Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/7/2006 4:10:31 AM EDT
We all talk and speculate on when and how it'll happen and how we can prepare. Not to go all mall ninja but what would you do if SHTF right now?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:12:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Right now ? I would go to work,I need the cash.But if it happens when I get out of work,I would just log on to ARFCOM and start a thread asking what I should do because the shit has now hit the fan.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:21:01 AM EDT
[#2]
It all depends on what S, H what particular F.

If New York went up in a nuclear fireball I would have a different reaction than if I looked outside and saw zombies.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:24:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Ahhh, the question that every noob must ask.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:28:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a brick of .22...... lock and load....

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:34:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Ok then to be more specific what would happen if you look out your office window and saw 28 days later type zombie mayhem?  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:37:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Ok then to be more specific what would happen if you look out your office window and saw 28 days later type zombie mayhem?  

Poop my pants because all I have is M855 and M193 - no Mk262.
Obviously, nothing less than Mk262 ammo can kill anything larger than squirrels reliably.
Also, my AR does not have enough rails and lights.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:42:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, If a zombie scenario occured, then I would get my zombie gun. If something like new Orleans happened, I would get my New Orleans m3 super 90 looter special. If teotwawki happened, I'd bend over and pray to the almighty allah/jehouva/god/buddah/vishnu that he/she/it spare me before kissing my ass goodbye.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:44:05 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Damn, a whole brick?  man you are ready!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:44:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Gather up friends, family and consolidate their plans with mine.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:47:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Well, If a zombie scenario occured, then I would get my zombie gun. If something like new Orleans happened, I would get my New Orleans m3 super 90 looter special. If teotwawki happened, I'd bend over and pray to the almighty allah/jehouva/god/buddah/vishnu that he/she/it spare me before kissing my ass goodbye.

Why the fuck do people insist on clinging to shotguns?
What does a shotgun do for people that they insist it is the end all be all of home defense?
The short range?
The low round count in mags?
The heavy ammunition?
The crude sights?
The lack of an ability to make precise shots?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:59:35 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What does a shotgun do for people that they insist it is the end all be all of home defense?
The short range?
The heavy ammunition?
The crude sights?

Do you remember the part that we were talking about a zombie uprising?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:01:19 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The short range?
The heavy ammunition?
The crude sights?

Maybe it's the

Devestating short-range effects
Lack of needing to aim at close range
Ability to spew out some 100+ .38 cal balls in less than 5 seconds
Total and complete reliability, especially in manually operated ones
Ease of ammunition aquisition should supply problems crop up

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:03:38 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The short range?
The heavy ammunition?
The crude sights?

The simplicity of a pump action?
The commonality of ammo?
The ease of maintainance?
The level of comfort with it's use?
the low cost (compartitivly) to practice?

I have a shotty in my inventory...not my choice, but, doesn't mean
it's a bad choice.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:04:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Call the police    they are my number 1 speed dial on my cell phone, you know just in case
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:09:45 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The short range?
The heavy ammunition?
The crude sights?

Whoa, my post was not meant to be serious! Now, as for home defense, I never said it was the end all be all. So, don't try to drum up an argument that never existed. Also, as for shotguns, why not? I think another person already covered the positives. Ya gotta think positive man.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:15:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Celebrate 'cause I finally get to use some of the crap I've been collecting for the last 20 years?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:16:18 AM EDT
[#17]
i'd leave work, for sure
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:03:14 AM EDT
[#18]
I would cammie up, strip down to a loin cloth, and stand at the end of my cul-de-sac.  With a FAL in one hand and a walkie talkie in the other, I would dance a curious jig and make loud guttural noises.

Florida chicks dig this...
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:04:04 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

You better start stocking up on .38 ammo as well.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:05:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Get on top of the Kennedy Bridge.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:05:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Tell my wife; "See I told you so !"
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:07:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Crawl under my bed and hope they don't find me.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:10:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Log on to AR15.com to see what everyone else is doing.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:11:20 AM EDT
[#24]
So, what if it did?

I'd do what I need to do.  Follow my plans, based on the scenario as it develops
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:15:07 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

...Lack of needing to aim at close range...

So at close range do you just rely on Allah to guide your shot?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:15:25 AM EDT
[#26]
* Bug home

* Pack everything up

* LOAD ALL MAGS

* Fill every container I have up with clean tap water

* Attempt comms with family

* Attempt to gather as much info as possible and make decisions

* Listen for gunfire/explosions

* Avoid gunfire/explosions

I didn't put numbers on the points because there are things that are interchangeable.

BTW Check out the survival forum... You'll learn all you need to know there
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:17:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Right now my "bug-out bag" consists of an Uzi, with 147 rounds already loaded  in mags.  10 pre-loaded 30 rounders for my AR. 50 rounds of 00 buck and 15 sluggs for my Beretta 1201 FP.  Extra 200 rounds 9mm for the Uzi and the Beratta 92fs Vertec(3 pre-loaded 15 rounders for that). Water, food, first aid, radios, Ka-Bar, some extra clothes.  I can be out of my apartment with all that in about 2 minutes.  In my truck and in the mountians in about 30 min.

