Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 3/5/2006 9:53:51 PM EDT
We've been over this a hundred times but it never fails to entertain.  Industrial civilization will come to a close within fifteen years due to a lack of fossil fuels for transportation, crashing the US economy and all others, and the carrying capacity of the Earth will resume its normal <1 billion human population.

Peak oil production on this planet is right fucking now.  No doubt about it, we are at peak production, and several billion new users of oil are lining up at the pumps and they want more.  And they will pay for it, and there will be competition for scarce resources.

The poor die first, the rich die last.

The US economy will not grow again, the stock market will only rise in step with inflation.  Gold and silver will outperform the S&P from this point forward on a rolling 1-year basis.  If you don't have it now, you will never have it.  All hope is lost.

If you have any annuities, cash them out immediately and use your surrender value to purchase anything that will cause your life to continue.  Ammo, food, water, whatever.  Convert pixels to real wealth immedaitely.

Primitive skills will be worth something.  Grinding it out in Human Resources at GE will be worthless.

Prepare yourselves or starve in the streets, I will have no mercy on your worthless hides.

The bottom line is this.  Oil is a finite resource and will be gone at some point.  Unfortunately, we are past the halfway point and are on borrowed time.  If our forefathers were wiser, they would have built trains to carry goods to the market, but they were shortsighted and stupid, so we are stuck with trucks.  Very soon, gas and diesel will rise in price to the point that it would be useless to drive to work in the morning.

And then, we will deal with the aftermath.

Dieoff.

In my opinion, 95% of the human race will die off, and the remaining 5% will be the most vicious and greedy of the lot.  Jesus would be ashamed of the behavior of the survivors.

If you have any questions about the coming dieoff and resulting cataclysm, feel free to post them here.  I will answer.

Unleash your inner Chimp, and be free!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:54:38 PM EDT
[#1]
When is the apocalypse coming?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:59:56 PM EDT
[#2]
will there be boobs
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:00:20 PM EDT
[#3]
how much 9mm, 5.56 and .45 do we need to live through the apocalypse?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:00:34 PM EDT
[#4]
So, whats the predicted availability of hookers n blow? I get pretty grumpy when I dont have my daily allowance of hookers n blow.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:01:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
will there be boobs

There better be, or I'm not coming
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:02:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Better question, what have YOU done to prepare? What measures have you taken? What kind of stockpiles of supplies do you have?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:02:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Here we go again...

btw- Where's your bunker?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:02:36 PM EDT
[#8]
What is your favorite color?

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:05:04 PM EDT
[#9]
are there horsemen involved?

are they gay?

How do I get on the guest list for the Jesus water into wine event?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:06:06 PM EDT
[#10]
It's nice to see that someone shares almost the exact thoughts I have on this subject.  However, a competent geologist that I spoke to said that the South American oil supply is at its peak, but the Middle Eastern supply wont be for 15 years or so (I think this is what he said).  However, if one considers China and a possible grab for resources, that might get pushed up a bit.  I love how nobody takes this seriously, it has always seemed the most likely way the world would end to me (along with disease).  The Earth simply has too many people living on it.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:06:14 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I would say 2010 is an outside number.  At the farthest reaches of imagination, 2010 is the beginning.  I think a more likely scenario is 2007-2008.

Keep in mind that peak oil is an absolute certainty at some point.  There is no doubt that peak oil is coming and that it will impact your life.  Call your Congressman and ask him/her if they have heard of this and whether they have any plans to deal with it.  I have called the mayor of my city, my local state congressperson, my national congressperson, the governor's office, and my senator's office.  At each stage, I had to explain what PO was and how it could affect things.

Nobody is going to help you.

We are each on our own.

Go to the Survival Forum and read.  Learn something useful.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:07:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
will there be boobs

If you have food, there will be boobs.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:07:46 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
how much 9mm, 5.56 and .45 do we need to live through the apocalypse?

How good a shot are you?  How long do you want to live?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:08:46 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

If you have any annuities, cash them out immediately and use your surrender value to purchase anything that will cause your life to continue.  Ammo, food, water, whatever.  Convert pixels to real wealth immedaitely.

