Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/20/2006 9:15:44 AM EDT
Just got a phone call with the convoluted story from the wronged wife's perspective.

I'm gonna do whatever it takes to not get in the middle of this one.

We humans sure make our lives complicated.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:18:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:19:32 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Good luck.  You'll need it.  If you can actually remain neutral that will be a feat (or a miracle).  MJD
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:19:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Best thing to do is to stay out of it.

I got into some deep crap one time by being involved. Girl is screwing a married co-worker, she gives our boss a blow job (I did not know), I was then given the task of having a talk with her about the affair. Started a big stink.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:22:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I got into some deep crap one time by being involved. Girl is screwing a married co-worker, she gives our boss a blow job (I did not know), I was then given the task of having a talk with her about the affair. Started a big stink.

Why?  'Cause you didn't get one.... or because you did??

Enquiring minds want to know.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:24:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:25:40 AM EDT
[#6]
stay out of it.  seriously.

i've seen enough of this with my own eyes over the past year to know that the absolute last thing you want to do is get involved.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:27:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Caller ID may save your life on this one, Rodent.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:30:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Anytime someone wants to tell about that kind of crap, I stick my fingers in my ears and start singing Sink The Bismark as loud as I can until they go away.  

For some reason they usually leave before I get to the good part.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:32:04 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

She was hot, but no. I was sent by the boss who had just gotten a BJ from the chick to do his dirty work. The higher ups wanted my boss to get her to stop seeing the married co-worker. He couldn't do it because she had just slurped his dick. It all blew up from there.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:32:32 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Caller ID may save your life on this one, Rodent.

I may do the same thing I do when the airline crew scheduler calls: <Chinese accent> "Lodent not here." <Chinese accent>
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:33:13 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Damn where do you work?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:33:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:34:37 AM EDT
[#13]

Uh oh, a friend is having an affair with a friend

What are friends for??  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:36:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Your answering machine needs messages alternating between, "At the barn, then I'll be on a trip", to just, "I'm on a trip".

You might need to fence the compound.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:41:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Tell her to join the local christian taliban..it will sure change her life. She'll blow up abortion clinics, run in the streets with a bible, warning people of hell, be frigid as an iceberg and she'll also talk about Jesus to everyone she knows. A putrid woman she will become.

This will keep her away from having affairs.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:47:22 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Tell her to join the local christian taliban..it will sure change her life. She'll blow up abortion clinics, run in the streets with a bible, warning people of hell, be frigid as an iceberg and she'll also talk about Jesus to everyone she knows. A putrid woman she will become.

Rodent, you shouldn't use your troll account in your own thread!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:51:18 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh oh, the shrill IM's to EdSr about me have probably already started again  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:56:23 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I'm confused...the call Rodent got was from the "wronged wife" not the "wronged husband" (assuming there even is a wronged husband.)

I took that to mean it was the guy screwing around, and not the girl.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:01:45 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I'm confused...the call Rodent got was from the "wronged wife" not the "wronged husband" (assuming there even is a wronged husband.)

One of each. (And, if the distraught source is correct, perhaps more than one of each.) This is a politically-correct, equal-opportunity fling(s).
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:05:59 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn where do you work?

Sounds like the typical cop shop.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:17:00 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
...she had just slurped his dick.

Can I get that at 7-11?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:18:43 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn where do you work?

Corporate world. Try again.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:20:52 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn where do you work?

Government employees, too.....
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:25:40 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

One of each. (And, if the distraught source is correct, perhaps more than one of each.) This is a politically-correct, equal-opportunity fling(s).

Is Bama-shooter your troll account?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:27:09 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then maybe you should choose your words about the founding father's religion more carefully.

If you hate God..best you can do is hide it, don't go comparing it to a murderous organization.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:32:08 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

She was hot, but no. I was sent by the boss who had just gotten a BJ from the chick to do his dirty work. The higher ups wanted my boss to get her to stop seeing the married co-worker. He couldn't do it because she had just slurped his dick. It all blew up from there.

Given the subject, that is a bad choice of a word to use.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:32:13 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn where do you work?

You hiring?  Sounds like a "fun" place to work.

BTW my wife would probably kill me if I cheated on  her.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:34:21 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Best thing to do if you aren't directly involved....... keep out of it. it can cause nothing but hard feelings later on.

You said hard!

96Ag
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:36:09 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then maybe you should choose your words about the founding father's religion more carefully.

