Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2006 7:14:27 PM EDT
Did you hear me mention that the government keeps the border open so the drug trade can flourish?
These "two mexican immigrants" are good examples of what I was talking about(they were dui too)

Cass County sheriff: Immigrants released to avoid medical bills
www.whotv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4611495&nav=2HAB
ATLANTIC, Iowa Cass County authorities say they released two Mexican immigrants found with 95 pounds of marijuana because the county did not want to pay their medical bills and federal officials did not have room for them.

Natividad Valdovino and Javier Ruiz were stopped Monday along Interstate 80 in Atlantic for driving erratically. Deputies found open containers and said one of the men was intoxicated. They searched the van and found drugs but also noticed both men had cuts, scrapes and bruises and needed medical attention.

Cass County Sheriff Bill Sage says the charges were dropped because the county did not want to cover the medical costs.

Immigration officials had told the sheriff's office they couldn't take the immigrants and that neither posed a security risk.

Tim Counts, a spokesman for Immigration and Customs Enforcement, says about 80 percent of the immigrants they house are accused of crimes other than illegal entry, which leaves them some wiggle room. But, he says, they usually focus on criminals.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:16:17 PM EDT
[#1]
It is the lesser of two evils,send them back or put them in jail and feed them for years.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:52:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Before.......they were saying they would only arrest the "real" criminals, not the illegals that only entered the country illegally......

NOW, they aren't even arresting the DRUG SMUGGLERS

95 FRIGGING POUNDS OF MARIJUANA??

They would put YOU or ME in PRISON for that !!

Oh yeah, they didn't even get busted for dui, I guess we will have to wait until they kill someone else
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:10:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Bump
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:34:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Unfreakin believeable...................should have aleast taken their ride and their smoke and sent them walking.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:40:56 PM EDT
[#5]
If any of you have been to Atlantic, IA you would not be surprised by this story.

SBG
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:54:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If any of you have been to Atlantic, IA you would not be surprised by this story.

SBG

This story greatly disturbs me, dui, cocaine, 95lbs of marijuana..........LET GO WITH NO CHARGES???

I wonder if our attorney general flocktard "gonzales" knows that we don't prosecute drunk-driving-cocaine-possessing-illegal-alien-drug smugglers

Yeah, that piece of shit probably sent the memo giving local LEOs instructions on what to do in these situations

Most of the people I talk to on a daily basis have no idea that things like this happen
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:58:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I hope the police at least kept the drugs.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:59:30 PM EDT
[#8]
It doesn't say anything about impounding the vehicle, does it?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:01:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Cool.

Its good to see some law enforcment types show some logic and do the practical thing.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:05:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Cool.

Its good to see some law enforcment types show some logic and do the practical thing.

They should have burned that vehicle to the ground, threw those asshats in the drunk tank
and, charged them with dui, cocaine possession, possession of marijuana with intent to distribute

THAT IS WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED TO ANY CITIZENS CAUGHT IN THE SAME SITUATION
(except for the burning the vehicle to the ground part, that SHOULD be done to drug smugglers)
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:12:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Cool.

They should have burned that vehicle to the ground, threw those asshats in the drunk tank
and, charged them with dui, cocaine possession, possession of marijuana with intent to distribute

THAT IS WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED TO ANY CITIZENS CAUGHT IN THE SAME SITUATION
(except for the burning the vehicle to the ground part, that SHOULD be done to drug smugglers)

Apparently there is a downside to being a citizen.  Kinda like the marriage penalty, only worse.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:18:24 PM EDT
[#12]
It was medication for their poor old granny who has glaucoma
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:32:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Where have you guys been?  This has been happening forever. (And just not illegals)  Lots of jurisdictions let people loose because of  medical costs.  I had a 4-time child molestor put on home monitoring because of his ongoing cardiac care.  Another time  a car thief's charges were dismissed because she had been doing crack while pregnant at 8 months.  They booted her out the back door of the jail so fast she almost landed on the other side of the street.

Someone with serious medical issues can bankrupt a small county.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top