Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2006 7:41:03 AM EDT
I have checked on this company's rep (BBB and Glock Talk) and read through threads going back 1-2 years. I followed the advice given by calling them up, and making sure that the person knows for a FACT the item is in stock and ready to ship. I paid via a credit card and made sure the sales rep had the right name, address, etc...  A few hours after I placed the order over the phone, I got an email saying that the item was shipped along with a valid UPS tracking #. So far it's looking good. Has anyone else had a bad experience with Botach past this point? I know many have items still "ready to ship in 3-4 days" for the past several months.

Other vendors wanted $50-$80 more than Botach.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:43:19 AM EDT
[#1]
You need to stick to brick and mortar stores, man.

Your intraweb buying experiences are teh sux.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:44:14 AM EDT
[#2]
After reading all the crap about Botach, you still ordered from them

Personally I have and will never order anything from them, but that's just me. It seems like if you have to go through all that trouble it just isn't worth it.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:46:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, I've had bad experiences dealing with vendors that had "A+" BBB reports, or vendors that have had great reviews/good rep.

I can see only a few potential ways for this transaction to go haywire:

1). Ship me an empty box
2). Ship the wrong item
3). Ship the right items, but it arrives damaged

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:55:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I placed an order with them about a month ago for BUIS, Accucam and several other items. EVERYTHING arrived in like 3 business days. Very smooth. I called to verify stock & just placed order over phone. I saved $110 buying from them. Even IF there had been a glitch... $110 is still $110 no matter what you ordered.

David
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:57:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Well, I've had bad experiences dealing with vendors that had "A+" BBB reports, or vendors that have had great reviews/good rep.

1). Ship me an empty box
2). Ship the wrong item

Ding ding ding.

You've won a poor quality substitute by a process known as "bait and switch"!

Thanks for playing the BOTAC game.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:58:08 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have checked on this company's rep (BBB and Glock Talk) and read through threads going back 1-2 years. I followed the advice given by calling them up, and making sure that the person knows for a FACT the item is in stock and ready to ship. I paid via a credit card and made sure the sales rep had the right name, address, etc...  A few hours after I placed the order over the phone, I got an email saying that the item was shipped along with a valid UPS tracking #. So far it's looking good. Has anyone else had a bad experience with Botach past this point? I know many have items still "ready to ship in 3-4 days" for the past several months.

Other vendors wanted $50-$80 more than Botach.

I've made several orders with Botach over the years using this method and I have never been disappointed.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:59:20 AM EDT
[#7]
You deserve whatever comes(or doesn't) I'm afraid.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:01:09 AM EDT
[#8]
They shipped me the wrong item and refused to make it right unless I paid for shipping back to them.  This was many years ago.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:01:28 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

1). Ship me an empty box
2). Ship the wrong item

Ding ding ding.

You've won a poor quality substitute by a process known as "bait and switch"!

Thanks for playing the BOTAC game.

For my order, you can't really switch it with a substitute since only 1 vendor manufactures it. The only way to do #2 is to ship me something totally different and I mean totally different.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:04:26 AM EDT
[#10]
I have ordered several items without major problems.  They forgot an item in an order but it took several phone calls to correct it.  The first guy I spoke to was certain it was stolen at the post office.  The last guy admitted he was the one that packed it and forgot the part.

Other times they didnt charge me or ship an ordered item.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:06:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Last transaction I had with Botach I ordered a Camelbak HAWG, and they sent me a Motherlode.  I figured any company incompetent enough to screw themselves like that was not worth risking them screwing me over like that.  I made out on that deal, but I have read waaaaaaay too many stories of the horrible experiences others have had.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:06:25 AM EDT
[#12]
I placed an order for 3 Colt 9mm mags, I phoned prior to placing the order to make sure they had stock. I then pklaced the order online for the mags. A week went by and nothing I phoned to find they were out of stock, I told the lady about my previous phone call and she asked if I remember who I spoke to. Well I didn't take a name this time, the lady told me that they expect an order in from Colt in 2wks, so I told her to leavr the order, they shipped monday adn will arrive today.
Will I order from them again, yes, as far as Colt mags go because I saved like $20-25 through them, but in the future I will confirm stock and get a name of who I am speaking to.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:06:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Hopefully you won't get screwed by Botach, but don't be suprised if you are.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:17:11 AM EDT
[#14]
I am a Botac apologist.  I have ordered from them DOZENS of times, and the only time that I have had any issues, Botac was actually proactive in that they called ME (without me initiating contact) to inform me that the item was going to be a few days before it would ship.  Sure enough, 3 days later, it shipped and I was notified via email.

