Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2006 9:27:26 PM EDT
There a "comedy" special on HBO right now, and I use "comedy" loosely because I don't know what else to call it and for the last 30 minutes I haven't even chuckled once.

A whole 1 1/2 hours I guess of "Whitey is bullshit" "Blacks always get the shaft" "Guns are the white devils tool" and other shit like that. It not even funny, but the audience seems to laughing.

He sucks!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:28:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh, Jeff Foxworthy is much funnier I think.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:29:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Occasionally he can be funny....but then again, a stopped clock is right twice a day.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:30:35 PM EDT
[#3]
He used to be...
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:36:31 PM EDT
[#4]
"Clear heels"

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:41:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Most of his material is pretty good.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:43:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Well I'll admit, that I started watching it again and I did laugh a little a couple of times, but that's because he's finally moved on from the race shit.

He might be mildly funny if he'd drop the whole race and politcal bullshit from his bit. That shit went on WAY to long, and it wasn't the least bit funny, saying shit like "I ain't affraid of Al qaeda, I'm affraid of Al cracka"  and other dumb shit that would considered racist if certain other people where to say the same things.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:46:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Most of his material is pretty good.

Really?

Not only does a lot of his material suck, but his voice is enough to make me want to start beaking things.

Like I said, if he's not crying about blacks getting fucked over and how bad guns are and how much he hates whitey, he's mildly ammusing at best.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:50:43 PM EDT
[#8]
LOL, there are certain things I think are hilarious. Like for instance when he says that the government is just a bunch of drug dealers, (was it chris rock who said that the government wants everyone to be on antidepressants so they are easier to control because they wont care anymore?) and when he talks about robitussin being the cure for everything. I dont really appreciate his comments about black and white people though....
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:54:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Have you heard his stuff about being on a street called MLK?  Or how to not get beat up by cops?  Or Black people vs. N______s?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:01:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Chris was funny, 15 years ago when he was playing pookie the crack head in New Jack City
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:14:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Chris was funny, 15 years ago when he was playing pookie the crack head in New Jack City

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:22:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I saw him at a club in NYC about 15 years ago, and he was not remotely funny.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:23:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Most of the jokes I hear Rock doing picks at all races equally. IMO, he is far from a guy crying that Blacks are constantly getting fucked over by "da man".
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:31:00 PM EDT
[#14]
not even remotely funny; not even slightly amusing.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:36:20 PM EDT
[#15]
I liked this one even though there's some racist stuff in it.

"How not to get your ass kicked by the police."

www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2458063?htv=12
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:39:01 PM EDT
[#16]
"I love black people, but I hate N*****s" would be one of his most famous routines, which I thought was pretty funny (it was an affirmative action race-bashing set )

"How NOT to get your ass kicked by the police" was another funny one.

He may be annoying, but he is far from a "blacks are getting beat down by the White Man" type of comedians, and beats the hell out of that Chapelle flake.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:39:24 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Most of the jokes I hear Rock doing picks at all races equally. IMO, he is far from a guy crying that Blacks are constantly getting fucked over by "da man".

You obviously haven't seen what I was watching. He couldn't have been crying about it any more clearly.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:44:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
"I love black people, but I hate N*****s" would be one of his most famous routines, which I thought was pretty funny (it was an affirmative action race-bashing set )

He may be annoying, but he is far from a "blacks are getting beat down by the White Man" type of comedians, and beats the hell out of that Chapelle flake.

Well I don't have a transcript obvioulsy, but saying things such as "Drugs are illegal because brown people make money off of it" "Alcohol and cigarettes are only legal because white people sell them, and that black people would be in prison if they sold cigarettes" "White people won't let black people have wealth".

