Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2006 1:37:10 PM EDT
Been doing a bit of research on some electronic hearing protection, and am leaning towards the Peltors or the Pro-Ears. From what I've read, the Pro-Ears have a pretty good system, and am leaning towards those.

Here are my main concerns. First is whether or not the more expensive versions of either are really worth twice the money. Second, the only waterproof models I've seen are the Peltor Comtacs. Are the ProEars not waterproof? I'd hate to be out hunting and waste a pair of $200 muffs because it started to rain.

Anyway, input appreciated as I'm completely new to them.

And sorry mods if I posted in the wrong forums, wasn't sure quite where to put it............
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:44:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Sordin Supreme Pro
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:46:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:56:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Another ComTac user.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:12:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't know about the Water proof issue.

just my 2 cents, but I've had no problems with my Peltor TAC 7's
Although they are kinda big. They provide a reasonable amount of sound ampfication in addition.

Peltor
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:34:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I’ve got a set of Peltors TacticalPro’s and really like them.  They are much superior to a very old set of Pro-Ears that I had.  Admittedly, newer Pro-Ears may be better.

I addition to better sound quality, my Peltor’s have two other big advantages:

1 – they use a common battery (2 AA’s)

2 – they automatically shut themselves off after 2 hours.

In addition, you turn them off without changing the volume, which means you don’t have to readjust the volume level when turning them back on.

Note that the Peltor TacticalPro’s have great noise reduction as a result of their very large ear cups.  That’s why I got them – for use when working as a range officer.  However, while they’re fine for handguns, they’re just too bulky to work with a long gun.

OTOH, while ComTac’s don’t have great noise reduction, they do have a cut-out for a long gun stock.   I’m thinking I may have to get one of them, too!!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top