Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/23/2006 6:07:35 PM EDT
Who's the toughest character in the movie Pulp Fiction and why?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:08:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Gotta give it to Butch.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:08:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Butch.  Because.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:08:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Marsellus Wallace because he took it in the bum?

ETA:  "I'm pretty fuckin' far from OK."
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:08:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Marcellus Wallace.  Hit with a car, beat up, and took a ride on the Hershey Highway.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:09:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Everybody respected Winston Wolf.
Only a true badass can earn that kind of respect.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:11:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Butch, with WW a close second.

"I called the Wolf"
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:17:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd say Butch. He's really the only one besides WW that made it out OK. Jules did too, but he went all soft at the end.

Winston Wolfe never really proved anything, but...the incredible amount of respect he got came from somewhere. Unless it was only his great ability to get messes cleaned up. If that's the case, then he is not even close to second place.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:17:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Gotta give it to Butch.

+1

Killed a man with his bare hands, then killed travolta on the crapper.

Oh, and can't forget the samurai sword incident as well.

Definately Butch.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:19:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Alot of genuine badasses in that movie but +1 for butch
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:28:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Samuel L. Jackon's character---his is the only wallet that says "bad mother fucker" on it. Jules rocks, rest my case.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:29:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Jules is the man

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is The Lord when I'll lay my vengeance upon thee"

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:33:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Butch to Fabienne.  "Will you kiss it"?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:34:42 PM EDT
[#13]
"Does he look like a bitch???"
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:35:52 PM EDT
[#14]
"WHAT!!??"
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:37:34 PM EDT
[#15]
WELL I'M A MUSHROOM CLOUD LAYIN' MOTHER-FUCKER, MOTHER-FUCKER!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:44:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Winston Wolf.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:46:55 PM EDT
[#17]
The Gimp.
"MMmphhhh."

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:48:10 PM EDT
[#18]
The Wolf.  Cool as the other side of the pillow.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:48:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Butch.

1) Killed a man punching him with boxing gloves - damn hard to do.

2) Blew away a hitman with his own gun.

3) Almost killed Marcellus by punching him to a pulp on the floor - was only stopped by the hick with shotgun.

4) Killed a man with a samurai sword - even gave him the final coup de grace without even looking at him.

5) Didn't get fucked by a homo or a gimp.

6) Outsmarted Marcellus Wallace, fucked him over in a gambling scam, ran him over with a car, beat him senseless with his bear hands, stole his money, saw him get fucked up the ass... and still manged to get Marcellus to call it "even".

7) Drives away with a ton of money, his watch, a nice ride, the girl and a grin.

Butch his the man.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:51:05 PM EDT
[#20]
[Esmeralda]Boootch[/Esmeralda]

Favorite quote:  Zed's dead, baby.  Zed's dead.

Good argument to be made for Jules, too.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:54:43 PM EDT
[#21]
This is a tough one.

I think we can rule out Vincent Vega.  He didn't come off as very tough, except when he stared down Butch in the bar.

You have to admire the serenity under fire possessed by Jules Winnfield, which makes him pretty tough in his own way.

Butch Coolidge DID kill a man with his bare hands, walked away from a major car accident, then proceeded to take out the gimp and Maynard and very nearly Marsellus.  A man has to have iron in his balls to pull the bookie stunt that he did, as well as having the courage to retrieve his father's watch.

Marsellus Wallace was at the business end of that car accident and managed to pursue his assailant on foot immediately afterward.  That is sheer physical toughness if I ever saw it.  

Winston Wolf was absolute ice, decisive and determined under the greatest of pressure.  He feared no one and commanded the utmost respect.

I have a hard time choosing.  Good question.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:54:49 PM EDT
[#22]
that is 30 minutes away, I will be there in 10
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:54:52 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Jules did too, but he went all soft at the end.

Jules did pretty well as a Hockey coach.
www.funnyhub.com/videos/pages/hockey-coach-jules.html
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:01:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:07:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:07:49 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I think we can rule out Vincent Vega.  He didn't come off as very tough, except when he stared down Butch in the bar.

Butch was busy "working" his next mark (that being Marcellus) to bother with some longhaired wimp. He wasn't going to spoil his setup of Marcellus to smack the shit out of Travolta. Besides, he got even with him later.

Quoted:
You have to admire the serenity under fire possessed by Jules Winnfield, which makes him pretty tough in his own way.

Jules would have freaked out and gotten him and Marcellus killed in Zeke's basement.

Hell the boy didn't even know what to do with a dead "n****r" in his car - he had to call for help on how to operate a garden hose and towels. Lame.

Quoted:
Marsellus Wallace was at the business end of that car accident and managed to pursue his assailant on foot immediately afterward.  That is sheer physical toughness if I ever saw it.

Ring-fighter vs. Blingbanger.... ring fighter is tougher.

At the end of the day, Butch got Marcellus' money and Marcellus couldn't do dick about it.

Quoted:
Winston Wolf was absolute ice, decisive and determined under the greatest of pressure.  He feared no one and commanded the utmost respect.

WW was a manager, not a fighter. Efficient and connected but not "tough".

Hey - what about Jimmy?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:09:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Butch, hands down.

Jules: "English, motherfucker! Do you speak it?!"

Marcellus: "No one needs to know about this except you, me and Mr.-soon-to-be-living-the-rest-of-his-short-ass-life-in-agonizing-pain-rapist here."

