Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2006 8:44:04 PM EDT
20 years ago this kind of shit would have been unthinkable.  I can't even begin to imagine what the next 20 years will look like.

This is the result of people being raised with no no concept of "actions have consequences".  

www.local6.com/news/7745611/detail.html

Police: 7 Teens Invaded Homes For 'Adrenaline Rush'

POSTED: 12:09 pm EST March 6, 2006
UPDATED: 4:29 pm EST March 6, 2006

Police in Palm Bay, Fla., arrested seven teens in the last several days wanted in connection with a series of home break-ins that were apparently committed because the group wanted an "adrenaline rush," according to a police report.

David Deluna, 18, Matt Rivera, 19, and a 16-year-old were charged with grand theft and burglary charges Monday. Another four suspects were taken into custody and charged on Friday, Local 6 News partner Florida Today reported.

"When these three realized that we were looking for them on Friday, they left together and went to the beach," said Jesse Suelter, a Palm Bay detective working on the case. "We arrested one on Saturday and found the other two sleeping at their residences today."

Police said the seven teens knew each other from work and school. All came from upper middle class homes but told authorities they carried out the crimes for "an adrenaline rush," Suelter told Florida Today.

The teens randomly picked homes to break into during the day and early evening, Suelter said. In one home they stole a gun. In others, cash, electronics and jewelry were taken.

He also said the teens would ring doorbells and if they did not get an answer they would kick in the doors.

"The suspects were very arrogant and the attitude they had was unbelievable. I explained the possibility that one of them could get hurt or shot. One of them told us that he was a big boy and that 'I think I could take 'em,' " Suelter said.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:46:38 PM EDT
[#1]
20 years ago shit just like that was going on, you just weren’t privy to it.

Thing are getting better.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:48:23 PM EDT
[#2]
They would have needed all the adrenalin they could get to get away from my dogs.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:49:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I wonder what a couple of 5.56 rounds would do to their 'adrenaline rush'
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:49:35 PM EDT
[#4]
It sounds like A Clockwork Orange, doesn't it?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:49:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Hopefully this thread is a wakeup call for the people that think they don't need to lock their doors when they're home since "nothing happens where they live"...

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:50:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
20 years ago shit just like that was going on, you just weren’t privy to it.

Thing are getting better.

+1.  we went over the matter of percieved crime rates in a criminal justice class i took.  each generation believes the crime they experience is far worse than the crime of earlier generations when the truth is that crime rates have actually been lowering for a very long time.

oh, and if they tried that shit here, the police would be coming to pick up seven dead bodies that tried to invade this home.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:50:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Actually, 20 years ago steroids were gaining popularity with teens and some of them
were doing things like buying cheap cars and running them into trees "for the rush"
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:52:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Darwin must be on vacation
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:55:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Darwin must be on vacation

They just didn't come to my house.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:59:59 PM EDT
[#10]
how about a "lead rush"?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top