Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2006 3:55:29 AM EDT
i saw on the news the other night that ant-persperant has some kind of aluminum oxide or something aluminum in it - so this morning i looked at my speed stick which is deodorant and it didnt have any aluminum in it. just wondering if they are two different things?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:57:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Deoderant helps with the smell

anti-persperant is to help the nasty sweat.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:58:06 AM EDT
[#2]
dodorant is a pissed off extinct bird.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:00:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Aluminum chlorhydrate stops perspiration, i.e. keeps you dry.  Deodorant keeps your sweat from stinking.  I perfer to be dry and good smelling.  Some people have reactions to AlClH2O3.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:02:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Definately NOT!!

Antiperspirant stops the sweat from exiting through your skin.

Deodorant just masks your sweaty smell.

There are some who believe that antiperspirant is bad for you, and I am one of them.  I was told about the possible dangers of antipersiprant a while back, and switched to deodorant.  Now lymph nodes that often swelled and were sore have completely been eliminated.  Your body sweats for a reason, and one of those reasons is to eliminate bad things.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:09:41 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Your body sweats for a reason, and one of those reasons is to eliminate bad things.

Actually it is to help cool the body.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:12:17 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Your body sweats for a reason, and one of those reasons is to eliminate bad things.

Actually it is to help cool the body, as well.

Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:19:23 PM EDT
[#7]
thanks - i think ill stick with the speed stick/deodorant, i really dont see a diff. in it and an anti persperant.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:21:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:23:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
dodorant is a pissed off extinct bird.

No. dodorant is the post of the Dodo bird ranting about his kind being extinct.

My first post in 48 hours!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:24:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Eh, just buy Old Spice stick and be done with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top