Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2006 6:04:06 PM EDT
Just sharing a neat toy...

This is the Inova X5 RED LED version, with the matte black finish.  This is one of my favorite lights.  This sucker puts out RED light.

The human eye has a chemical called Rhodopsin.  This chemical is what gives us night vision.  As we spend more time in the darkness, the level of rhodopsin increases.  Rhodopsin is chemically destroyed by all light.... except red light.  This light does NOT destroy your night vision.  If you have dark apapted eyes, and then use this light... as soon as it is turned off, you aren't "blind."

It only uses one 123a battery also... so it is great for using up spent batteries.... batteries that won't even make the filament glow in a surefire 6p... will run this for HOURS.

And... the MONEY SHOT.  This is a Beamshot at about 10 feet... the round thing is a standard Clay Pigeon.

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:05:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow!!  A Gatlin-light!!!      
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:09:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:11:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Cool. Where did you get it?

I got it online... so long ago i can't even remember where... DOH.  I just can't fine the RED ones in the stores anywhere.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:13:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Cool. Where did you get it?

I got it online... so long ago i can't even remember where... DOH.  I just can't fine the RED ones in the stores anywhere.

Great. Now I want one but don't know where to get one.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:14:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I think I saw one in the Midway Catalog.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:15:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Here ya go, $39.95 @ this link.

http://www.theledlight.com/inova.html
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:16:07 PM EDT
[#7]
price?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:21:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got one...but mine is a white LED model.  So sad.  They didn't have that when I got mine.

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:23:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I love Inova lights.

Been using one for my duty light for the last couple of months.  Far better run time than my old surefire 9N.

ETA: Inova T4 Rechargeable

Sheep
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:25:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Tag for when that OT Gravy Train pulls up in 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:26:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Target (at least near me) has blue, white and red ones.

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:30:37 PM EDT
[#12]
n/m
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:31:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:32:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I love Inova lights.

Been using one for my duty light for the last couple of months.  Far better run time than my old surefire 9N.

Sheep

How is the spill on that? My stinger went down recently and I put a G2 with Kl3 head on into service, beam is wayyyyyy too tight. Very hard to get used to.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:35:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:37:10 PM EDT
[#16]
I have one in white and one in ultraviolet. The ultraviolet is for detecting flourecent leak additive but I found that it has little effect on night vision and will light up stuff several times further away than red or white and makes eyes glow like sin! I have used it on deer up in the primitive area and they don't even spook. Had one walk up on me close enough I could have stabbed it with my hot dog skewer!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:40:55 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v309/TEXASTACTICAL/GEAR%20PICS/000_0073.jpg

Yours isn't as tactical as mine. Mine has a 550 cord lanyard and a skull fob.

Well... i just can't argue with that.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:48:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Pretty cool!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:53:49 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Wow!!  A Gatlin-light!!!      hr

No joke.  Last time I flew I forgot to take my Inova off my keychain and strolled right through the metal detector.  The high speed low drag TSA employee was able to turn the light on and realized it wasn't a firearm, but apparently didn’t bother to turn it off when she sent it through the x-ray machine.  I was able to easily pick out which bin was mine on the other side by the soft white glow coming from the 5 LEDs.

The look on her face when she asked "Is that a gun" was priceless though.

Damn fine flashlight I must say.  The all aluminum body and bezel means it can take a beating, and it is perfect for those times when 65lumens from a surefire is just too much overkill.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:11:34 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I love Inova lights.

Sheep

Sheep - can you tell me if the T4 will fit into a standard ASP baton holster?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:25:47 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
The all aluminum body and bezel means it can take a beating,

I have taken that very light... and THROWN it... overhand... as hard as i could... through the woods... while it was on.  It looked like a red, spinning tracer as it flew through the trees... HIT the trees, and NOTHING happened.  I walked over picked it up, and it was STILL ON.

Then i said... "OK... do that with YOUR maglite."  
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:13:52 PM EDT
[#22]
new eyes
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:17:54 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm not sure about today's military vehicles, but those from years ago had red lights on the dash gauges. For the exact reasons you mention. While traveling at night and looking at your dash lights and then looking outside, it takes a few seconds or more for your eyes to adjust to the difference.

By the way. That's a cool light!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:23:03 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The all aluminum body and bezel means it can take a beating,

I have taken that very light... and THROWN it... overhand... as hard as i could... through the woods... while it was on.  It looked like a red, spinning tracer as it flew through the trees... HIT the trees, and NOTHING happened.  I walked over picked it up, and it was STILL ON.

Then i said... "OK... do that with YOUR maglite."  

My X5 got run over by one of these and still worked, just not as bright.

It's when I tried to "fix" it that it went tits-up completely. I got a replacement, plus one as a "spare". The X1 is also a great little light. I got mine from LA Police gear
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:39:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Those look cool ... I like red lights.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:43:32 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
My X5 got run over by one of these and still worked, just not as bright.
(pic)
It's when I tried to "fix" it that it went tits-up completely. .....

-Oh, s***, sorry dude.
I was partying pretty hard, liquered up, rolling around on a Saturday night with a couple of hot babes.
Didn't even see it.
I promise not to run over your stuff no more.
~~~~~~
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:44:40 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I'm not sure about today's military vehicles, but those from years ago had red lights on the dash gauges. For the exact reasons you mention. While traveling at night and looking at your dash lights and then looking outside, it takes a few seconds or more for your eyes to adjust to the difference.

By the way. That's a cool light!

Pontiac's still have the red lights.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top