It's a start.  Needs more work.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:19:14 AM EDT
[#28]
I'd start drinkin' early!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:21:59 AM EDT
[#29]
I'd run home, load up whatever I can in my car(food, water, guns, ammo, couple extra fuel cans), and come back out here to nowhere.  Then I'd toss my football around with some co-workers.

Quoted:
Celebrate 'cause I finally get to use some of the crap I've been collecting for the last 20 years?

This one gets my vote for best answer.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:22:13 AM EDT
[#30]
I would change the title of my "To Do List" to "Things that would have kept me from dying". That way if anyone finds my body they will know I knew what I needed to do to get prepared.  

I'd be seriously screwed.  I'm at work with 25 miles and the Ohio River between me and home. But I do have 4 bagels, 2 apples and 7 cans of Diet Coke at my desk so at least I could eat for a day or two.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:24:52 AM EDT
[#31]
I'd hit it one last time. And true to arfcom tradition, i'd "hit both".
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:49:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Maybe we should have designated ARFCOM rally points / protection zones in each state in case the SHTF.  Since most likely the internet will be down in the event of SHTF, we will lose our connection to the hive and be unable to think on our own.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:54:02 AM EDT
[#33]
I think I would grab all of my firearms and bug out bag and throw them in the truck. Then, I'd steal one of the OSU busses(I used to be a bus driver) and drive right into the middle of the oval. I'd then sit on top of the bus and wait for the zombies to show up! While waiting, I would be broadcasting on the local repeaters as well as a randomly selected fm broadcast frequency. I would be asking only for hot women to join me to carry on the human race. Sound like a plan?

ETA: My birthday's tomorrow. This would be a wonderful birthday present.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:54:58 AM EDT
[#34]
I would run to the bathroom and get the last flush in.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:55:56 AM EDT
[#35]
I would start by getting off the damn computer.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:58:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Grab my Jack Bauer edition tactical nap sac and run for the hills.Then call Chuck Norris and tell him all you bastards called him a wuss and spend the rest of my long life going from Arfcom house to Arfcom house restocking my gear and making sure not to step in whats left of your bloody spines.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:58:30 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Maybe we should have designated ARFCOM rally points / protection zones in each state in case the SHTF.  Since most likely the internet will be down in the event of SHTF, we will lose our connection to the hive and be unable to think on our own.

We've already got that angle covered on the survival forum.  We hold radio nets on HF; station-to-station.  No internet, telephone, or other infrastructure to worry about.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:01:46 AM EDT
[#38]
I would cook up a nice steak.  It might be awhile before I can do that again.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:31:27 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
* Bug home

* Pack everything up

* LOAD ALL MAGS

* Fill every container I have up with clean tap water

* Attempt comms with family

* Attempt to gather as much info as possible and make decisions

* Listen for gunfire/explosions

* Avoid gunfire/explosions

I didn't put numbers on the points because there are things that are interchangeable.

BTW Check out the survival forum... You'll learn all you need to know there

This you should already have done
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:32:18 AM EDT
[#40]
I wont go hungry.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:37:23 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

* LOAD ALL MAGS

This you should already have done

You haven't seen my mag stash.

I have one loadout good-to-go... But I'm not going to load every one of them yet.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:39:42 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I would cammie up, strip down to a loin cloth, and stand at the end of my cul-de-sac.  With a FAL in one hand and a walkie talkie in the other, I would dance a curious jig and make loud guttural noises.

Florida chicks dig this...

I cannot stop laughing...that's great!

HH
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:40:20 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We've already got that angle covered on the survival forum.  We hold radio nets on HF; station-to-station.  No internet, telephone, or other infrastructure to worry about.

Yep.
We also have uber-l33t patches, so we can ID each other.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:44:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Zombies?

Go home,
board up all the windows and doors (just like in the book I Am Legend )
make molitovs out of my empty beer bottles
go up on the roof with ARs and 10/22 with SHEISLEGEND and play "Headshot" and "BBQ in the Cul de Sac"

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:48:40 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

...Lack of needing to aim at close range...

So at close range do you just rely on Allah to guide your shot?

Hey, look, a bad guy in front of me. I can just point the boomstick loaded with 00-buck at him and pull the trigger, or I can spend another 5 seconds of my life shouldering, aiming, and then shooting.

Let me think about that one a second.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:55:25 AM EDT
[#46]
I'd have to go buy milk... we're running low. Oh, pick my wife up from work and son from school. Did I leave the iron on?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:17:13 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:11:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Well since I'm posting from the Library at Shaw AFB, F-16s and 9thAF, AND all my SHTF stuff is back in Southern CAlifornia, I guess I'ld just sit around and watch the fun.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:32:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Well...if the SHTF right now....I have a pocket knife, a flashlight, and a really cheap airsoft AR-15 knock-off, all with in about 5 feet. Across the shop I have a great big tool box with a bunch of stuff in it.

I suppose I could beat somone/thing to death with a 2 1/2" wrench, or shoot them in the eye with the air soft.

If I look hard enough, I might be able to find a 2x4 with a big rusty nail in it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:37:26 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Tell my wife; "See I told you so !"

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top