If you hate God..best you can do is hide it, don't go comparing it to a murderous organization.

??Uh, he and I were both joking, Naked. You aren't really my troll account. Put your Koran down for a few minutes and lighten up.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:18:49 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
stay out of it.  seriously.

i've seen enough of this with my own eyes over the past year to know that the absolute last thing you want to do is get involved.  

+1 Billion

I got involved once, and it was not friggen worth it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:22:49 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Anytime someone wants to tell about that kind of crap, I stick my fingers in my ears and start singing Sink The Bismark as loud as I can ...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!

Shit man ... lol
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:44:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Rodent
No good can come of this.
Move to North Dakota, if thats what it takes to stay out of it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:45:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Do you live in a real-life soap opera?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:10:57 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn where do you work?

Government employees, too.....

You can definitely include aerospace--especially around the holidays (christmas parties at worst. )
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:48:14 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, the founding fathers were Diests.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:50:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Thread is worthless without pics!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:55:26 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
...If you hate God..best you can do is hide it...

How do you leap to the conclusion that I hate any of the gods, anyway? I just made a crack about you IMing Ed with your persecution complex.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:56:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Well, this thread took an interesting turn.  I should have read further before responding.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:59:21 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Well, this thread took an interesting turn.  I should have read further before responding.

Go ahead and post, it might get back on track.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:00:45 PM EDT
[#40]
We need more details please.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:24:12 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Hmm, I only have one side of it. (And I'm actively avoiding the other parties involved.) We all live in a small town, though, we all board horses at the same barn, and we all belong to the same (fox) hunt club. It's just standard messy affair stuff with accusations and exaggerations and counter-accusations and counter-exaggerations. I don't really care who's right and who's wrong. It's not my business and I don't want to take sides or spend days of my life listening to the sad stories. The problem is that they're all nice people and they're all friends.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:27:55 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, you know I was just pulling your chain, don't you?  I wasn't expecting nor need an explanation.

But thanks for the update.

Merlin
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:29:57 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The problem is that they're all nice people and they're all friends.

"they're" meaning "they were" all friends, right?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:31:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:38:23 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The problem is that they're all nice people and they're all friends.

"they're" meaning "they were" all friends, right?

Oops, I meant to say "we". My girlfriend and I like them all and socialize with them all on a regular basis. Well, used to, anyway.  

It'll be interesting to see how it all shakes out. I'd just prefer not to hear about it until the end-game synopsis.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:42:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Turn the ringer off on your phone.  Let the answering machine do its job for the next month or so.  Don't reply to any calls from any of the parties involved.  If you do, 'innocent bystander' might be next to your name in the paper.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:46:03 PM EDT
[#47]
I think you need two less "friends."
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:53:03 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This will keep her away from having affairs.hinking.gif

Rodent, you shouldn't use your troll account in your own thread!hr

Uh oh, the shrill IM's to EdSr about me have probably already started again   hr

Actually, the founding fathers were Diests.

hr

This is not true at all.  Almost every one of the founding fathers who authored and signed the Declaration of Independence were religious men.  This is not to say they roamed the streets condeming people to hell, but they all believed in God and incorporated their beliefs into the laws of this land.  If you read their personal writings of the time (what is left anyway), they all profess belief in the Lord and give him credit for their successes and ask his blessing on this land.  Jefferson, Madison and a few others off the top of my head are considered by many to be deists, but their personal lives and writings speak a different truth.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:07:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Yea, don't call or do anything with either party if you want to be impartial.  Don't take sides if you are forced into a conversation.  Try to get off that topic etc.  Straight up tell them that it isn't any of your business and you don't want to be part of it.  Still want to be their friend and all, but it's not your place to say.  

Best of luck, that sucks!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:34:58 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Just got a phone call with the convoluted story from the wronged wife's perspective.

We humans sure make our lives complicated.

I was once in a situation where two good friends of mine were dating.  The girl was a friend who I would have liked to have dated back then, but she was taken so I wouldn't even consider it.  Wouldn't have worked out anyway (in hindsight at ~30 years old, 18 year old dating stuff is so obvious, but I was clueless at the time).

We go away to college.  The girl went to the college I go to, the guy went to another college.  Girl starts cheating on her boyfriend.  With my druggie roommate.  Pissed me off on SO many levels...and put me in a very uncomfortable spot.

I hate being in the middle of that kind of crap.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top