Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2006 9:13:23 AM EDT
I was at the movies a few days ago and they showed an ad for Coke.  At the end it showed a Coke with a corndog next to it and said something to the effect of 'Coke and a corndog go together.'  From the row behind me, I hear a guy ask the person next to him, "What the hell is a corndog?"
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:53:36 AM EDT
[#1]
What's the big deal?

People from the land of corndogs probably wouldn't know "what the heck" an egg cream was.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:54:50 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
From the row behind me, I hear a guy ask the person next to him, "What the hell is a corndog?"

There is a guy whose never been to the NYS Fair, evidently.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:18:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
From the row behind me, I hear a guy ask the person next to him, "What the hell is a corndog?"

There is a guy whose never been to the NYS Fair, evidently.

Or anywhere on Brighton Beach, Manhattan Beach, or Coney Island
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:20:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:22:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What's the big deal?

People from the land of corndogs probably wouldn't know "what the heck" an egg cream was.

Uh, what is an egg cream anyway?

Yeah, wth is an egg cream??
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:23:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I grew up in Florida and I had never had or heard of a riceball until I met my wife.  I have never seen them outside of the NYC metro area.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:23:27 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What's the big deal?

Is that like the fluffy stuff on pie?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:23:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
What's the big deal?

Well what is it ?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:26:33 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
What's the big deal?

Basically, chocolate milk with seltzer mixed in. Kind of like carbonated chocolate milk. And no eggs.

VERY GOOD!

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:27:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:32:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Why do you consider this a "nyc moment"? anyone who does'nt know what a corndog is is stupid not a NY'er. As to what an egg cream is, well i'ts like most stuff today. It has neither eggs NOR cream in IT! its' a nasty combo of cream soda, and vanilla flavoring. maybe in ye olde days it was something good but now??!!!! Like in the 1940's people liked liver and Onions or bologna and butter!

ETA: opps i forgot that my recipie of egg cream was the "white" kind, there are several variations.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:13:15 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
What's the big deal?

Basically, chocolate milk with seltzer mixed in. Kind of like carbonated chocolate milk. And no eggs.

VERY GOOD!

Cool.

Kinda like a Yoohoo, but different?

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:16:22 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I grew up in Florida and I had never had or heard of a riceball until I met my wife.  I have never seen them outside of the NYC metro area.

And WTF is a rice ball?

(let me guess...ball of rice?)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top