here the title is "Juvenile Corrections Counselor", while in the boot camps they are called "counselor" or no title at all.  

If they are assaulted by an "inmate", it is a general assault charge which is levied against them, not "assaulting a police officer".  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:48:14 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
So guards are now Cops??  

Yep, they are not "cops" in any stretch of the imagination.  In county run max security detention facilities (juvenile prisons) here the title is "Juvenile Corrections Counselor", while in the boot camps they are called "counselor" or no title at all.  

If they are assaulted by an "inmate", it is a general assault charge which is levied against them, not "assaulting a police officer".  

interesting. thanks for the info. I still say no one would be able to tell the difference.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:52:33 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
So guards are now Cops??  

interesting. thanks for the info. I still say no one would be able to tell the difference.

You still cling to your point...even though you are wrong.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:57:06 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
So guards are now Cops??  

You still cling to your point...even though you are wrong.

Wrong would be backing these shitbags who killed that kid. but I guess in a degree of wrongness..... mine is light in comparison.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:01:45 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are quite welcome Mr. Paranoid Druggie Defender #2.  (actually you may have been promoted.  I haven't seen that Wolf guy in a while)
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:15:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Would anyone here argue with me if I was too state that this country is better off with a person like that dead, even if he was 14. This is the guy that would steal and break into you're home.
Be in a criminal gang, Have no regard for you're family if it ment him getting away and not being caught.

flame away
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:16:11 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are quite welcome Mr. Paranoid Druggie Defender #2.  (actually you may have been promoted.  I haven't seen that Wolf guy in a while)

rights are to be defended and unjust laws questioned , something you wouldn't uderstand being a police apologist and backing 9 murdering shitbags..

no paranoia at all here, they striaght up beat that kid to death for all to see.  Lon Horoshi a friend of yours too?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:23:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Edit: another thread perhaps
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:31:27 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

rights are to be defended and unjust laws questioned , something you wouldn't uderstand being a police apologist and backing 9 murdering shitbags..

no paranoia at all here, they striaght up beat that kid to death for all to see.  Lon Horoshi a friend of yours too?

They beat a thief to death you say?

So sad...so, so sad.  

I wish I could muster sympathy.........

And, as one poster said preiously....

Any one of my boy-children that stole a car would pray
to god for a boot camp.   I teach my children not to steal.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:32:46 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So sad...so, so sad.  

What is it you do for a living?

LEO in some capacity?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:35:05 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So sad...so, so sad.  

What is it you do for a living?

LEO in some capacity?

Suffice it to say I, and, my wife have it within our
capacity to teach our kids not to steal a car.

If they choose that path....the path of preying on innocents.....

Well..They get what they get.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:43:50 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You see, that's the problem.   Your heavily boiled brain creates things that are not there.  It's practically a hobby with you.  I'm not defending anyone.  I'm simply correcting the mistakes your astoundingly overweight ego repeatedly makes.  The same mistake OTHERS have called you on.  Don't worry, I'll continue to point out your drivel in future threads.

What color is the sky on your planet?  BTW: you spelled Lon's name wrong.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top