How is the occurrence of Peak Ammo going to hinder your plan ? (I think TheRedHorseman was onto something)

Quoted:
I think that we've reached peak production of 7.62x39 and 5.45x39 ammo, that's why it is hard to come by.  everyone needs to write their congresscritters and let them know about the dangers of peak ammo, it could destroy society as we know it!

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:09:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Google Club of Rome, you faggot

You think you're smart?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:09:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
So, whats the predicted availability of hookers n blow? I get pretty grumpy when I dont have my daily allowance of hookers n blow.

I predict the availability of hookers and blow to be 100%.  If you want to make a run to the Adelita Bar then I'm game, I have no morals whatsoever.  I have been there before and I have fucked plenty of whores.  Bring it on.  The whores are good there and I'm ready for more.  IM me if you want to go.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:09:53 PM EDT
[#17]
At last, I finally get to kick some ass.
J/K!
Now I am not quite as doom and gloom about it as you though I see some pretty heavy shit coming our way. But <1 bil population. I just don't see that at all. Even if worse comes to worse with an economic collapse and WWIII, both of which I do expect, I would say MAYBE 1.5 bil dead tops.  And most all of that will be in Asia IMO.

Anyone out there know how to rub two sticks together?!!?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:10:12 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would say 2010 is an outside number.  At the farthest reaches of imagination, 2010 is the beginning.  I think a more likely scenario is 2007-2008.

Keep in mind that peak oil is an absolute certainty at some point.  There is no doubt that peak oil is coming and that it will impact your life.  Call your Congressman and ask him/her if they have heard of this and whether they have any plans to deal with it.  I have called the mayor of my city, my local state congressperson, my national congressperson, the governor's office, and my senator's office.  At each stage, I had to explain what PO was and how it could affect things.

We are each on our own.

Even if your brand of crazy turns out true I suspect many people on here are already prepared, in other words you're preaching to the choir.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:13:04 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

You think you're smart?

20 years from now we'll decide who's smarter.  I think I'm smarter than you are.

I'll put a bottle of wine up today.  You want a sip, you outlive me.  IM me with some kind of way to identify you and it's yours.  I bet I'll outlive you.  I'll pour out a sip for the brothers that didn't make it today.

Git some, or go home.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:13:39 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We are each on our own.

Even if your brand of crazy turns out true I suspect many people on here are already prepared, in other words you're preaching to the choir.

I'd put it closer to 2030-40.  I haven't done much research on the subject, but once oil runs out I think we will switch to natural gas.  That's if civil order is still in place when oil runs out.  This isn't paranoia, it's thinking of the future.  I don't let it interfere with my daily life, it's inevitible.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:14:28 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Better question, what have YOU done to prepare? What measures have you taken? What kind of stockpiles of supplies do you have?

Water for 17 days, food for 90 days.  Pitiful I know, but I will add to the stockpile.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:15:21 PM EDT
[#22]
I only have one problem with the peak oil idea.  Why would all of the dynasaurs die in a few locations in massive numbers?

IMO, and from some items Ive read, oil is something produced in the earths core, and bubbles up into hollow points in the earths crust.  We might 'peak oil' the deposits that we now know about, but there will be more somewhere.

The real problem is that we maintain a dependance on so called fossile fules when there are plenty of viable alternatives on the table.

Oh and FTR, I personally still think your ultimately right.  By 2015 the planet will not be what it is now.

Im locked and cocked 24/7 so I really dont give a fuck.  Im just getting impatient.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:15:23 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I'd put it closer to 2030-40.  I haven't done much research on the subject, but once oil runs out I think we will switch to natural gas.  That's if civil order is still in place when oil runs out.  This isn't paranoia, it's thinking of the future.  I don't let it interfere with my daily life, it's inevitible.  

Looks like NG is gonna peak before oil will.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:16:22 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We are each on our own.

