Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2001 9:54:54 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 10:12:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I've always wondered why there was no National memorial to the veterans of WW2. The US gov't has really kind of let them down. While on funeral detail at Ft Hood, we did a funeral in a small town in TX for a guy who had survived Bataan. You shoulda seen it; damn near the whole town showed up for this guy. I saw a show on Normandy awhile back, and a British veteran put it the best I've ever heard. He said "They gave away all their tomorrows for yor today." People who don't think ALL our veterans don't deserve to be recognized should remember that their freedom is provided by these people who serve, past and present. This includes the families, who spend endless days and nights in fear for thier loved ones' safety. We should have a National holiday for Gold Star Mothers. My hat's off to Rhode Island.
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 11:03:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Retain, Retain!  and double, NO TRIPLE the hotdogs and BEER!  [beer]
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 11:12:29 AM EDT
[#3]
My Dad and 4 uncles served in WW2, all came home. We had a friend that survived the Bataan death march. My flag flies everyday My one son serves now.
My mother was in Hawaii and at the Pearl Habor Monument, a group of Japanese tourists were making fun of the attack. She turned to them and said, Remember Hiroshima!
I will make it a point to fly my flag on VJ and VE day.
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 11:28:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 11:49:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, she is Finnish.
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 11:52:34 AM EDT
[#6]
The Wind, Good for your mother, America needs more like her. At National Monuments foreigners should be bitch slapped to a state of reverence if necessary, respect and common decency have no borders. Your story makes me feel good, thank your mother for me please, she is a great American.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 11:54:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top