However, I recently placed two $100+ orders with them for Blackhawk SERPA stuff and a few other 5.11 things.  I ordered ~ 4 weeks ago and so far nothing.  Every time I call and get put into the support hold queue, someone actually picks up the phone and immediately hangs it up!  WTF!?  I tried over 3 days and they STILL do that!  Never had this problem before.  Is that how they handle being "busy"?  I called the military order # to ask about this and she gave me direct extensions for support.  I left a message on one to find out order status and got emails on my orders the day after.  The email gave the status of "some items were not shipped" and had the tracking button that went to nothing.  This was a few days ago.  It still goes to "nothing".  I call back on the support line and dial the extensions.  It now says that the mailbox is full, so I can't leave a message.  This is frustrating.  I need the items for a 4-day handgun class I planned in March.  Ugh.

Today, I saw that of the $250 in orders, my CC was charged for $105, so I assume that means that some of the stuff went out.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:19:55 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I am a Botac apologist.  I have ordered from them DOZENS of times, and the only time that I have had any issues, Botac was actually proactive in that they called ME (without me initiating contact) to inform me that the item was going to be a few days before it would ship.  Sure enough, 3 days later, it shipped and I was notified via email.

However, I recently placed two $100+ orders with them for Blackhawk SERPA stuff and a few other 5.11 things.  I ordered ~ 4 weeks ago and so far nothing.  Every time I call and get put into the support hold queue, someone actually picks up the phone and immediately hangs it up!  WTF!?  I tried over 3 days and they STILL do that!  Never had this problem before.  Is that how they handle being "busy"?  I called the military order # to ask about this and she gave me direct extensions for support.  I left a message on one to find out order status and got emails on my orders the day after.  The email gave the status of "some items were not shipped" and had the tracking button that went to nothing.  This was a few days ago.  It still goes to "nothing".  I call back on the support line and dial the extensions.  It now says that the mailbox is full, so I can't leave a message.  This is frustrating.  I need the items for a 4-day handgun class I planned in March.  Ugh.

Today, I saw that of the $250 in orders, my CC was charged for $105, so I assume that means that some of the stuff went out.

Sound like you just had a rather long lucky streak with them.  I've NEVER heard anyone praise Botach before.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:59:09 PM EDT
[#16]
They charged my credit card and gave me a valid tracking number. The last time I placed an order (via email, they told me the item was in "stock") they didn't charge my card because the item was not in stock.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:16:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Although I haven't ordered anything from them in a couple of years, I've got a 70/30% track record. 70% of the stuff ordered ok, 30% messed up/backordered.  Honestly, I don't see how they can sell some of the stuff as low as they do.....they must have some big $$$ GSA contracts.....or they are laundering money for the Israeli mafia
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:39:37 PM EDT
[#18]
I hate those guys, they screwed me twice, and I'll never order from them again.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:16:27 PM EDT
[#19]
The trick, I am told, is to call them...
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:23:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Since 1998 - Never again.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:27:57 PM EDT
[#21]
My sons wanted some boots a couple of years ago so I ordered Hi-Tec Magnums for them, and got some for myself as well.  I ordered two pairs for the kids and four pairs (2 pairs of boots, 2 pairs of chukkas) for me at $12/pair.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:31:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Took them 8 months to ship me a pair of phuggin Converse Desert Tac Boots.   And they would never call me, they preferred to communicate through email.   I WILL NOT BE BUYING ANYTHING FROM THEM EVER AGAIN.  

Jeeter
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:35:22 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I have checked on this company's rep (BBB  

As they say around these parts, they're as worthless as tits on a boar hog.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:38:01 PM EDT
[#24]
I got my order from Botach. Everything came as expected!
The moral of the story is to call them and make sure that your item(s) are in stock, ask them 87 times before you place your order. Do NOT rely on emails. I don't like how inefficient this is, but they have great prices on most items.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:00:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Had 1 past order experience years ago that was ok.  Then ordered an item recently and they shipped me the wrong part.  3 weeks of numerous emails, phone calls leaving messages (no human answer).  Keep calling and finally get someone and they issue a call tag but don't have a clue.  Reassures me someone will call me back and straighten it all out.  2 more weeks of emails and useless calls and finally get some gal who doesn't know shiite from shinola.  Then finally get a guy who finally agrees to just cancel the order and credit my card back.

WORST experience I've ever had with an order due to the POOR cusstomer service.  Never see a dime from me again.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:34:27 PM EDT
[#26]
They teh suck!

Waited 4 weeks for an order. Couldnt get threw via phone. Order ended up lost int eh sauce. Took a while to get a refund.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top