Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2006 8:49:57 AM EDT
What is a early 1970's made in Belgium HP going for? Has the wood grips, manual and two 10rd mags.

Saw one at a pawn shop yesterday for 600. It's about 98%.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:21:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Hard to say from the description. 10rnd mags indicate they are not original to the gun. Was it marked for U.S. import or is it a European gun? Was it a contract run for Austria or Israel (need to do some serial# research for that)? Ant prefix or suffix on the serial#? All matching #s? Do the wood grips have a red stain/sealer on the INSIDE surface (you can see this from the mag well).

HP collectors are almost as bad as Garand collectors when it comes to the details.

Off hand, I would say it is a little high for a generic, used HP - JMHO  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:38:18 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hard to say from the description. 10rnd mags indicate they are not original to the gun.

10rnd mags are the only legally mags allowed to be transferred in Calif.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:55:33 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What is a early 1970's made in Belgium HP going for? Has the wood grips, manual and two 10rd mags.

Saw one at a pawn shop yesterday for 600. It's about 98%.

I sold a Browning Belgian HP 9mm in 100% pristine condition to a buddy of mine about 2 years ago.

I think I sold it for $600 - it was a beautiful pistol. Like new in original box - 2 mags etc.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:55:42 PM EDT
[#4]
$600 may be a bit high, but not by much for a Belgium model. These things are commanding some outrageous prices these days, at least when they sell.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:07:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top