Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2006 2:09:37 PM EDT
I was traveling home from my girlfriend's house last Sunday (err.....Monday) at 12:35 at night. I was speeding, no excuses here, but on a road with a high speed limit (45 mph), no houses, little traffic, dry weather, etc. Everyone speeds on this road, and I mean EVERYONE, and there are never any speedtraps or police monitoring the speed.

Anyways, I didn't give the headlights approaching in the other lane a second thought until the red and blue lights flash on and he pulls a U turn right behind me. The cop pulls me over (unmarked car), and tells me he tagged me at 62 mph with radar.

I was always under the impression that radar devices didnt work if the Police car was travelling in the opposite direction (ie, other lane). Is this true?

Oh, and I also found out that anything over 60 mph in CT gets you an automatic court date - no ticket

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:11:58 PM EDT
[#1]
it's my understanding that it doesn't make a difference which way he's travelling.  moving radar is moving radar...

no ticket?  i've never heard of that.  just do what i do and have a lawyer handle it...
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:12:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Same-lane (same direction) radar is a lot less common, it's relatively high-tech. Opposite direction is the original.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:14:17 PM EDT
[#3]
How does this work?  

You go to court

and pay the fine.

America at its finest.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:20:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Doppler effect, the closure rate, and a computer chip work against you.

You need one of these.

Will save your butt.

I know. My after-market cruise control wanders up and down.
It reminds me to check my speed.

HKO
Top Top