[#3]
She has:

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:11:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
just like chicken.

greasy, fishy oily rancid chicken.  
ever had bear meat?

Had bear and noodles last week.  Gonna try to make some corned bear next month.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:22:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
just like chicken.

greasy, fishy oily rancid chicken.  
ever had bear meat?

Had bear and noodles last week.  Gonna try to make some corned bear next month.

bear meat
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:23:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
She has:

www.cycnet.com/shengli/images/50xgnl/heidi%20klum.jpg

Buh-RUTAL!

I've had boar meat. Like ham, only pretty gamey tasting.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:25:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Trying to eat a seal is no fun, as they are usually heavily armed and react poorly to someone trying to gnaw on them. Plus they attack in small groups each member of which is similarly armed and nasty.

The only way to get one safely is by using copious ammounts of beer and women to coax the seal into putting down all his deadly toys, and then trying to kill him quickly and eat him before his buddies find out what happened.

It usually isn't worth the effort as seal meat is tough and stringy anyway.....
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:40:20 AM EDT
[#8]
It is supposed to be good, But the harvesting of marine animals by none natives is illegal, and so is posession of said meat.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:44:10 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Trying to eat a seal is no fun, as they are usually heavily armed and react poorly to someone trying to gnaw on them. Plus they attack in small groups each member of which is similarly armed and nasty.

The only way to get one safely is by using copious ammounts of beer and women to coax the seal into putting down all his deadly toys, and then trying to kill him quickly and eat him before his buddies find out what happened.

It usually isn't worth the effort as seal meat is tough and stringy anyway.....

You have to do a 24 hr deep tissue marinade on them (vacuum marinade works best)! They need to be preped just like Assmonkey! Other wise they do turn out to tough and stringy, just like what you encountered!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:45:46 AM EDT
[#10]
I have.....like said before, it is pretty gnarly.  Imagine beef that had been marinaded in fish blood for a week.

Fresh seal oil is good stuff though, great to dip dried salmon in.  Problem is that most white folks I know, even ones who can live off of land, I mean like eat grubs, sticks and twigs types of folks, etc, can't do seal oil at all.  

My Dad can't even be in the same room as an open jar of seal oil or he will get the runs.  Mom keeps a supply handy when she wants to be alone.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:47:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes,greasy and i would not eat it again
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:51:15 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
It is supposed to be good, But the harvesting of marine animals by none natives is illegal, and so is posession of said meat.

Right in the US it's illegal to deal in marine mammals unless an exempted indian.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:20:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I've tried it and I'd rather eat Javelina.  And I'd rather fight than eat Javelina!

Now, I had some blue Hake the other night that was to die for.  Good God it's hard to be a seafood lover in Arizona!  There wasn't much good about living in Seattle, but the seafood!  Oh God it was fantastic.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:07:01 PM EDT
[#14]
I kinda want to try it. that and whale.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:08:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Makes a pretty good club sandwich.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:12:02 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:14:11 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I'm just a "sport clubber".
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:17:51 PM EDT
[#18]
I am native, so I have been tempted to go out and have some fun during tourist season, like go and blast a few cute little sea otters right in front of a tour boat...or even better, head out with clubs on one of the islands they have wired with remote cameras and get me some seals.  I hate eating the things, but sealskin is about the toughest, most durable leather I know of.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:23:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Yes I ate it up in Norway.  Reminded me of bacon that tasted like fish.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:26:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top