Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2006 8:22:31 PM EDT
one of my best friends enlisted in the Army last year and he is now in Iraq, hes a top gunner on a Humvee doing convoy security for civilian contractors.  Hell be home in 9 months. I decided since all of my friends who are away at college, moved, or even the ones who are still here all use myspace.com to some degree to keep in touch or for entertainment.

So i made a profile for him so while hes over there he can write back, and we can all write him and leave comments and upload pics on there. hopefully he can find a hot lil lady to look forward to when he comes home??

i just worry about one thing....  would anyone feel maybe he wouldnt want this, or shouldnt use this- because ive heard of soldiers getting too attached to the girls writing them... but hes never been that type of person... and theres pretty much no girls there for him to look at so...

hopefully the ATF doesnt arrest him if he posts pics of himself with his M4 or .50 BMG !!!

i just did it to allow everyone to show we all care.  

do i get a pat on the back????
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:26:33 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
hopefully the ATF doesnt arrest him if he posts pics of himself with his M4 or .50 BMG !!!

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:43:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
one of my best friends enlisted in the Army last year and he is now in Iraq, hes a top gunner on a Humvee doing convoy security for civilian contractors.  Hell be home in 9 months. I decided since all of my friends who are away at college, moved, or even the ones who are still here all use myspace.com to some degree to keep in touch or for entertainment.

So i made a profile for him so while hes over there he can write back, and we can all write him and leave comments and upload pics on there. hopefully he can find a hot lil lady to look forward to when he comes home??

i just worry about one thing....  would anyone feel maybe he wouldnt want this, or shouldnt use this- because ive heard of soldiers getting too attached to the girls writing them... but hes never been that type of person... and theres pretty much no girls there for him to look at so...

do i get a pat on the back????[/quote]

I'm thinking more like a kick in the nuts!!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:57:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Quoted:

do i get a pat on the back????[/quote]

I'm thinking more like a kick in the nuts!!

youre officially a douche bag for that reply. i made a small gesture for a friend whos serving in a dump right now to protect mine, and YOUR freedoms... i ask if i did good or not and you say i need a kick in the nuts.... tard...
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:00:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Oops, I meant to put a by my reply....I just kidding..ligthen up!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:18:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Oops, I meant to put a by my reply....I just kidding..ligthen up!

ok. sorry dude. its kind of a big deal for me. he got to come home for 2 weeks at the beginning of the month for R+R after serving 3 months over. things like this really hit home when you know someone over there. i had to do all i could to hold back the tears of happiness when i saw him back here. so i took offense to the reply. once again, sorry. you can never tell how people meant things on here.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:23:06 PM EDT
[#6]
You don't have to apologize, you didn't hurt my feelings at all.  Three of my friends went to Iraq 9 months ago and only two will be home in May (the third buddy was killed when his humvee rolled over in a canal and he was knocked out and drowned).  I know how important it is to keep contact with your friends, especially while they are over there.  I wish him luck to get home safe.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:32:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Just dont put pictures up of him in Iraq.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:35:14 PM EDT
[#8]
link?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:35:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

just wondering, since ive never served like he is, whats the significance of NOT putting the pics of him in Iraq on there? would it just be another reminder of where he is when he'd log on? not like hes forgotten hes there but...you know what i mean
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:39:25 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

just wondering, since ive never served like he is, whats the significance of NOT putting the pics of him in Iraq on there? would it just be another reminder of where he is when he'd log on? not like hes forgotten hes there but...you know what i mean

Maybe for security reasons
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:39:37 PM EDT
[#11]
It is a good way of getting him into trouble.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:42:48 PM EDT
[#12]
hmm. i see pics on there all the time of soldiers in the sandbox but... i certainly wouldnt put anything up that would show him doing stuff he shouldnt be like they did at Abu Graib! ( however you spell that prison )   just a pic of him in uniform shouldnt be a big deal, especially if it doesnt show his full name tag right?

thanks for the suggestions, just trying to ease his time there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top