Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2006 3:16:46 PM EDT
ok, i have dvds, amd there are brats around. obviousely dvds+brats=a lot of wasted money on ruined dvds. so i got a burner, and a bunch of dvd-r. figure the brats can ruin a dozen copies for less than the cost of an origional.

so the burner came with the software dvd xcopy xpress. i love this software, it works great and the quality of the copies is fantastic. however, it is aparently a trial version only as today when i went to backup another disk it says my time is up and it won't let me do a damn thing.. excepy of course buy the full version.

so i bought it. but what i gon wasn't the xpress, but dvd xcopy deluxe. this is nothing like the express was, and i havn't been able to get the damn thing to copy one single disk all day. repeated emails to the vendor have gone unanswered. and i would really like to get the program i had to begin with..

from what i can tell, the xpress isn't supported any more. so i will try to get my money back as i was registering the xpress and got somthing entirely different. but i am wonering if anyone knows whare i can get the full version of xpress..

please help a guy rescue some valuable dvds from the scrap heap..
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:26:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Thought that program got banned? Well you can get DVD shrink it is free. But you also need DVD decryptor and that is banned. They both where free. I have them both on a CD.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:40:08 PM EDT
[#2]
They probably don't have full copies of "Express" even available, as it was just a trial-version of the full program.

You should still be able to use the program you bought to BURN the DVD's, you just need a ripping/decrypting program.
DVDDecryptor is one.
It takes about 10-15 minutes to "rip" the DVD to your hard-drive, into plain (unencrypted) VOB files. And then any DVD-burning program should be able to take the files on your computer and burn them to a DVD.

The website http://www.doom9.org/ has others on their download page.

It is really rather absurd that just as the PC is becoming the centerpiece of home-entertainment, the quality of movies produced is diving and the movie/DVD industry is set against letting people view their products on computers.
~
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:46:31 PM EDT
[#3]
hmmm, i would prefer the xcopy. but maby i could use something else.. as long as it isn't one of the half dozen or so programs i already have..
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:48:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Go to DVD43 and learn, but only if you promise to use your powers for good and never for evil...
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:49:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Download DVD Shrink
http://www.doom9.org/Soft21/Vobtools/dvdshrink32setup.zip

Download DVD Fab
http://www.doom9.org/Soft21/Rippers/DVDFabDecrypter29.exe

Buy a copy of Nero
http://ww2.nero.com/enu/index.html

Buy blank DVD disks

Or so I have been told.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:46:02 AM EDT
[#6]
You could just set the clock on your PC back a few weeks.  Most programs aren't smart enough to realize that it's not, e.g., May 17 2005 (for the trial version of Nero that I've been using for the last year -- don't bitch at me, I have a real copy that came with my burner, but the damn CD is in storage 8000 miles away, and I had to wipe and reinstall Windows after my Shuttle box fried itself).
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:11:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I use dvd shrink for ripping off copies of my dvds.  This program just requires a recent version of nero burning rom to do the burn.  

If I am copying the file to an avi file I use dvddecrypter to extract the dvd and then I use autogk to convert the file to an avi.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top