Hmm, sounds like anti-white crying to me.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:09:45 PM EDT
[#19]
He says nasty things about Blacks..he says nasty things about Whites...Most of "Bigger and Blacker" had nothing to do with race. (I just skimmed the transcript) If your feelings are hurt write a letter.

www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/c/chris-rock-bigger-and-blacker-script.html

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:14:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Show me a black comedian who does not  use mostly racial material.  I would like to see a white comedian have the nards to do it in reverse, it would be a hoot.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:16:01 PM EDT
[#21]
I never liked his jokes
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:19:41 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well I don't have a transcript obvioulsy, but saying things such as "Drugs are illegal because brown people make money off of it" "Alcohol and cigarettes are only legal because white people sell them, and that black people would be in prison if they sold cigarettes" "White people won't let black people have wealth".

Wow, he must have changed his routine since I last paid attention to him.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:29:44 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow, he must have changed his routine since I last paid attention to him.

Either that or someone's being hypersensitive.

Here's a hint, if you're easily offended, stay away from stand up.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:33:28 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

- Sounds like a comedian pushing your buttons.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:16:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Chris rock is funny and takes more digs at black people than any other race. Anyone that thinks Chris Rock is some pro-black  anti white fanatic doesnt know shit
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:20:48 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Does anyone think Chris Rock is funny?

Yea.  He thinks he's funny.

1 out of 6,600,000,000 people world wide aint bad.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:28:17 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Chris rock is funny and takes more digs at black people than any other race. Anyway that thinks Chris Rock is some pro-black  fanatic doesnt know shit

+1

Funny guy. He was a little trying in the beginning when he thought he was the reincarnation of the 1984 Eddie Murphy though.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:56:01 AM EDT
[#28]
I liked his routine on OJ. "I don't agree with what he did, I'm just saying I understand."

Also his bit on liers. He thinks women are worse. "Men tell more lies. (I only stopped for one drink honey). Women tell the biggest lies (It's your baby!)"

Haven't seen him do standup in a couple'a years though.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:18:17 AM EDT
[#29]
How the F can you determinei if he is F-n funny if the one F'n word our of his F-ing mouth is F.

I would live to go into his house and talk the way he does when he enters other people's houses over cable TV.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:21:54 AM EDT
[#30]
They spinnin nigga they spinnin!
They spinnin nigga they spinnin!

That was funny.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:25:36 AM EDT
[#31]
There's only one bit of material that I thought was funny:

"In most towns you got two malls: The all-white mall, and the mall the white people USED to go to." "I love my black people, but I hate my black mall."

IIRC this was on SNL.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:59:22 AM EDT
[#32]
"When Martin Luther King was alive, what did he stand for?  Non-violence.  And what is Martin Luther King today?  A street in a black neighborhood.  And no matter where you are in America, if you're on Martin Luther King Drive, there's some VIOLENCE going down!  You call up a friend:

-Hey man, my car broke down.

-Where are you?

-On MLK Drive.

-Run!  Run, muthafucka!!  The MEDIA'S there!!!"

(the joke was that black people aren't really criminals, it's just the media that portrays them that way - hilarious and true).
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:09:34 AM EDT
[#33]
anyone that thinks he isn't funny needs to get a sense of humor.

empirically speaking, he's funny.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:13:14 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
DOES ANYONE THINK CHRIS ROCK IS FUNNY?

no.

next question.......
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:13:24 AM EDT
[#35]
I have never laughed at a Chris Rock joke. Period. Whites are the devil, blacks are oppressed. Blow me.

Now Chris Hart is one funny black guy.

Chris Rock is about as big of a douche bag as Richard Pryor was. (hated Richard Pryor, not one of his jokes were funny to me, I don't care how influential or groundbreaking he was)
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:27:29 AM EDT
[#36]
I think he is funny and usually very funny. He is so non-threatening in delivery and stature that I take no offense at what he says. It's comedy after all. It is meant to have a little truth mixed with distorted perceptions.

Now, some Richard Prior and Whoopy Goldberg stuff goes over board IMO. That goes for political and race related stints. Simply too personal, biggoted, and opinionated to be funny at times.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top