Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2006 12:48:24 PM EDT
I am watching the race...thinking in the back of mind, do you think Jimmy Johnson's team is cheating again or is he a good racer? Just wondering. That 48 car has been running up front for a lot of the last races since last season.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:49:02 PM EDT
[#1]
He is a Cheater!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:49:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I would venture a guess that 99% of them cheat.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:52:43 PM EDT
[#3]
He's on Jeff Gordon's team...

Of course it's a good car.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:56:59 PM EDT
[#4]
They all do "work the grey areas". Knaus is pretty blatant about it though.

I think all the backlash from this deal at Daytona will make him be a little more conservative in his "inovations"

That said I can't stand JJ, Knaus, JGordon or any of the Hendrick bunch. But I'm an ass like that.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:57:24 PM EDT
[#5]
If ya aint cheatin, ya aint tryin.

Chad Knaus just got caught.

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:59:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I think all the backlash from this deal at Daytona will make him be a little more conservative in his "inovations"

That said I can't stand JJ, Knaus, JGordon or any of the Hendrick bunch. But I'm an ass like that.

Yeah, it's easy to hate the best.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:02:48 PM EDT
[#7]
They all cheat in one form or another,the only differance being as not all of them get caught...Cookie cutter tracks should be banned BTW.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:03:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Probably a lot of truth in that.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:04:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:07:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably a lot of truth in that.

As long as a person doesnt actually like Stewart, Martin or somewhat Earnhardt Jr.......I dont care who they like or who wins.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:09:28 PM EDT
[#11]
The #48 team wasn't "cheating" at Daytona either.
In the practice sessions leading up to qualifing, the Hendrick team was very up front about them running a "special set-up"on the #48. The TV announcers all talked about it, it was in the follow-up shows. It just turned out to be something WHAAAscar wanted to stop cold, so they hit Knause hard to discourage any other teams from trying out the set-up. DW even said that you could walk up to the car and not even tell what the team had done to change the window angle.
Just more WWE/NASCAR politics.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:15:24 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm pullin' fer Seattle! Go Seahawks!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:15:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats pretty hard to determine anymore..more like cookie cutter drivers with clean faces.

The new NASCAR just does'nt have the bite it used to...of course I am one of those missing the #3 car racing every Sunday.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:17:44 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The #48 team wasn't "cheating" at Daytona either.
In the practice sessions leading up to qualifing, the Hendrick team was very up front about them running a "special set-up"on the #48. The TV announcers all talked about it, it was in the follow-up shows. It just turned out to be something WHAAAscar wanted to stop cold, so they hit Knause hard to discourage any other teams from trying out the set-up. DW even said that you could walk up to the car and not even tell what the team had done to change the window angle.
Just more WWE/NASCAR politics.

Nope. They were cheating, just like they have been the last 3 out of the 4 times they got caught. NASCAR got fed up with the antics..thats why Mr. Knaus is watching on t.v. today. I still think there is something funky with that car. He's not the better racer bewteen he and Gordon, not by a longshot.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:04:08 PM EDT
[#15]
They all work the "edge" of the rules.
Just don't push too far or they come down on you.
Right now I think that Biffles team has found the edge witout being too close.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:47:54 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But he wasn't talking about Roush.

Love 'em or hate 'em, Roush's cars are consistantly the strongest out there.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:42:48 PM EDT
[#17]
How many points did Jimmy Johnson lose from the infraction last week? Answer. None. Something is'nt right here..Junior lost 25 points for saying eff on national t.v., Johnson only loses his crew chief for 2 weeks after a third infraction in the last 5 races...amazing.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:12:55 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But he wasn't talking about Roush.

Love 'em or hate 'em, Roush's cars are consistantly the strongest out there.

I know he didnt.

They are strong, but I dunno about "consistent"...
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:16:25 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

They all cheat.  He just got caught.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:16:58 AM EDT
[#20]
It's not what the rules say you can and can't do.

It's about what the the rules don't say you can't do
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top