Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2006 8:19:03 PM EDT
I've got a license plate number that I need to find out who it belongs to. Is there any way for me to get the owner information on it?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:21:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Befriend a cop.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:22:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Got a few, just didnt want to call that favor in just yet. Wasnt sure if there was any other way to do this
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:23:44 PM EDT
[#3]
or a wrecker driver that does repo work

they run plates of cars parked at addresses where their target vehicle
is supposed to be, then go look at those addresses for their target vehicle
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:27:01 PM EDT
[#4]
here if we run the tags we get who the registered owner is then we can run a license check on them.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:40:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Use the internet. That information is available for a fee on many different websites.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:45:03 PM EDT
[#6]
give me 10,000 US dollars and I'll do it for you.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:54:11 PM EDT
[#7]

If you can help it... don't ask your cop friend.  There are 'need to know, right to know' policy for all department... you may put him in a position for breaking it.  If he volunteers... well, that's his issue

Try the 'net... that info is everywhere.  It's also worth to give DMV a try, you may get someone that's willing to help if you... depending on your story.  

~rc
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:57:05 PM EDT
[#8]
In your state it is a felony for a LEO to look up this info for you
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:07:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top