Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2006 11:13:29 PM EDT
I'm looking at buying this router tool its $119 and has a table and a 2 1/8 (11,500 to 28,000 RPM) motor and 1/4” collet. Id like to know if this is a good brand to buy. It's a lot cheaper then any of the other ones I'm looking at. I just don't want to spend the money on something that is junk its made by Yukon tools. Thanks for the help

www.heartlandamerica.com/browse/item.asp?product=router-table-kit&PIN=38868&GUID=26276262-8078-4405-B29E-C86B3B647279&BC=S&DL=SEH1
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:53:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't tell you anything about the router, but the table is a piece of crap. Somebody gave me one once.  You will not be happy with it.

Everything looks like it's made in China and seems overpriced.  If you don't mind cheaper tools, check out Harbor Freight and at least save some money.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:31:53 AM EDT
[#2]
You will outgrow that quicker than you can get it out of the box. Some key features you want

Motor with a 1/2" collet. 1/2" shank bits are more stable and safer at high speeds
Independent adjustments for fence positioning
Unrestricted stock hold down placements
A cut-out in the top to accept bits up to 3 1/2" in diameter.
3/4" slot milled into the top for a miter gauge
Good router tables have hieght adjustment features above the table which is far easier and accurate to adjust the right height. (especially important with matched cutter sets)

Remember a router table is a poor mans shaper. Do not try to save a few bucks at the cost of your fingers or stock that looks like it was done by hand.

ETA check out Freud model # Model FREPKG0024
http://internationaltool.com/freudrouters.htm
It's a good sytem to start out with
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:28:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the help on this you guys saved me a lot of money. That Model FREPKG0024 look like a nice one and I might just go with that evrything else that price was less then 1hp.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top