Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2006 4:56:17 PM EDT
I work with a guy that was in the USMC. He claims to have been in some kind of super secret MOS he cannot talk about. He said his record was sealed and they erased his SSN.

He seems to be a straight shooter, but I never heard of having your SSN erased. He said if he were to apply for a loan, it comes up all zeros.

WTF?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:59:20 PM EDT
[#1]
He is full of shit.  I was never an intel guy, and I can tell you that.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:02:37 PM EDT
[#2]
There is no MOS that does that.  I was intel.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:02:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:11:02 PM EDT
[#4]
And MOS is an Army term...
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:12:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I work with a guy that was in the USMC. He claims to have been in some kind of super secret MOS he cannot talk about. He said his record was sealed and they erased his SSN.

He seems to be a straight shooter, but I never heard of having your SSN erased. He said if he were to apply for a loan, it comes up all zeros.

WTF?

I think "it" means his bank account, not his SSN.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:20:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Undoubtedly it is. But not specific to the army.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:19:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Undoubtedly it is. But not specific to the army.

IIRC, the USMC, AF, and Navy have a different term for their skill designation codes (in addition to using a totally different code system)....

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:31:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Secret squirrel IM sent
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:35:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I was in an Intel field in the USAF (cryptographic equipment tech).

His story is BS

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:39:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:42:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:47:03 PM EDT
[#12]
I was Intel in the Marine Corps.

He's full of it.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:51:26 PM EDT
[#13]
OK, hes a nut job then. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:52:39 PM EDT
[#14]
MOS= military occupational specialty

next time you see him give him a tin foil hat
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:54:08 PM EDT
[#15]
As soon as an asshat starts telling you that he had clearances "so secret that ,,,", it's a trainload of BS.

When it's so, you will never know a thing about those clearances, or get a hint about his jobs.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:12:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:22:34 PM EDT
[#17]
I always get a laugh from these types.  During OIF I they took all the dweebs, cooks, and admin types that were left over and made them convoy control - that was a nightmare in itself, the leftovers from that were made into "intel" . . .go figure.  I remember this scrawny little LCpl walking around with a SAW like he was the hottest thing on the block . . . thing was he didn't have any ammo for it. . . . what a dink . . perhaps this is the same guy.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:33:28 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

WTF?

I have heard of some Special ops guys getting a whole new ID but their real life ID's were compromised while working in Columbia.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:54:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
He is full of shit.  I was never an intel guy, and I can tell you that.

+1

Full of shit - that is a CLASSIC bullshit-artist claim.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:10:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Hey, I was a Green Beret Seal secret agent for the Force Recon Team.

Really!

It was so classified that we had to fill out all our paperwork in crayon because they were afraid to give us anything sharp. We were so valuable, they didn't want us to get hurt.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:21:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:23:54 PM EDT
[#22]
He's probably a cook or POG.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:35:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Just like the black helicopters he probably see every night to make sure he dosent spill the beans
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:54:27 PM EDT
[#24]
There was this asshat intel guy in another unit that used to call me trying to get a secret courier card that was issued on base for people that carried secret documents around. Then later he upped the ante saying he was going to Belgium for a conference and needed the card so he could carry classified documents there. Of course an on-base only courier card would be no good for moving around overseas, but that didn’t stop him from trying.

I called base security on this guy every time but they never went after him. They said his own unit would not help him because he never in-processed through base security so there was no was no way they would issue him one either. He considered himself a super spy and didn’t want a paper trail created by in-processing.  Ohh well.

Another strange story is the guy who gets halfway through in-processing in an intel unit so he gets some official paperwork on the books, but does not happen to actually be in the Army. He then went to either Phoenix or Tucson AZ (I can’t remember which) and presents himself to the sheriff dept as the official Army liaison. They give him an office and let him go on drug busts and such until one day he raped one of the female prisoners, got caught and was put in a cell himself. Then it turns out he was using an alias and was not in the Army, but he was listed on the books because he did start in-processing. That was pretty funny in a way and would probably turn up on a search of Arizona newspapers.

There are weird people and they do really weird stuff. There are probably more fakes wearing uniforms today than when the above occurred.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:58:22 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

WTF?

He obviously ran his Navy SEAL T-shirt too long in the dryer, and can't wear it any more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top