Rubbish.
2015-2025 or so.
Expect the Chicoms to run Japan's WWII game plan but do so better by concentrating their efforts in Asia, using their Navy to move men and materials around southestern Asia and use their sub fleet to keep us from moving any forces into the area similar to what Germany tried in WWII.

Let's also remember that The entire world took on basically 2 nations and had a tough time defeating them. China will be a very tough apponent. And if they get Russia, or the ME for allies it could be a real mess.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:16:31 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You think you're smart?

20 years from now we'll decide who's smarter.  I think I'm smarter than you are.

I'll put a bottle of wine up today.  You want a sip, you outlive me.  IM me with some kind of way to identify you and it's yours.  I bet I'll outlive you.  I'll pour out a sip for the brothers that didn't make it today.

Git some, or go home.

Whether I outlive isnt the issue but am 100% game to bet, name what it is over
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:17:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Peak-
How old are you?

I'm not trying to bias on age, but I am curious.  Seems that people <30 yrs. are always pushing this, and people >40 are saying the opposite.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:19:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Damned Jehovah's Witnesses.

Now you've really outed yourself.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:19:17 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Peak-
How old are you?

I'm not trying to bias on age, but I am curious.  Seems that people <30 yrs. are always pushing this, and people >40 are saying the opposite.

I think the reason for that is people over 40 already lived through one gas crisis. In the gas shortage in the early 70's we were able to work through it by seeking sources of oil elsewhere. It wasnt a global peak. Thus, those older people have seen one come and go, and due to that real life experience they think they understand whats coming.

Whats coming is a global peak. There is no other country and no other source to go to. Its ALL being depleted.

My $.02
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:20:06 PM EDT
[#29]
I have no problem with cannibalism.  My hand pump vacuum packer and the cold Artic north will allow me to keep meat for years.  I should do alright compared to those with the whole "I won't eat people" hangup.  I don't have to outlive everyone... just the 95% that'll die off in the first few years, which shouldn't be hard since they are made of meat.

Besides, I don't need oil.  I take the bus.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:20:09 PM EDT
[#30]
who wins the 2008 election? I need to know before 2008 so I know how much of my soul to sell in return for guns...based on your "knowledge" of course
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:20:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Ok, how much will plain cheeseburger 1/4 pounders cost at McDonald's?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:21:12 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I only have one problem with the peak oil idea.  Why would all of the dynasaurs die in a few locations in massive numbers?

IMO, and from some items Ive read, oil is something produced in the earths core, and bubbles up into hollow points in the earths crust.  We might 'peak oil' the deposits that we now know about, but there will be more somewhere.

The real problem is that we maintain a dependance on so called fossile fules when there are plenty of viable alternatives on the table.

Oh and FTR, I personally still think your ultimately right.  By 2015 the planet will not be what it is now.

Im locked and cocked 24/7 so I really dont give a fuck.  Im just getting impatient.

There is no viable alternative.  We humans will kill each other to secure that which we need.

Fuck it, bring it on!  Next!  I carry a gun all the time and I'm waiting for an excuse to kill.  Come on, try to steal my car, fuck with my woman, etc.  Come on, try it fuckers!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:21:50 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is no viable alternative.  We humans will kill each other to secure that which we need.

Fuck it, bring it on!  Next!  I carry a gun all the time and I'm waiting for an excuse to kill.  Come on, try to steal my car, fuck with my woman, etc.  Come on, try it fuckers!

You need help dude.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:21:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Have you been drinking again?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:22:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Will Lootie still be drinking Heiniken?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:22:57 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Will Arsenio Hall ever have another tv show?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:23:26 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I know I will be!  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:23:34 PM EDT
[#38]
We all know that our government has the next energy source all lined up for us.They are protecting us and would not let oil or lack of it bring our country down because they live here too. Hydrogen, natural gas, or solar, or warp core engines are all lined up.But I was thinking about buying some more ammo and other supplies just for fun anyways!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:24:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Is brokeback mountain part of the peak oiling conspiracy?  Will it truly be "only the STRONG survive"?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:24:49 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Peak-
How old are you?

