Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2006 3:37:51 PM EDT
I was jus tat the local Coast to Coast store and i was talking with the manager, He is a avid gun man Hell he sells them. He told me that ammo is going to go up 7% In the april to may time frame he has already been notified by his distributors. Tim the Manager is a Good guy And i take his word as truth.

Maybe it is time to Order more Loading Components Before they Go up Also

What say You all?????    
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:41:57 PM EDT
[#1]
this is already known, in fact prices have already gone up for some ammo. There is a finite amount of lead and copper in the world, get used to it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:42:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I was jus tat the local Coast to Coast store and i was talking with the manager, He is a avid gun man Hell he sells them. He told me that ammo is going to go up 7% In the april to may time frame he has already been notified by his distributors. Tim the Manager is a Good guy And i take his word as truth.

Maybe it is time to Order more Loading Components Before they Go up Also

What say You all?????    

Cry.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:43:30 PM EDT
[#3]
THE END IS NEAR!!!

It's always a good time to order more ammo.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:43:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Stuff seldom gets cheaper.

I think WWB 9mm is the deal of the century right now.  I squirrel away a few boxes everytime I come home from Walmart.   It's not going to be $11.34 for 100 rounds forever.    

As ammo has an indefinite shelf life,  I just keep it dry, cool, and increasing in amount for the day it goes up.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:44:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I wonder how many of these posts are ammo venders?

By the way: Reloading components are still the same price that they ever were. Now might be a good time to start hrm?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:45:25 PM EDT
[#6]
So it goes up a little?

Who needs more than half a box of 9mm and a few spare 22LR rounds laying around?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:45:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:49:29 PM EDT
[#8]
HEE HEE HEE, looking over his hoarded ammo. Guess I wasn't so dumb after all.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:54:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I was speaking to an ammo reloading vendor at the San Antonio gun show this past weekend.  She said the same thing, prices are going up.  She said her reloading components, like brass are getting scarce.  She said China is buying up all of the brass they can get there hands on.  I don't know how this corrolates to reloading, but one can only wonder and come their own conclusions.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:56:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

100%
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:56:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Free wheel weights=Free bullets+Reloading =

I spend more money now as a reloader, but I have ALOT more bullets...
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:58:19 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

100%

More like 87%.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:58:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Peak ammo is upon us!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:58:38 PM EDT
[#14]
this is kinda a "no shit" thing.  we've been seeing ammo prices steadily climb for the past few years.  Even Wolf is going up.  the real question is where it will top out at.  i'm betting 30-35 cents per shot for .223, 50-70 cents per shot for 308, and 25-30 cents for 7.62x39

who wants to get in on the betting?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:00:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Newsflash for the incredibly dense:

All prices of everything to go up.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:00:30 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

100%

More like 87%.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:07:32 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Newsflash for the incredibly dense:

All prices of everything to go up.

Not really - look at the prices of consumer electronics, PC's, monitors, etc. Some things are dropping and will continue to do so.

Some things go up because of scarcity, others things go down because of new efficiencies. Thats why there really isn't anything like general inflation (i.e. the cost of all items) without an increase in the money supply (courtesy of the government). With a static money supply, there really can only be inflation in individual items, with an correllating drop in other items to make up for rise in prices.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top