Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2006 10:47:48 AM EDT
...check out the local gun shops? We usually go to the beach and I don't see many gun shops, but I think I will pay more attention next time and check some out.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:49:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I check out gunshops NO MATTER where I am and no matter what I am there for.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:51:55 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I check out gunshops NO MATTER where I am and no matter what I am there for.

A big +1.  I went to an out-of-town meeting just this week and came home with a new .45.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:54:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Since I usually vacation in my hometown and homestoppin' grounds, yeah, I still check out the same gunshops I used to. But I would have no problem checking out a new one in another part of the country.

I did that once in 1979 in a small town in central Missouri. Fayette, or is it Fayetteville? That neat little shop was Midway Arms, now known as Midway USA.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:56:59 AM EDT
[#4]
No because I wouldn't have the money to buy anything anyway.  The exception was once when driving through central FL I stopped to see a friend who worked at Shoot Straight and he let me fondle some class three stuff.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:57:07 AM EDT
[#5]
YES!!  Well, actually, if I'm in state, I usually buy something. When I'm out of state, I just look.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:31:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Always!!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:32:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Nope, that's what the internet is for.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:32:58 PM EDT
[#8]
very true, though i don't go out of my way to visit them unless i am told there is something special to see.  i'd be too tempted to spend vacation money on guns, and never be forgiven by you-know-who
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:44:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
...check out the local gun shops? We usually go to the beach and I don't see many gun shops, but I think I will pay more attention next time and check some out.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Isn't that the SOLE reason for going on vacation or TAD??

Quoted:
YES!!  Well, actually, if I'm in state, I usually buy something. When I'm out of state, I just look.

That is why you need to develop a good relationship with your favorite FFL!! ! That way you can have stuff sent to him, if vacation gun shop can't let you take it with you!!

Either you ask him for a signed copy of his license to carry around with you, or he can fax it to the seller!! I would suggest that you carry one of his business cards too, so you can call him and ask him if it's okay to do this...one more time!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:45:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Not normally, but when I saw one in La Rochelle France, I had to check it out. Mainly hunting shotguns, but I was surprised that they were allowed anything.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:03:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I used to hit the stores when I went to a new town.  I am pretty disappointed in most of the dealers inventory and prices,  these days and only hit one if I accidentally pass by.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top