Vincent Vega: "Would you give a guy a foot massage?"
Jules Winnfield: "Fuck you."
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:13:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Favorite Charachter:

Winston Wolf

Favorite Line(s):

"Sheeeiiiit NE-GRO! That's all you had to say!"

"This watch was your birth right, he'd be damn if some nip was gonna get his greasy yella hands on it."
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:15:33 PM EDT
[#29]
I must say that I really could've done without the mental image of Christopher Walken shoving a watch up his corn-shute.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:16:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:17:59 PM EDT
[#31]
... I don't know if Winston Wolf was the toughest, but he seemed to share similar characteristics as I do - hence the screen name. But then again, just because you are a character doesn't mean you have character.

Favorite Quote

If I'm curt with you, it's because time is a factor here. I think fast, I talk fast, and I need you guys to act fast if you want to get out of this. So, pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the fucking car

... My favorite all-time movie BTW
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:19:55 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
fusionanomaly.net/pulpfictionkoonswatchbirthright.jpg

That monologue is one of my favorites EVER!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:56:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Marcellus......... I'm prepared to scour the the Earth for that motherfucker. If Butch goes to Indochina, I want a nigger waiting in a bowl of rice ready to pop a cap in his ass.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:57:26 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Marcellus......... I'm prepared to scour the the Earth for that motherfucker. If Butch goes to Indochina, I want a nigger waiting in a bowl of rice ready to pop a cap in his ass.

That's not tough...that's talk. And he had someone else do the dirty work for him.

Plus he was the one doing the ned beatty impression...
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:03:40 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's not tough...that's talk. And he had someone else do the dirty work for him.

Plus he was the one doing the ned beatty impression...

The Ned Beatty bit aside, Marcellus was still a bad ass. He went after Butch pretty hard inspite of getting waffled by that car.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:08:59 PM EDT
[#36]
How about this:

"Aww man, I shot Marvin in the face!"

The one guy that Vincent offed was by accident!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:12:36 PM EDT
[#37]
The Wolf.

"BTDT" to the max.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:13:31 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
How about this:

"Aww man, I shot Marvin in the face!"

The one guy that Vincent offed was by accident!

Funniest line in the movie.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:16:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Favorite quote -

Vincent: I got a threshold, Jules. I got a threshold for the abuse I'll take. And right now I'm a race car and you got me in the red. I'm just saying that it's fuckin' dangerous to have a racecar in the fuckin' red. It could blow.

Jules: Oh, you're gettin' ready to blow?

Vincent: I could blow.

Jules: Well I'm a mushroom-cloud-layin' motherfucker, motherfucker! Every time my fingers touch brain I'm SUPERFLY T.N.T, I'm the GUNS OF THE NAVARONE. In fact, what the fuck am I doin' in the back? You're the motherfucker should be on brain detail. We're fuckin' switchin' right now. I'm washin' the windows and you're pickin' up this edited skull.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:16:13 PM EDT
[#40]

Alright, who's the phage who voted for Vincent?

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:17:29 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Alright, who's the phage who voted for Vincent?

Tom Cruise???
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:24:49 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Favorite quote -

Vincent: I got a threshold, Jules. I got a threshold for the abuse I'll take. And right now I'm a race car and you got me in the red. I'm just saying that it's fuckin' dangerous to have a racecar in the fuckin' red. It could blow.

Jules: Oh, you're gettin' ready to blow?

Vincent: I could blow.

Jules: Well I'm a mushroom-cloud-layin' motherfucker, motherfucker! Every time my fingers touch brain I'm SUPERFLY T.N.T, I'm the GUNS OF THE NAVARONE. In fact, what the fuck am I doin' in the back? You're the motherfucker should be on brain detail. We're fuckin' switchin' right now. I'm washin' the windows and you're pickin' up this edited skull.

YOU FORGOT THE BEST LINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE ONE THAT PRECLUDES WHAT YOU WROTE!!!!

"This is some FUCKED UP REPUGNANT shit!!!"
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:33:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Antwan Rockamora  aka Tony Rockyhorror.....

Gave Marcellus's woman a foot massage (that's pretty bold if you saw Uma Thurman's feet in Kill Bill)...resulting in him getting dropped 4 stories from his balcony and crashing through a glass greenhouse...survived with only a speech impediment as his permanent injury.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:46:09 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Gave Marcellus's woman a foot massage (that's pretty bold if you saw Uma Thurman's feet in Kill Bill)...resulting in him getting dropped 4 stories from his balcony and crashing through a glass greenhouse...survived with only a speech impediment as his permanent injury.

The only thing Antwan touched of Mia Wallace's was her hand when he shook it at her wedding.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:51:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Definetly the Wolfe, one of the all time best Tarantino characters.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:52:44 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The only thing Antwan touched of Mia Wallace's was her hand when he shook it at her wedding.

That's what Mia said.......Wouldn't be the first time a woman lied
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:54:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Butch, with Jules in second.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:54:25 PM EDT
[#48]
The Gimp.

Gave leatherman a whole new meaning
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:56:43 PM EDT
[#49]
I almost forgot one of the best quotes ever:

"well gentlemen let's not start sucking each other's dicks just yet."
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:57:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Hey, I tied it up for Jules! There's so many good lines in that movie, but I always chuckle at:
Look maybe your method of massage differs from mine, but touchin' his lady's feet, and stickin' your tongue in her holiest of holies, ain't the same ballpark, ain't the same league, ain't even the same fuckin' sport. Foot massages don't mean shit.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top