User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 8:14:25 PM EDT
May I present.....

A REVOLVER WITH RAILS!

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:16:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Meh - why not?

A revolver is not a bad self-defense weapon, because there's so little that can go wrong - allowing an easy mount for lights isn't a bad idea.  The top rail I guess is for target shooters or something?

I don't think it's all "tactical" and cool, but I don't think it's compeltely ridiculous either.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:17:21 PM EDT
[#2]
UberTactical.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:18:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
UberTactical.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:18:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

A revolver is not a bad self-defense weapon, because there's so little that can go wrong - .

Actually, there's a LOT that can go wrong - from broken springs, to timing problems to jams that require a smith to clear.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:19:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Makes since, where else would you put the Eclan?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:19:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I think it's cool.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:19:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A revolver is not a bad self-defense weapon, because there's so little that can go wrong - .

Actually, there's a LOT that can go wrong - from broken springs, to timing problems to jams that require a smith to clear.

Right - I guess I meant to say compared to mose semi-autos, the revolver is mechanically less complex.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:20:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Contrary to popular belief, revolvers DO jam.

Let's see here - rails for light, but still limited ammo capacity....
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:22:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I would add a vertical grip and boyonet to this revolver.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:23:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Now i can mount my tactical cell phone to it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:25:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks like an SKS in a Tapco stock.
I heard someone came out with a Sage stock for an M1 garand.
Now rails on a revolver?
Is nothing sacred?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:28:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey I was just trying to be openminded - I don't own any revolvers
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:32:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Is that a S&W 627 performance center?  I'm liking it!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:34:18 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm thinking it won't look good with a light on it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:36:08 PM EDT
[#15]
I like it. I don't know why people are so prone to throw a hissy-fit every time they see something that isn't wood-stocked-blue, absolute-traditional. They need to pull their Garands out of their asses (not that there's anything wrong with Garands, I love mine...)
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:38:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Yo yo put dem beams on da special.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:40:50 PM EDT
[#17]
I bet it still hurts like a mother fucker if you get shot with it, no matter how ghey it looks.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:40:54 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey I was just trying to be openminded - I don't own any revolvers

And you were right to be… the rate of malfunction and jams in revolvers undoubtedly measures fractions of those in semi-auto. Revolvers are a solid choice for self defense.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:43:13 PM EDT
[#19]
I can understand the top rail for optics and such, but the bottom rail just isnt right. I am all for tactical, but it just looks off.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:43:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Talk to me when they lose the lock and add the firing pin to the hammer. Thats more tactical than any god damned rail.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:45:48 PM EDT
[#21]
You want Sacriligeous?

I give you the Webley Fosberry Semi Automatic Revolver!

The Fosbery can get off shots as fast as any conventional semi-automatic, though the dynamics are somewhat different. Trigger was great.

in 455 of course!

The Webley-Fosbery chambers the standard Mark II .455 Webley round (left). Ballistics are similar to but slightly less potent than those of a .45 ACP (right).
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:46:18 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I would add a vertical grip and bayonet to this revolver.

I would as well as this seems to be the natural progression of it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:47:05 PM EDT
[#23]
After the light and the red dot, why not just carry a rifle?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:47:13 PM EDT
[#24]
First, I was thinkin' NUTS, but then I realized ya could mount a tac light on it . . .  good to give REVOLVERS that option.  I voted "very tactiblah"
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:47:48 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Meh - why not?

A revolver is not a bad self-defense weapon, because there's so little that can go wrong - allowing an easy mount for lights isn't a bad idea.  The top rail I guess is for target shooters or something?

I don't think it's all "tactical" and cool, but I don't think it's compeltely ridiculous either.

I had a revolver jam but I see no reason why you cant have a rail.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:51:01 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I bet it still hurts like a mother fucker if you get shot with it, no matter how ghey it looks.

Agreed.  

Who cares what it looks like as long as it does the job it was intended to do.

I'd be more concerned with the added weight of it and whatever contraption someone would mount to it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:52:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Oh and as for the vote....

Ridiculously Tactical.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:56:27 PM EDT
[#28]
As they said .... why not? If it serves a purpose, go for it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:56:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Nothing wrong with a good wheelgun . It's good to see
new designs coming down the pipe .

There is alot to be said for a weapon that doesn't litter
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:07:31 PM EDT
[#30]
I don't like the top rail because I'm not a fan of red dots on pistols. But I would like to see more revolvers with light rails coming down the pipe.  Though it doesn't look like that one would mount traditional auto lights very well.  I'd like to see it.

For what it's worth I had a Smith M66 as my nightstand gun for many years.  I never felt underprotected and only made the change because my wife finaly asked to start shooting an auto and purchased her own G19
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:26:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Why not, people have been hunting with revolvers for years, better set up for optics, so it seems logical to me.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:30:47 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Right - I guess I meant to say compared to mose semi-autos, the revolver is mechanically less complex.

Sorry DK, but the revolver is much more complex...it just doesn't seem like it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:43:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Rail for optics, ghey.  Rail for light, totaly functional...right on.

I may think old school, but I think revolvers are great defensive weapons, especially for less gun-familiar people.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:52:04 PM EDT
[#34]
I could see the top rail for target shooters, but on a 4" barrel both rails are pretty damned ghey.  Anyone in a tactical "breach the door" situation is going to want an MP5, not a revo.  

I will say that if you took the rails off of it and left it in that black finish, its durn sexy right thar.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:53:37 PM EDT
[#35]
First person to get a picture with a laser/light module on the bottom rail and an EOTech on the top rail wins the prize
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:55:52 PM EDT
[#36]
I'd like this gun only if it had a slightly higher bore axis.  

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:08:33 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Still the best choice for self defence.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:22:05 PM EDT
[#38]
I can dig it.  Something that you can slap a good 123 powered light on and leave loaded without having springs compressed our rounds slowly being squished into triangles over years...i can see it a a gun for things that go bump in the night that won't see much use otherwise.

Definitely something of a niche item, but who cares?  Some  people like pink Corvettes..
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:23:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Sacrilege?  

Let's talk Mateba.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:45:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Makes sense to me.  An easy way to add a light, and I've seen Weaver rails on tops of revolvers before on huting and target arms, so why not?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top