Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2006 5:29:47 AM EDT
Right now if you were to go to any news site you will see that; we are going to be out of oil and fall back into the dark ages, economy is on the verge of collapse, Iran wants to nuke us, Syria wants to fight us, Korea wants to nuke us, governments are stealing private land, the southern boarder is being over-runned, Iraq is falling into civil war, bird flu is heading this way, liberals are wanting to take more of our money.

I like being informed but damn, would me nice to hear something positive for a change.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:32:39 AM EDT
[#1]
oh i agree... 100%
these are strange times for sure.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:33:14 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Right now if you were to go to any news site you will see that; we are going to be out of oil and fall back into the dark ages, economy is on the verge of collapse, Iran wants to nuke us, Syria wants to fight us, Korea wants to nuke us, governments are stealing private land, the southern boarder is being over-runned, Iraq is falling into civil war, bird flu is heading this way, liberals are wanting to take more of our money.

I think what we're seeing here is that not only can news sources be biased, but readers can choose to read the news with whatever bias they want.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:33:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:34:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Look on the bright side...................................shit I got nothin, sorry
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:34:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:37:36 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

i just saved 200 dollars a month on car insurance by turning 25 last saturday    

im a pessimist.   i work with computers.  All i see is virus, harddrives go back.  customers loose their important data.     All i see if negative stuff all day.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:40:08 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Damn you.

I was gonna type that.

Hmm.....My sister got a new car?  A civic cuz her Malibu is a piece of shit.  That's positive news?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:41:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Stop watching the news and you will feel better.  Honestly.

It's all hype anyway.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:42:43 AM EDT
[#9]
It could be worse.

It could be raining.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:43:37 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
It could be worse.

It could be raining.  

Actully rain would be very good.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:45:28 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Stop watching the news and you will feel better.  Honestly.

It's all hype anyway.

Seriously, turn off the TV.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:45:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
It could be worse.

It could be raining.  

I was in Downtown Seattle at the Courthouse pouring yesterday.

Sunshine, Female State Policewoman workin the jobsite (great smile)........

And a squall blows in from nowhere. Raining sideways.

I was soaked in seconds.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:46:13 AM EDT
[#13]
My daughter just learned how to walk.  It's absolutely adorable and fun to watch!  That's pretty cool!

Don't get hung up on materialistic crap.  What matters in life is family, friends, and achieving personal goals.

Gitrdone......and quit groaning.  This isn't about that business deal gone south is it?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:47:10 AM EDT
[#14]
I have no problem being positive.

I look at where I came from, then look at where I'm at. I'm blessed, I know it, and would be a fool to think otherwise.

I worked damned hard for most of my younger years, like 16 hrs a day hard. I partied just as hard. I've had a great time and love myself and am good to the people I know.

On bad days my cup is running over.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:48:37 AM EDT
[#15]
The oil/Iran thing is starting to really weigh  on my mind.   I really don't want to pay $4-$5 a gallon this summer.   I look forward to summer all year long, knowing I won't be working, and be able to spend lots of time with my  boys fishing, hunting, and screwing around in the mountains at our cabin.   It's 3hrs away, and we just won't be able to afford to go there if gas is that expensive.

I agree.  I'm tired of bad news.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:50:20 AM EDT
[#16]
What the hell is this "rain" of which so many of you speak???

As far as bad days, go.....it could always be worse.

You could be living in AFRICA....where EVERYTHING and EVERYONE is probably going to try to kill you at one point or another.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:56:08 AM EDT
[#17]
You must be young.

While I'm not old, I have realized that any morning you wake up is a positive thing
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:57:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Here's a bit of good news.

SOG has Yugo SKS's for $90.

I circumvented the [chickenlittle] AMMO SHORTAGE [/chickenlittle] by reloading 2500 rounds of .223.  I bought 2k of Aussie 7.62 last winter & have a fall back stash.  

Additionally, Ebay been bery bery gud to me.  Folks have been throwing money at me & soon I'll have enough to get the AR50 I NEED

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:57:54 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
It could be worse.

It could be raining.  

I love that movie!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:00:45 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
You must be young.

While I'm not old, I have realized that any morning you wake up is a positive thing

My grandfather used tell me that in his later years he was thrilled to have a normal bowel movement.

It's all in perspective I guess!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:04:43 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I like being informed but damn, would me nice to hear something positive for a change.

+1 on stop watching the bad news. Ignore the stuff that makes you unhappy. The news isn't about informing you anymore, it's about ratings. They know that the best way for them to get ratings for their news program is to constantly jump from one crisis to another, even if most of them are total nonsense. So, you're giving yourself a heart attack or something from stress for the sake of some Liberal hack reporter's ratings.

I listen to Rush Limbaugh whenever I can, just because he's so positive. It seems like every other talk show host out there is all doom and gloom, the evil Liberals/Conservatives are taking over and there's nothing we can do sort of stuff. Give him a try if you want to feel more positive.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:07:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Take a vacation.  No TV.  No News.  No General Discussion, only Jason280BOTD!!!

/I AM staying at a Holiday Inn Express this week!!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:09:04 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
My daughter just learned how to walk.  It's absolutely adorable and fun to watch!  That's pretty cool!

Don't get hung up on materialistic crap.  What matters in life is family, friends, and achieving personal goals.

Gitrdone......and quit groaning.  This isn't about that business deal gone south is it?

Is she doing the Frankenstien walk with her hands over her head?  I love the Toddler stage.  You didn't post first birthday pictures either, what's up with that?  Whoops, I was trying to be positive.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:10:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Look, I'm not old but I do remeber other times when it was all gloom and doom. The cold war? We had Russians and Chinese about to nuke us, the oil issue was there and we were all going to end up in some Mad Max world fighting for cans of dog food. We made it through then and we will make it through what is happening now. Relax. No sense worrying about it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:11:25 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I have no problem being positive.

I look at where I came from, then look at where I'm at. I'm blessed, I know it, and would be a fool to think otherwise.

I worked damned hard for most of my younger years, like 16 hrs a day hard. I partied just as hard. I've had a great time and love myself and am good to the people I know.

On bad days my cup is running over.

Yes Sir, Keep that additude. It can be contagious. Alot of people should reflect on their life and would feel like you do. Good going........
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:11:35 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is she doing the Frankenstien walk with her hands over her head?  I love the Toddler stage.  You didn't post first birthday pictures either, what's up with that?  Whoops, I was trying to be positive.

I'll post em momentarily in the team forum!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:13:35 AM EDT
[#27]
The solution is to stop watching CNN.

The mainstream media is populated with liberals whose mission in life is to get liberals back in control of government. They will supress any positive story and highlight negative stories in order to tarnish Republicans. Terry McAuliffe, former chair of the DNC, let slip that the news media is worth +15% to Democrats when it comes time to vote.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:28:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Waddya mean it could be raining. It is here
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:34:20 AM EDT
[#29]
well.. you could be in africa on the eubola river, watching all of your friends and relatives bodies float down the river as you starve to death and wait on the UN to drop a sack of grain out of the back of a truck and hope you can fill you tin cup with some before you die of aids..

could be worse.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:50:34 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

To some extent this is what I call old man disease.  A lot of guys as they get older get way too cynical and negative.  There is also a urge by the news media to make it look like the world is going to hell in a handbasket.  The same things you listed above were happening in the 1990s but you rarely heard about them and they certainly weren't emphasized.  

I honestly expect a better future for myself and my kids.  It will be a different life from what I lived 40 years ago, or today, but I still expect it to be better.  

GunLvr
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:52:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top