I think the reason for that is people over 40 already lived through one gas crisis. In the gas shortage in the early 70's we were able to work through it by seeking sources of oil elsewhere. It wasnt a global peak. Thus, those older people have seen one come and go, and due to that real life experience they think they understand whats coming.

Whats coming is a global peak. There is no other country and no other source to go to. Its ALL being depleted.

My $.02

I agree that it is finite, but I have heard this crap for decades...  Convince me that the arabs and OPEC don't control the supply and I will be satisfied.  As I look at it now, we have plenty of time to come up with alternative fuels.  Fucking liberals hate nuke plants, and everything else that gives them power, but we can overcome them as time passes.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:26:04 PM EDT
[#41]

If you have any questions about the coming dieoff and resulting cataclysm, feel free to post them here.  I will answer.

Unleash your inner Chimp, and be free!

What about unforseen technological advances in energy production?  Cold fusion? Could they be developed before oil becomes so scant that chaos rules?  What about lots and lots of nuclear energy?  What about megatons of renewable fuel through the use of bio type fuels?  

Give me your thoughts?  Ive always believed that demand would drive technology to develop answers to these questions.  You know, necessity is the mother of invention and all that.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:26:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Ask me anything about the coming apocalypse...

What should I wear?

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:27:52 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Ah yes, I remembered once again why I dont engage in threads started by the "survial" forum goers....logic seems to escape the majority of them, TJ usually has alot of insight and remains sane in his posts....

I dont need to get within "carry gun" range to steal your truck, my 300 WBY MAG Blaser R 93 will take out your gas tank, and my ranch is in the middle of no where.  So unless you got approx 2000 Acers of land to hide out on id the mid west, Id say, well pal, your the one whos fucked. Oh yea, and before your all, wheres your water etc, HA we got a well, well 4 actually, wind mills and two are 110 opperable, and yea, I will just shit in the woods with the Mule Deer !

I agree, he prolly reeks of booze and is drunk posting...
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:28:00 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Is brokeback mountain part of the peak oiling conspiracy?  Will it truly be "only the STRONG survive"?

OIL I can't quit you.....
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:28:10 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Peak-
How old are you?

My $.02

I agree that it is finite, but I have heard this crap for decades...  Convince me that the arabs and OPEC don't control the supply and I will be satisfied.  As I look at it now, we have plenty of time to come up with alternative fuels.  Fucking liberals hate nuke plants, and everything else that gives them power, but we can overcome them as time passes.

Of course they control the supply. But they dont control the source. Whats in the ground is in the ground, and there isnt anymore. Unfortunately exactly how much is there is all speculation, as those who have it sure as hell arent telling us how much is left. Based on some projections and recent studies, it doesnt look like theres any way they can maintain production for more then a few years at most, let alone increase production by any measurable amount without damaging the fields.

One thing is for certain. Time will tell.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:28:59 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

What should I wear?

As little as possible.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:31:03 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What should I wear?

As little as possible.

Now your sounding sane again
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:33:40 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

So this scenario fits your idea of an end of the world as we know it fantasy? Guess what, the lone wolf doesn't survive. If I want your shit, you will never see me, You will never hear the shot. And I won't be alone.

Regardless, if this scenario ever does come to pass, I picture you cowering in a burned out building someplace, alone, hungry, scared and waiting for someone, anyone to come and save you. Someone's coming alright, to put a bullet in your head.

I call that theory "Peak Life" because your life expectancy will be declining rapidly. Dumb ass.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:34:17 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What should I wear?

As little as possible.

Now your sounding sane again

At least it's something we can all agree on.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:34:27 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So this scenario fits your idea of an end of the world as we know it fantasy? Guess what, the lone wolf doesn't survive. If I want your shit, you will never see me, You will never hear the shot. And I won't be alone.

Regardless, if this scenario ever does come to pass, I picture you cowering in a burned out building someplace, alone, hungry, scared and waiting for someone, anyone to come and save you. Someone's coming alright, to put a bullet in your head.

I call that theory "Peak Life" because your life expectancy will be declining rapidly. Dumb ass.

Will you be my friend?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top